• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore might go into a recession in 2020

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, I think better Heng understudy Loong a few more years. Other than raising taxes I not hear anything good he do. Loong got cable car rescue heroism how to outdo? Also not very smart to outdo your boss bro especially when the wife still be control the purse string. I can safely say there is no need to expect anything good from Heng. Can take note now and quote a few years down if you not believe. :cool:
if recession were to happen in 2020, Heng will put off the GST hike, remove the property cooling measures, reduce employer CPF contribution , cut taxes and lower Sing dollar.
He helms the Finance ministry and has all the Arsenal available to beat a recession.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
if recession were to happen in 2020, Heng will put off the GST hike, remove the property cooling measures, reduce employer CPF contribution , cut taxes and lower Sing dollar.
He helms the Finance ministry and has all the Arsenal available to beat a recession.
First you say Heng no good, now you say Heng actually good. Make up your mind, lad! :confused::mad:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see the beginning of fear-mongering has started. The frightening noises as expected, will get louder and louder to scare dumb stupid sinkies to vote for them again and again while their pockets get picked.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see the beginning of fear-mongering has started. The frightening noises as expected, will get louder and louder to scare dumb stupid sinkies to vote for them again and again while their pockets get picked.
You need steady hands for that.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First you say Heng no good, now you say Heng actually good. Make up your mind, lad! :confused::mad:
I didn't say that Heng is no good. I just said that now it is Heng Swee Kiat s turn to show if he has the mettle to handle a recession.

Each generation leader will have to find its own path to success. LKY 's methods may not work today. Neither will LHL's. HSK has to find his formula to make Singapore work.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Expect the 'vote for the PAP to have a resilient government so we can weather the storm of global uncertainty' in the PAP manifesto for the upcoming election. Fearmongering claptrap. Then add a little sprinkling of bribed Merdekans and Bicentennial buzz. :rolleyes:

Expect a darker, more sombre tone this time. :wink:

GE2006 PAP manifesto

GE2011 PAP manifesto

GE2015 PAP manifesto

Population White Paper v1

Population White Paper v2
When it is an uncertain time, people will vote for stability. It is human nature to cling on to the tried and tested formula.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in preparation for more retrenchment. no retrenchment i worry.

The first sign of a weakening economy is when factories are forced to shut down due to no orders and employees are asked to go on forced leave. The next thing will be restructuring and mass retrenchment across the board.

And everything will come to a grinding halt ... property market, car purchases, shopping, travels and F&B.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This time , if there is going to be an election , I sincerely hope our dear CCS is smart enough not to ever bring up the silly taunt again , " You think you can bribe us izzit ? $300 dollars to buy our votes ?!!! I say we are better than that. " If he says it again, he will be a goner for sure!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many do not realise a crisis on a world scale is actually manufactured and timed to occur at regular intervals. Those smart govts take advantage of the fear generated to win the next election.

For eg, Bush Jr getting into a new war in Iraq to get re-elected. LKY seized the opportunity to sow fear. Many other govts did the same too.

This year, Trump intentionally caused a recession. Sg caught wind of it early and now you see the muted celebrations of 200th Centennial as compared to SG50 because it was not necessary to spend too much because the votes will be coming in for them due to the recession.

This is also a reason why they will die-die refuse to change the constitution to have an inviolable election date at a fixed interval. The ability to disband parliament to time it for just these opportunities is too good to let go.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
After this making this statement...if indeed SG goes into a recession, it is eng kai one.

But if SG does not...then it is the prowess of PAP gahmen that steered the economy out of it.

LPPL...see see ho lang kan.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
This time , if there is going to be an election , I sincerely hope our dear CCS is smart enough not to ever bring up the silly taunt again , " You think you can bribe us izzit ? $300 dollars to buy our votes ?!!! I say we are better than that. " If he says it again, he will be a goner for sure!

You mean this fuck face ?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
After this making this statement...if indeed SG goes into a recession, it is eng kai one.

But if SG does not...then it is the prowess of PAP gahmen that steered the economy out of it.

LPPL...see see ho lang kan.
PAP have foresight. PAP have leedership. No reason to stop from uniting the nation this coming election. :thumbsup:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fear mongering propaganda ... erection cumming, oni bestest talons n skolars can help sinkielan survive recession ...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They have already united this nation with using the race card for the EP.....

Whether ceena mat ah neh half half it doesnt really matter to me. Tell me honestly had it been TCB..so? Does the EP bring food to ur table? Do u feel very shiok...ur in cloud 9 if ur EP belong to ur race? Need to have ur head check...:smile: