• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Flyer GM Resign

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Flyer's management to announce new GM soon
By Cheryl Frois, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 07 January 2009 1302 hrs

SINGAPORE: Following the sudden resignation of its General Manager Steven Yeo, a Singapore Flyer spokesperson said the company has the capabilities to move forward and will announce a new GM soon.

Meanwhile, the flyer's tenants are waiting for more measures to help them cope with the dive in traffic and slowdown in sales.

Many of the Singapore Flyer tenants were just as surprised as the public to learn of the shock exit of the giant observation wheel's general manager, Steven Yeo.

But with business at a near-standstill, most have bigger things to worry about.

Nankai, which sells crocodile skin products, refused to comment on when their outlet would reopen.

Another store said business has slowed to an average of one sale a day and shop assistants are worried they will be laid off.

Another company, Flight Experience, which brings its flight simulator experience to the public, has sunk in millions of dollars. The company has no relocation plans on the cards even after its lease expires.

Other companies like Jalapenos said the recent change in the Singapore Flyer management can only be a good thing as their correspondence with Mr Yeo since the wheel dramatically stalled on December 23 left much to be desired.

Some of the flyer's tenants said they will ask for a rental waiver until the wheel is up and running. But many are tight-lipped on whether they will seek compensation for loss of income.

Despite the helpless wait-and-see approach, tenants of Jalapenos, O'Learys and Love the World Bistro & Bar said there is confident anticipation that the S$240 million observation wheel will return with a bang, with hard-to-resist promotions.

Samuel Seong Koon, director, Love the World Bistro & Bar, said: "We are optimistic. I am a businessman and if it's financially unstable, somebody stable will take over. We have a long-term lease here so there are no worries at all."

The flyer said it will reopen once the company, experts and the authorities are satisfied with all outstanding technical issues.

More details are expected by Friday. - CNA/vm

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many of the Singapore Flyer tenants were just as surprised as the public to learn of the shock exit of the giant observation wheel's general manager, Steven Yeo.

Shock? I think this guy has integrity if he really resign on his own. I hope that is genuine.
When you failed to do the job well, that is what you should do. This is something that the minister should learn, starting from WKS.

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shock? I think this guy has integrity if he really resign on his own. I hope that is genuine.
When you failed to do the job well, that is what you should do. This is something that the minister should learn, starting from WKS.

U are right :wink: ... I was also about to comment on this ... manage wrongly, he take the initiative to leave his job position ... not like the other case, MSK escape liao going to 1 year anniversary still no news and still drawing his high pay ...

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give this guy a beer!

First person in SG leadership in recent memory to take responsibility for disasters occuring on his watch.

Some people should learn from him....

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give this guy a beer!

First person in SG leadership in recent memory to take responsibility for disasters occuring on his watch.

Some people should learn from him....

he has put a lot of people in shame, especially those in white.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are right :wink: ... I was also about to comment on this ... manage wrongly, he take the initiative to leave his job position ... not like the other case, MSK escape liao going to 1 year anniversary still no news and still drawing his high pay ...

Wont Cant Sing should return his salary and bonus from day of escape.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
As least still knows now to take responsibility for cock up.

Better than fucking Hong Kan Seng who still refused to resign after nearly one year of JI fleeing ISD. Can not find some more! One year already!

Hong Kan Seng just draw another few millions of our tax dollars while he awaited for Mas Selamat to Surrender to ISD. :oIo::oIo:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
please don't shower him with praise. he didn't resign on his own. according to TODAY, he was leaving immediately "at the request of Flyer's board of directors..."

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of GM I don't know good or bad. But as a GM if he dunno that Press Conference you need to dress up, at least long sleeve with coat or tie, I think he badly trained in marketing and PR. SAF standard lah.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please don't shower him with praise. he didn't resign on his own. according to TODAY, he was leaving immediately "at the request of Flyer's board of directors..."

2 bad he din hv sum1 2 say 4 him ...

it has oredi happened ... let's mov on ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Oh that is such a disappointment. I thought there is a change in sinkie behavior but alas, my assumption is still correct.

A sinkie is still a sinkie. I wonder when they will turn over a new leaf.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look at Yeo CT - I am sure he misses the big bucks.This guy does not have strong backing so his German bosses gave him hell n he cannot tahan the nazi shit.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not true leh. Report was he resign giving his 6-month notice (prob in his employment agreement). The Board decided he should leave immediately.

So, he inititated the resignation (at least, on paper)

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tony, U know the man? Why label him a Sinkie (by your definition, that is)?

His action is being defined as sinkie.

When you have destroyed the image of a national Icon by your own management. You should admit to your mismanagement and resign, that is a show of integrity and honor in his character.

But one forumer said that he is not but was being asked to resign. That is very disappointing.

A sinkie do not uphold proper character and try to act blur in the hope that everyone will forget what has happened and move on. Acting blur will not solve the problem and will not help anyone at all instead it shows a selfish character.

This selfish character will not help the country at all and that is why PAP always win in election even PAP keeps on screwing them. And there are many in Singapore who behave this way and i branded them sinkies.

Sinkie do not know how to create their own way of earning income and it is due to this selfish character that blind them from earning income on their own and the only way is to rely on getting a salary and worse off, balls licking in order to have an income.

Such behavior should be looked down upon and it is such behavior that cause many in Singapore to have an unhappy and unfulfilling life.

And what can i say, they deserve it.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true leh. Report was he resign giving his 6-month notice (prob in his employment agreement). The Board decided he should leave immediately.

So, he inititated the resignation (at least, on paper)

oh. so he tender resignation, and then the board ask him to leave immediately? hmm.... confusing leh....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Spore, his future depends on his connections.

Could end up working in Dubai or some other GLC if he has the RIGHT connections :confused:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
They change how many GMs liao.

First GM was angmo. Then angmo again before this local chap I think.

Next GM will be angmo or some stupid person.

They dont need smart people to run the Flyer. The smarter the GM the more problems will surface lah.