• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to balance the need for continuity and renewal. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

23 h ·
I just announced the new Cabinet line-up today, which seeks to balance the need for continuity and renewal.
As we are approaching the end of this term of government, the ministers will largely stay in their present roles. To renew the team, I will be making some promotions amongst the junior office holders and backbenchers.
I will promote Ms Low Yen Ling and Mr Desmond Tan to Senior Ministers of State, and Ms Rahayu Mahzam to Minister of State. I will also appoint Mr Murali Pillai as Minister of State in Ministry of Law and Ministry of Transport, and Mr Shawn Huang as Senior Parliamentary Secretary in Ministry of Education and Ministry of Finance.
I will be supported by two Deputy Prime Ministers, Gan Kim Yong and Heng Swee Keat. I've worked with them for many years and value their advice and counsel. I will tap on their expertise and views, as I take on my new responsibility. They will also help me to mentor the younger office-holders.
We have a full agenda ahead of us. Let's take Singapore forward together.
You can read my speech here: go.gov.sg/presscon13may2024
You can also read the PMO statement here at: www.pmo.gov.sg
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Lim Sin Thai)
May be an image of 9 people, the Oval Office and dais

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence is deeply honoured. :notworthy:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
I am deeply honoured to be sworn in as the 4th Prime Minister of Singapore.
As I embark on my new role, I also invite all of you to join me and my team in our journey forward.
Everyone will have a stake in our nation’s progress.
Everyone will play a key role in shaping our future.
Let us unite with common purpose and shared resolve.
Let us take Singapore Forward – Together.
Majulah Singapura!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Fyrol)

441575645_993905012094978_8869439984931147513_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will serve us with all his heart. :wink::inlove::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
This is my promise to all Singaporeans: I will serve you with all my heart, and always strive to make tomorrow better than today.
My mission is clear: to continue defying the odds and to sustain this miracle called Singapore!

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence held his first cabinet meeting. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
First day in my new role. Held my first Cabinet meeting this afternoon.
We have a full agenda ahead. Look forward to working with all of you to take Singapore forward in our next phase.
PS: Some of you asked if the room has changed. We are using a different room for cabinet meetings because of the upcoming restoration works in the Istana.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Lim Sin Thai)

436302497_994431398709006_8328041645802852847_n.jpg

428361157_994431422042337_6140577625254405047_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence spoke with Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, Indonesian President-Elect Prabowo Subianto and Japanese Prime Minister Kishida Fumio over the phone. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

3 d ·
Spoke with Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim, Indonesian President-Elect Prabowo Subianto and Japanese Prime Minister Kishida Fumio over the phone earlier today. They called to congratulate me on my new role, and I thank them for their well wishes.
I look forward to working with them to boost bilateral and regional cooperation. There’s much we can do with like-minded countries to achieve win-win outcomes, and steer developments towards continued peace, stability and prosperity for Asia and the world.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Lim Sin Thai)

441934065_994500438702102_1558089385405912835_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence hopes you all find your own ways to de-stress and stay productive. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Some changes with my new role: bigger responsibilities and even greater challenges ahead!
1f31f.png
But some routines never change — like my evening walks and jogs, unwinding amidst nature.
1f33f.png
Here’s hoping you all find your own ways to de-stress and stay productive!
1f4aa.png

442487815_996585745160238_3551181404284197882_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence has an important reminder. :cautious:

Lawrence Wong

7 h ·
The attack last Friday (17th May) at a Police station in Ulu Tiram, Johor, killed two police officers and injured another. Investigations into the attack are ongoing and the attacker’s motivations remain unclear. What is known is that the attacker’s father was a member of the Jemaah Islamiyah, although the attacker was said to have acted alone. Such an attack, just across our borders, is a grim reminder that the threat of terrorism remains high.
The ongoing conflict in the Middle East has been used by global terrorist elements to peddle their radical rhetoric and incite calls for violence. We have to remain vigilant against such extremist ideology finding resonance here. In particular, self-radicalisation is a growing concern, especially in our youths. Over the past two years, four self-radicalised youths (under the age of 20) were dealt with under the Internal Security Act.
I have just received a briefing from our security agencies. In view of the heightened threat situation following the Ulu Tiram attack, we have stepped up security measures, including at our checkpoints. Our security agencies will continue to monitor global and regional security developments closely.
I urge the public to remain vigilant against the terrorism threat. Report any suspicious persons or activities to the authorities immediately.
If someone you know shows signs of radicalisation, contact ISD at 1800-2626-473 for prompt assistance. Early reporting will allow ISD and its partners to help the suspected radicalised individual in a timely manner and prevent the person from harming himself/herself and others.
(
1f4f8.png
: Photo by Singapore Police Force during the Islandwide Multi-Agency Counter-Terrorism Exercise conducted on 30 April 2024 and 1 May 2024)
May be an image of 4 people

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence spoke to Republic of Korea President 윤석열. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

21 h ·
Spoke to Republic of Korea President 윤석열 yesterday. I thanked him for his congratulatory message, and we discussed ways to strengthen bilateral ties, as we prepare to mark the 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties between our two countries in 2025.
President Yoon also invited me to attend the Artificial Intelligence Seoul Summit - a virtual gathering of leaders co-hosted by the Korean and UK governments, which I participated in this evening.
The key question we face in the world is how we can harness the benefits of AI, while reducing its dangers to humanity. From Singapore’s perspective, AI safety, inclusivity, and innovation must progress in tandem. And we will do our part in advancing these efforts, in close cooperation with the international community.
Good to exchange views on this issue with leaders including Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau, President of France Emmanuel Macron, Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz, Republic of Korea President Yoon Suk-yeol, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Rishi Sunak, US Vice-President Kamala Harris and more.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Terence Tan)
May be an image of 1 person

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wishes all Buddhists in Singapore a blessed Vesak Day. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

20 h ·
1fab7.png
Wishing all Buddhists in Singapore a blessed Vesak Day tomorrow! May this day bring peace, kindness and compassion to one and all.
Unfortunately we are marking Vesak Day this year with news of the incident on the SQ321 flight earlier today. We are all saddened and shocked by what happened. My deepest condolences to the family members and loved ones of the deceased.
We are working closely with Thai authorities and doing everything we can to support the passengers and crew. We pray for their safe return and smooth recovery for those who are injured. We are still getting more information from Bangkok and will provide further updates in due course.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Ngau Kai Yan)

445601647_997855901699889_8786625094403105575_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was relieved. :coffee:

Lawrence Wong

9 h ·
I was relieved to hear that 131 passengers and 12 crew onboard Singapore Airlines flight SQ321 have safely returned to Singapore early this morning. Singapore Airlines had flown a plane with their staff to bring these passengers and crew back.
The Transport Safety Investigation Bureau under the Ministry of Transport, Singapore will conduct a thorough investigation.
On behalf of the government and people of Singapore, I thank the authorities in Thailand for their support in providing medical assistance and looking after the affected passengers and crew.
My deepest condolences once again to the family and loved ones of the deceased. I also hope and pray that those who are injured will recover and return home soon.
(
1f4f8.png
: The Straits Times Photo: Ariffin Jamar)

445594523_998122488339897_6128614823259159249_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence had a good discussion. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
While geographically distant, Singapore and the Pacific have much in common as fellow small island states. As small states, we are inherently vulnerable with no buffer against shocks. But we make up for that through our agility, resourcefulness and cooperation — working together to support one another and to strengthen the rules-based multilateral system.
Earlier this week, Singapore hosted the Pacific Ministers in Singapore for the 3rd Singapore-Pacific High-Level Visit. I was glad to meet them yesterday at the Istana — my first official event as PM with external visitors.
We had a good discussion on how Singapore and the Pacific can strengthen cooperation amidst an increasingly uncertain and volatile world, as well as tackle common challenges, in particular the existential threat of climate change.
I wish the Pacific delegations a fruitful visit here
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Betty Chua)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence met and hosted lunch for Kazakhstan President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and his delegation. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

·
Singapore values our warm and expanding ties with Kazakhstan. Our economies could not be more different, given that Kazakhstan is resource rich and the 9th largest country in the world by land mass, and Singapore is land scarce with limited natural resources. But our economies share many complementarities and there are opportunities for more win-win collaborations.
I met and hosted lunch for Kazakhstan President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and his delegation today. We discussed developments in Central Asia and Southeast Asia, including our mutual interest in promoting a rules-based world order. And we discussed ways to strengthen bilateral cooperation, including in areas such as trade and investment, education, and digitalisation. To this end, President Tokayev and I witnessed the exchange of six government-to-government agreements today in the areas of economic cooperation, higher education, intellectual property rights protection, legal cooperation, and security cooperation.
President Tokayev is on his first State Visit to Singapore, but is familiar with our country, having lived here in the 1970s as a young diplomat. This is a good example of our people-to-people ties with Kazakhstan, and it continues now - with more than 60 Kazakhs pursuing their higher education in Singapore! We wish President Tokayev and his delegation a productive visit here.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Terence Tan)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wishes students Happy school holidays. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

Happy school holidays
☀️

Hope all our students will have a good break to recharge, unwind, and take some time to relax during this school break!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Liu Ying)

445641507_999395854879227_5585619219702441138_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will continue to review and update policies. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

·
Families are the bedrock of our society. They provide a sense of belonging, strength, identity, and most importantly — shape our children’s path for years to come.
We’ve been supporting families across different phases of life. From young couples getting their first homes, to accessible childcare facilities, parental leave and helping our seniors age well — we will ensure every family thrives.
Last month, we released tripartite guidelines to advance flexible work arrangements in Singapore.
We will continue to review and update our policies, to better support families and build a Singapore made for families.
Everyone can play a part, from employers supporting your employees, to fathers stepping up for childcare, and more. Join us to grow this Families for Life movement!
#FamiliesforLife #FamilyFestSG
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Ngua Kai Yan)
Masagos Zulkifli MSF Singapore Families for Life

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence is fully committed to serving you. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

·
1f4e2.png
Update: Starting this week, the Meet the People session (MPS) at Our Limbang will be held on Wednesday evenings instead of Mondays. The time and venue remain unchanged.
I will be there whenever possible to address the needs of Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC residents. On evenings when I have other commitments, my fellow MPs in the GRC will be there to assist you.
We are fully committed to serving you to the best of our abilities!

445226828_1000767538075392_9170650916120434905_n.jpg