• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore buys tanks Merkava Mk 4

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
some assholes made a mistake with Leopard purchase n now try to correct it with the Merkava..........Bastards! We end up paying for their mistakes

Now they want to buy helicoper carrier when what we need is aircraft carrier..... SS SR Nathan or izzit SS CV Devan Nair??

I would wait to here for more confirmation from other sources of this Merk purchase by the SAF. As far as I can determine, only one source has indicated this sale. the country might be Columbia and not singapore that the Merks were sold to. Once there is confirmation, I will start a thread on it. Anyway, this is news to my old kakis in Armour formation. They can't confirm it themselves.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tank or anti-tank missile? I choose the missile, because tankies get cooked in their metal coffins.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LieUSOgq-bU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i think these types of weapons are banned.....they are deemed inhumane for causing excessive cruelty to infantry and humans.....by the UN and the geneva convention.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tanks are no match for this:

[video=youtube;-_ZeD40Rg8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A[/video]

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
All tanks are like sitting ducks against the the Russian's portable hand-guided anti-tank missiles. Watch document below to see how Merkava tanks fare under the Guerrilla warfare of the Hezbollah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VyiCUmILA
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I5VyiCUmILA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am trained in Milan and Spike, my opinion is no tanks in this world can outrun and stop ATGM rounds. But from Lebanon experience, the merkava actually performed very well. Most hits by ATGM didn't result in secondary explosion that goes to prove the tank excellent crew protection capability. Had this been a Russia tanks, the secondary explosion would cause the entire turret to dislodge from the chassis. What more is most damage merkava tanks were repaired and sent back to service. Don't think this would ever be possible for any other tanks if they were to be hit by ATGM.

Having said this I doubt MBT is really suitable for our region.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am trained in Milan and Spike, my opinion is no tanks in this world can outrun and stop ATGM rounds. But from Lebanon experience, the merkava actually performed very well. Most hits by ATGM didn't result in secondary explosion that goes to prove the tank excellent crew protection capability. Had this been a Russia tanks, the secondary explosion would cause the entire turret to dislodge from the chassis. What more is most damage merkava tanks were repaired and sent back to service. Don't think this would ever be possible for any other tanks if they were to be hit by ATGM.

Having said this I doubt MBT is really suitable for our region.

hahahaha, I think you better go for retraining again. Don't you know that they always feed you a bunch of crap about the capabilities of your weapons. They are always exaggerating it. U ever heard of ERA? Chobham? Modern MBTs can routinely defeat your 2nd Gen ATGWs like Milan and Spike. Unless you have a tandem warhead on your ATGW, you are not going to kill a modern MBT. And most western MBTs like the M1 have blow out panels and excellent fire suppression systems. If you are in a T-72, that's a different story. BTW, M1 are routinely running even after taking ATGW and RPG hits. And so were the M60s with ERA. Even a Russian tank can survive a Milan hit if it has an ERA like Kontakt. The turret blows of the sucker when they are hit by a APFSDS round, and it causes a fire inside, not usually a ATGW round unless it was a stock T-72 with no ERA.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
it can hold 6 passengers in the rear compartment, thus making it an ambulance-friendly tank for crushing shitskins in little india. :p

Are you stupid? U are talking about the SPF. Even in a Merkava, they will still open the back door and run out once the crowd threatens to burn it.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaha, I think you better go for retraining again. Don't you know that they always feed you a bunch of crap about the capabilities of your weapons. They are always exaggerating it. U ever heard of ERA? Chobham? Modern MBTs can routinely defeat your 2nd Gen ATGWs like Milan and Spike. Unless you have a tandem warhead on your ATGW, you are not going to kill a modern MBT. And most western MBTs like the M1 have blow out panels and excellent fire suppression systems. If you are in a T-72, that's a different story. BTW, M1 are routinely running even after taking ATGW and RPG hits. And so were the M60s with ERA. Even a Russian tank can survive a Milan hit if it has an ERA like Kontakt. The turret blows of the sucker when they are hit by a APFSDS round, and it causes a fire inside, not usually a ATGW round unless it was a stock T-72 with no ERA.

No tank is invisible regardless the amour used. M1 also suffered loses in Iraq by RPGs. During Yom Kippur war, one centurion carried on fighting despite taking 11 hits. It all depends on where the round land.

Spike is tandem warhead. Modern ATGM like spike and javelin are designed to attack MBT weakest area, the top. Arguing whether ERA can defeat it is probably irrelevant. Milan, tow flat trajectory flight profile are basically outdated concept.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Sillypore has got ST Kinetics to design and build it's own tank?
ST Kinetics is so proud to claim that it has a partnership with a particular tank manufacturer that
they are capable of designing and building their customized tanks.

They even show case it in a documentary film about Sillypore's defense.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would wait to here for more confirmation from other sources of this Merk purchase by the SAF. As far as I can determine, only one source has indicated this sale. the country might be Columbia and not singapore that the Merks were sold to. Once there is confirmation, I will start a thread on it. Anyway, this is news to my old kakis in Armour formation. They can't confirm it themselves.

Can this rhino outgun M1 MBT?
It appears to hv only passive armour whereas M1 has both passive and reactive armours and driven by jet engines

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST Kinetics is so proud to claim that it has a partnership with a particular tank manufacturer that

Yes ST designed tank call the Ho Ching !

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

STK has good connection with Rheinmetall and a middleman scum Friedrick Ulf Diesenroth who is named strategic Partner of sTK .....he is a good fren of ST CTO who butter him with sambal blachan which Dierenroth loves... die die must eat!!

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what was the mistake with the leopards?

some assholes made a mistake with Leopard purchase n now try to correct it with the Merkava..........Bastards! We end up paying for their mistakes

Now they want to buy helicoper carrier when what we need is aircraft carrier..... SS SR Nathan or izzit SS CV Devan Nair??

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Russian's Kornet Anti-Tank Missile in action. No tank can escape it's terror.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RUJSaeE3EKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>