• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore is Over-populated!!!

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to reduce the population! Not increase!

Evidence:
1. Over-crowded hospitals. Even the private hospitals had not enough beds, parking lots and not enough anesthetists when my wife was admitted for an elective procedure! Imagine? I was told sorry no anesthetists available for the moment.

2. Orchard road: Traffic jam and no parking!

3. East Coast park: Same!

4. Shopping centers: Same!

5. Primary Schools: Not enough places

6. University: Good grades but not enough places for all.

7. Jobs: Getting degrees but not enough jobs.

8. Roads: Pay highest car prices in the world also jam during off peak hrs.

9. Housing prices: Highest in the world! But low on quality.

10. Inflation even during global recession.

All Symptoms of over-crowding!

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't ever compare with the worst. That's falling into the PAP trap.

so what if Dhaka is more densely populated than us? what is its cost of living? how much do Dhaka civil serpents get paid? do they treat non-Banglas better than local Banglas?

Holy fuck shit land has so many densely populated cities.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't ever compare with the worst. That's falling into the PAP trap.

so what if Dhaka is more densely populated than us? what is its cost of living? how much do Dhaka civil serpents get paid? do they treat non-Banglas better than local Banglas?

I'm not asking him to compare. I'm telling the guy it could(and probably will) get a lot worse

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Most of these cities that are more populated then Singapore has a countryside to retreat to. Singapore is a city with no where to run or downgrade to a lower standard of living.

If you need to compare, then do it wisely.:rolleyes:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Don't kid yourself, when you said we could be worst off and then quote the 7022 per sq km?

It's pretty clear to me that you are comparing and infer we should be happy.:rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't kid yourself, when you said we could be worst off and then quote the 7022 per sq km?

It's pretty clear to me that you are comparing and infer we should be happy.:rolleyes:

1)I never asked anyone to compare

2)The reason why I put down that number was because SG wasn't in the list, in case someone wanted to know hence

And just in case U were wondering, the density of SG is 7022/km²

3)I never disagreed with the first post

And finally, if there was any misunderstanding before, It was too late to edit my first message so I clarify my purpose for the first message and made my stand clear in the 2nd message.

I'm not asking him to compare. I'm telling the guy it could(and probably will) get a lot worse

If I had disagreed with the initial post, I would have said something already. U misunderstood the purpose of my first post which was why I post a reply. Yes the first message was misleading and I did not make myself clear. My bad. However, I also did not disagree with the first post. Please don't read too much into it. There is a reason why I came out to reiterate my position

I don't shy away from an argument if I think I'm right. In fact I get flamed and flak in here all the timeHowever this was a case of misunderstanding and I don't want it to get any worse

Last edited:

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if U've ever been to some of the major cities in other countries. We're not even in the top 50 in terms of density by cities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density

And just in case U were wondering, the density of SG is 7022/km²

I believe the density you refer is just the population.

In this case many places like Tokyo or Hong Kong can be more dense than us.

But I do believe in many of these places, their housing or infrastructures are not as dense as ours.

For eg, most of our lands have been occupied with HDB flats and most of the flats are built so near to one another.

So maybe you can't just look at the figure to judge.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now this is really crowded!

Taipei_MRT_Crowds.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of these cities that are more populated then Singapore has a countryside to retreat to. Singapore is a city with no where to run or downgrade to a lower standard of living.

In other countries crowding is a result of internal migration from countryside to city.

Where Spores crowding is due to PAP policy of importing people from China, India, Australia, Indonesia, philippines, .....

In Spores case it's a PAP made problem. :rolleyes:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In other countries crowding is a result of internal migration from countryside to city.

Where Spores crowding is due to PAP policy of importing people from China, India, Australia, Indonesia, philippines, .....

In some way PAP is doing good by lowering the global GINI index.....

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well said!

Other cities cannot stop pop migration because they are in same country.

We are an island and a country by itself. Don't anyhow issue work permits can stop the problem already.

But PAP purposedly import so-called foreign talents to create overcrowding.

FUCK PAP!!!

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal