• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore buys tanks Merkava Mk 4

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tactually in this modern day era of drones n hellfire missiles etc. A tank is basically obsolete. The yanks do not manufacture new m1a2s anymore. They just recondition n upgrade their existing armour fleet n there r minimal new developments in the pipeline. Like a bro here tat say new anti tank weapons go for the top..and a drone fully loaded with anti tank weapons will make mincemeat of tanks...

And spore buy all these mbts..to fight who ah? Mudland n indonland got huge tank divisions.? N I very surprise how come our neighbours never kpkb abt us escalating the arms race? Or they r happy to see singkieland bankrupt itself by over spending on useless big ticket toys?

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tactually in this modern day era of drones n hellfire missiles etc. A tank is basically obsolete. The yanks do not manufacture new m1a2s anymore. They just recondition n upgrade their existing armour fleet n there r minimal new developments in the pipeline. Like a bro here tat say new anti tank weapons go for the top..and a drone fully loaded with anti tank weapons will make mincemeat of tanks...

And spore buy all these mbts..to fight who ah? Mudland n indonland fot huge tank divisions.? N I very surprise how come our neighbours never kpkb abt us escalating the arms race? Or they r happy to see singkieland bankrupt itself by over spending on useless big ticket toys?

. The advancement of amour technology will always be met by more lethal anti tank weapons only to be followed up by better amour and the cycle goes on till the weight of tank had reached a stage that cannot increase further. Latest trend is to employ Active Protectiom System, to destroy the round before it hit the tanks rather than to keep adding amours.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... N I very surprise how come our neighbours never kpkb abt us escalating the arms race? Or they r happy to see singkieland bankrupt itself by over spending on useless big ticket toys?

They are too busy looking after their own country & citizens. The PAP on the other hand are buying all these expensive toys for personal gloriy & $ gain.

Sporeans will only see change when they retrench these dead wood PAP MPs.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

And spore buy all these mbts..to fight who ah? Mudland n indonland got huge tank divisions.? N I very surprise how come our neighbours never kpkb abt us escalating the arms race? Or they r happy to see singkieland bankrupt itself by over spending on useless big ticket toys?

ATGMs and RPGs are useless for Singapore's needs! How to parade them for NDP?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mudland kept quiet because they are sure the tanks got no chance of crossing over the strait of johor.
Indonland hoped sillypoo get more heavy tanks and build more underground structure so the tiny dot
will eventually sink by itself. Indonland knows tanks cannot swim in the sea.
so tanks are for big boys to show off and for sillypootians to view in august parade.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mudland kept quiet because they are sure the tanks got no chance of crossing over the strait of johor.
Indonland hoped sillypoo get more heavy tanks and build more underground structure so the tiny dot
will eventually sink by itself. Indonland knows tanks cannot swim in the sea.
so tanks are for big boys to show off and for sillypootians to view in august parade.

Dont need to cross. Cut of water supply.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

Disenroth is a nobody in Germany. I have asked my German military contact in the Bundestag and he has not even heard of Diesenroth. And this guy has access to every single military facility in germany as well as their arms companies. Imagine my shock when he told me he never heard of Diesenroth. I think he is like a snake oil salesman, come to Singapore and ST Eng got angmoh cock suck disease and bought into his crap lock stock and barrel. his claim to fame is that his company developed the AMAP applique armour system used in the Bionix. He set up a factory in SIngapore to make it due to the volume of Bionix in SAF service. Guess which other country used his AMAP armour? Did you guess NO ONE ELSE? Than you are correct. Not even the german army. there are many makers of applique armour and some of them have even been tested in combat successfully. SO, why buy his? He has been trying to sell the AMAP to several armies in Europe, but no success. Some how in SIngapore, he struck gold.

The Leos are owned by the German army the Bundeswehr, and in their reserve stockpile. All MINDEF has to do is approach the German govt. directly. Unless they are so stupid as to use and pay commission to a middleman. And it will not be Diesenroth anyway.

I think some one here in this forum claim to know him and thought highly of him (maybe it was you), but really, u just have to ask the questions that are fact supported. i.e. who else in the world uses Diesenroth's product? If its so good, why no one is using it? Why are we the only suckers to use it? After all Chobham armour used by many countries.

The VP in STK who was to provide Bionix with armour was in bed with Diesenroth....... mutually stroking each other with huge benefits\
VP soon got promoted to CTO for outsourcing his responsibilities to IB Diesenroth while the scum Diesenroth grew super rich on sambal blanchan supplied by CTO of ST inc Kinetics

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ironic thing is when Israeli weapon merchants book in to Mindef, they're known by a certain 'code word' rather than Israel. Gotta keep their identity hush hush and secret due to political sensitivities. :rolleyes:

in GKS time they are known as Mexican farmers .......... sold us lousy recond battle tanks