• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore One Party System or Taiwan Two Party System

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Taiwan Two party system must set a good example to make sure PRC one party system change

2) Singaporean shall make sure opposition win in general election to prove that one party system cannot work in Singapore. We want PRC one party system crease.

3) Singapore had too many talents, why people do not want to join politic?

4) Economy uncertain why must wasted our fund for Economy War with East Asian Community?

5) Long term invest on economy growth, this is the time to rebuilt better livelihood, new eduction system, facilities, infrastructure and other issues.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 party system is a very flawed system. The government spend more time "fixing" the opposition then they do helping the pple.

When I was in Taiwan(in Kaohsiung) just before Ma got elected I asked my colleagues about the political situation there and they were telling me they will vote DPP out since they can't seem to do the job. I was commenting that it seems to me that the government seems more busy fighting each other. The response, true but they don't care, they got elected so they are expected to take care of the opposition and fix the country at the same time

Another good example is the US right now. They can't even seem to agree on how to keep the country running and threaten to shut down government services which is ridiculous

I'm not saying 1 party system is any good. 1 party systems are very susceptible to abuse by the ruling powers.

There is no perfect system in the world. There is no 1 size fix all solution. As a nation, we need to find a solution that works for us.

unicando

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm...agree mostly...2 main party system has a longer history in weathly nation...yes they do have setbacks but when faced with big issue they are more likely to survive...