• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore might go into a recession in 2020

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether ceena mat ah neh half half it doesnt really matter to me. Tell me honestly had it been TCB..so? Does the EP bring food to ur table? Do u feel very shiok...ur in cloud 9 if ur EP belong to ur race? Need to have ur head check...:smile:

You are missing the point totally.

The race card is a desperate move to oust TCB.

If TCB was a Melayu...then the race card will still be used but this time they would want a chap cheng kia instead.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If TCB was a Melayu...then the race card will still be used but this time they would want a chap cheng kia instead.

Is the same if WP the ruling party. Can u be sure WP will give outsider to be an EP?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they did that...then they will also unite the nation too.

Why bother with "electing" an EP then?

They wont lah. They not even ready to form a govt to begin with.

As for y having a EP? Same as y having wayang party lah. Worth it to have WP in parliament?:smile: :smile:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't laugh. Next presidential erection sure chap Cheng Kia wan hor.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you all don't know how recession work, stop speculating. i only see for myself that it had already been years that sg economy is a bit stagnant.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It may be a blessing for the PAP if the recession comes in 2020 . They will use this to its full advantage to garner the best election results .

Imagine HSK dangles out the No GST increase carrot and cut interest rate n give tax rebates to workers. To spur the moribund property market , he removes all cooling measures.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether ceena mat ah neh half half it doesnt really matter to me. Tell me honestly had it been TCB..so? Does the EP bring food to ur table? Do u feel very shiok...ur in cloud 9 if ur EP belong to ur race? Need to have ur head check...:smile:
Bock will protest a bit if they put their hands into the cookie jar. Now who president also pointless as govt appointed council of president advisors can overrule the president. No matter, that is just PAP laying the groundwork for their worst enemies. :cool:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bock will protest a bit if they put their hands into the cookie jar. Now who president also pointless as govt appointed council of president advisors can overrule the president. No matter, that is just PAP laying the groundwork for their worst enemies. :cool:

Precisely! Tat bobby dont see my point. Whether we have ceena mat makal or grago EP they dont have the final say. All 4 corners PAP already covered leow....sui sui. :smile:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: Economists lowered again their forecasts for Singapore’s expected growth in 2019 after the year’s first quarter saw its slowest growth in nearly a decade, the latest economic survey from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Wednesday (Jun 12).

The survey predicts this year’s gross domestic product to be 2.1 per cent, down from the previous forecast of 2.5 per cent.
Singapore’s economic growth this year will likely be between 2 per cent and 2.4 per cent, the survey indicated.

The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) earlier narrowed its GDP estimates for this year to come between 1.5 per cent and 2.5 per cent.

Economists also expect lower median forecasts for nearly all key macroeconomic indicators.

Manufacturing is currently expected to contract 0.2 per cent, a sharp decline from the previous survey’s 2 per cent growth, while finance is predicted to come in at 3.8 per cent, down from 4.5 per cent.

The outlook was also pessimistic for the wholesale and retail trade sector – from 1.5 per cent to -0.3 per cent – and accommodation and food services – from 2.4 per cent to 1.4 per cent.

Only the construction sector is forecast to improve, from the previous 2.1 per cent to 3.5 per cent in the latest survey.

The latest quarterly survey indicated that escalating global trade protectionism remains a top potential downside risk for 94.1 per cent of the 22 respondents.

Other top downside scenarios include a slowdown in China, cited by 53 per cent of respondents, and a global economic downturn, which was cited by 29.4 per cent of respondents in the June survey as compared to the previous 5.3 per cent.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for the past two days, straits times have been down playing the economy of singapore, i believe you guys probably serve as the forecasters for s'pore's fortune.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recession or slow growth would mean both technology and consumption are now in equilibrium...other than 5g there is no next level of consumer tech to spur demand and purchases, hence the ripple effect...nows also the time for the $ that has been made during the Good times to be ploughed back into r and d and prepare for the next stage of growth...lot of mergers and takeovers globally..

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The situation in Hong Kong reminds me of 1997 when Hong Kong ceded sovereignty to China under the "One Country Two System" rule. However, Hong Kongers have never wanted to come under the control of China after so many years of the British system. Many business leaders have fears of uncertainty under the authoritarian rule of the Chinese government.

One country's misfortunes is another country 's fortunes or so they say... Singapore may stand to gain from the influx of wealth and investments from wealthy Hong Kongers as they seek to divest their wealth from Hong Kong to Singapore for safe haven.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The situation in Hong Kong reminds me of 1997 when Hong Kong ceded sovereignty to China under the "One Country Two System" rule. However, Hong Kongers have never wanted to come under the control of China after so many years of the British system. Many business leaders have fears of uncertainty under the authoritarian rule of the Chinese government.

One country's misfortunes is another country 's fortunes or so they say... Singapore may stand to gain from the influx of wealth and investments from wealthy Hong Kongers as they seek to divest their wealth from Hong Kong to Singapore for safe haven.

In the early 90s, the pap allowed heaps of HKs to come in and after a while they came and went back to HK eventhough the quality of housing is better than in HK,,,so if alot of Hks come down now,,,when things stabilised they might go back,,but of course the HK to today and 20 years ago is different,,,they might really want to leave,,,in another 28 years when the 50 year period ends what than? will Ah tiong land change enough to be a place to live? or will it get worse? or maybe the whole world will be like ah tiong land,,,censorship and rule by decree etc,,,? My personal opinion is Ah tiongs are very happy with the CCP and will not rock the boat,,,,so the CCP will continue to be ruled by hardliners....and the CCP will try and deliver economic benefits but no social and political freedoms,,,the bottomline is the CCP will be the be all and end all. and the ah tiongs will be happy and HK ppl will accept it and become a typical ah tiong.

One thing the average joe here needs to know is the brainwashing techniques and propaganda by the CCP in ah tiong land has worked wonders on the ah tiong popn and the ah tiongs are not in the interest of clamouring for democracy and freedoms etc,,,,so HK will continue to be oppressed and the ah tiongs themselves will oppress the HKs,,,so basically HK will be forced to become just another ah tiong city,,,