• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Flyer GM Resign

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at his CV. Singapore Sports Council-type. Typical civil-service bureaucrat, a risky choice to manage an enterprise like Flyer.

Mr Yeo probably knew that he was going to be fired, so he tendered his resignation first. Civil service bureacrats are well-trained in the art of pre-empting their bosses, even if it's detrimental to the organisation itself. He starts his new year walking away with a 6-month payoff in this pocket. He's probably earning $ 15,000 a month, so that's $90,000.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay. My bad. He did initiate the resignation.

But hor...

The reason of his resignation is not about this flyer screw up incident. Thats from my read on the following link.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_322955.html

"When asked about his resignation and the reasons for it, Singapore Flyer management would only confirm that he was gone.
But, according to Mr Yeo's resignation letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Straits Times, he quit over differences with his bosses and alleged breaches of his terms of employment.
Mr Yeo, 46, was previously general secretary of the Football Association of Singapore and deputy chief executive officer of the Singapore Sports Council.
In his resignation letter, he said he had joined the Flyer on the understanding that as general manager, he would hold 'the most senior management position and would be responsible for all operating functions'.
But, a week before the Flyer incident, company chairman Florian Bollen decided to form an executive committee and have Mr Yeo report to it. That, Mr Yeo alleged in his letter, had 'negated' his role.
The result, he wrote, was that he was confined to 'micro management'. "

So it seems he just buay song with the board of directors, committee, watever, and then tender resignation. It's not about taking responsibility of this flyer screw up incident.

So Tony is right. He is just like a sinkie.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
no. tony is right. the flyer gm is just like a sinkie. he didn't resign because he wanna take responsibility of the screw up. he resign because he buay song with board of directors and committee.

so before we praise a singaporean, think twice. majority had been sinkified by the PAP.

Last edited:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
no. tony is right. the flyer gm is just like a sinkie. he didn't resign because he wanna take responsibility of the screw up. he resign because he buay song with board of directors and committee.

so before we praise a singaporean, think twice. majority had been sinkified by the PAP.

Well, I'm not praising or condemining him. I don't know him enough. Live and let live :smile:

may interest u to check thread history as to who initiated the praising :wink:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
doesn't matter. 'cause of the close proximity of the flyer incident and the resignation of the flyer gm, the first tot would be the gm resign and take responsibility of the flyer screw up incident. its just like common sense. i would think that way too. if i had not read TODAY, and have some conversation with u guys, and then do a search on about this resignation.

anywhere else in the developed countries, people resign and take responsibility of screw up.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I'm not praising or condemining him. I don't know him enough. Live and let live :smile:

may interest u to check thread history as to who initiated the praising :wink:

Live and let live is nice but such behavior should serve as a reminder for us that it will do harm for others in the country especially someone holding a high govt position.

When you hold a govt position, your job and action will reflect on the country and it will affect the citizen in the country. Every citizen should have a say when people in the govt is a screwed up in their actions and character.

A fuck tup character holding a job in the govt will fuck the rest of the country. And the people have to have this awareness and get him out of the office.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Live and let live is nice but such behavior should serve as a reminder for us that it will do harm for others in the country especially someone holding a high govt position.

When you hold a govt position, your job and action will reflect on the country and it will affect the citizen in the country. Every citizen should have a say when people in the govt is a screwed up in their actions and character.

A fuck tup character holding a job in the govt will fuck the rest of the country. And the people have to have this awareness and get him out of the office.

U know, I agree with you on accountability. And maybe the paper evidence shows otherwise, I tend to believe that his resignation has a great deal to do with the screw-up. Whether he resigned or was sacked, the Flyer incident has shown an amount of accountability. The Mas Selamat case has not.

On the individual, like I said, we don't know him enough to judge.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
U know, I agree with you on accountability. And maybe the paper evidence shows otherwise, I tend to believe that his resignation has a great deal to do with the screw-up.

no. here's the reason of his resignation from the Straits Time.

"But, according to Mr Yeo's resignation letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Straits Times, he quit over differences with his bosses and alleged breaches of his terms of employment."

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_322955.html

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh. u mean on paper he resign 'cause of some other reason, but MAYBE IN HIS HEART, he resign because he wanna take responsibility of the screw up? Then why didn't he just put it on paper??

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I do not really believe much in the sinkieTimes on all their reports regarding sinkieland.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simply put, sporeans very hard to say they are sorry. Its hard wired by the system (pap). Its in our culture, its a social norm not to apologize even though they are at fault.

pegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy Steven Yeo, is a typical civil servant who thinks world owes him a living. He was in EDB for a while, where he was meant to be fast tracked into something or other but somehow did not happen and he was shunted into some senior positon in SSC, when he knew nothing about sports. I had the misfortune of dealing with him at both positions he held and he is truly an arrogant prick who thinks he knows all.

He likely got this Flyer job thru connections too. Probably related to some one.

He must have thought that this was another cushy job and could swagger around and run it the same way he ran the other 2 jobs he had, civil servant style!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, i don't buy it that maybe he resign for the flyer screw up incident.

simple, if he resign, 'cause he wanna take up responsibility for the flyer screw up, just go hold a press conference, and then bow and apologize in front of the press, for the incident. or write to the press, and apologize and take responsibility for the incident.

but we didn't see tat.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U know, I agree with you on accountability. And maybe the paper evidence shows otherwise, I tend to believe that his resignation has a great deal to do with the screw-up. Whether he resigned or was sacked, the Flyer incident has shown an amount of accountability. The Mas Selamat case has not.

On the individual, like I said, we don't know him enough to judge.

NO need to go to the individual level, just by his action, you will know well enough. If he has the courage to tell the whole country that he resign due to the accident, then he is not a sinkie.

IN fact it is his fault as a CEO when the whole thing get screwed up.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
or set up a blog. and then publicly state that he resign for he wanna take responsibility of the flyer screwup.

so are we suppose to give him benefit of the doubt that he resign because he wanna take responsibility? we are no psychic or psychoanalyst or mind reader.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh. u mean on paper he resign 'cause of some other reason, but MAYBE IN HIS HEART, he resign because he wanna take responsibility of the screw up? Then why didn't he just put it on paper??

I don't know what is in his heart, he might have or might not have taken responsibility on his own accord. I will always suggest to bros here not to label the person becos we don't know him.

On paper he resigned becos of differences with boss, but how many of us state the real reasons in our resignation letter?

I'm more inclined to believe he was made accountable for the Flyer's failure by the Board, and he had resigned due to that.

It sure beats someone who refuses to resign despite discontent from the public, and whose bosses condone and defend him to the death.

To me, the Flyer incident showed some form of accountability, which our ministries did not.