• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to meet the King of Bhutan His Majesty Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f1e7_1f1f9.png
Singapore and Bhutan share a warm friendship, underpinned by strong people-to-people ties.
Happy to meet the King of Bhutan His Majesty Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck this morning. His Majesty is an old friend to Singapore, and I last met him during my visit to Bhutan in 2013. As fellow small states, Singapore and Bhutan cooperate closely in areas of mutual interest. His Majesty and I had a good discussion on Bhutan’s development as well as how we can strengthen bilateral ties going ahead.
Hope that His Majesty has a fruitful and enjoyable visit to Singapore, and I look forward to meeting him again soon.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Betty Chua)

432994341_957926429026170_1869868800895173835_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will continue to do what he can. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
The catastrophe in Gaza is horrific and unbearable. The collateral damage has been staggering. Our heart goes out to the Palestinian people.
That’s why Singapore is delivering another round of humanitarian aid supplies to Gaza through the RSAF and together with the Royal Jordanian Air Force.
We will continue to do whatever we can, together with other like-minded countries in the international community, to help the civilians in Gaza, call for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire and a permanent end to hostilities, as well as a negotiated two-state solution between Israel and Palestine.
(
1f4f8.png
: Photos by Ministry of Defence, Singapore (MINDEF)
May be an image of 4 people, aircraft and text that says RT BLANKETS GAPORE SINGAPORE RSG BLANKETS

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to join fellow grassroots, residents and volunteers for buka puasa at the mosque. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Al-Khair mosque was founded in the early 60s on a hilltop surrounded by farms along Choa Chu Kang Road. It has since been rebuilt in its present location and serves our Muslim residents in the CCK, Bukit Panjang, and Yew Tee area.
Happy to join fellow grassroots, residents and volunteers for buka puasa at the mosque. May all our Muslim friends have a Ramadan filled with abundant blessings and joy!
Our Limbang Gan Kim Yong Alex Yam

433494072_959083932243753_6998612097202066002_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence congratulates CNA. :wink:

Lawrence Wong is with Steven Chia and
3 others
.​

1 d ·
I still remember the launch of CNA in 1999. I was working as an economist then and appreciated the Asia-focussed coverage provided by CNA (which was not available in other networks). Since then I’ve continued to watch CNA daily and have seen it grow and transform, and adapt to the new digital media environment.
The work of media like CNA is vital to our society. Congrats to CNA on your 25th anniversary - wishing you all the best, as you continue to engage, entertain and enrich audiences, and enhance our understanding of Asia.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Terence Tan)

433753548_960528552099291_5873133973513134018_n.jpg

433248708_960528722099274_1206431809234830654_n.jpg

433452435_960528825432597_4027259148798959492_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks everyone. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
We've had some 24 Budget engagements with Singaporeans from all walks of life, business owners, and more, over the past 4 months - as part of our #SGBudget2024 engagements.
Today, Gan Kim Yong and I wrapped up the last Budget engagement with captains of industry at Singapore Business Federation.
Our business leaders welcomed the new SkillsFuture Level-Up Programme, recognising that lifelong learning is key for our workers to develop to their fullest potential.
Thank you everyone who came forward to share your views and feedback.
1f64f.png
While Budget engagements have concluded, our work continues.
#SGBudget2024 marks the first instalment in our ForwardSG journey - let’s continue to chart our collective future and write the next chapter of the Singapore Story together.
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks everyone in SIT. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

5 d ·
Learning is not about exams or grades - it’s about empowering all of us to improve, excel, and be the best possible version of ourselves.
That’s also the mission of education institutions like SIT - to instill the right attitudes and mindsets for learning amongst our students and wider community.
SIT marks its 10th year as an autonomous university and is well-positioned to play a key role in strengthening the culture of applied learning and skills mastery in Singapore. There will also be many more opportunities for collaboration and innovation when SIT moves to its new campus in Punggol Digital District later this year.
Many thanks to everyone in SIT - past and present - for your contributions in taking SIT this far. Look forward to seeing what SIT and all its SITizens can do in the years ahead, to advance the wellbeing of Singapore and our fellow citizens!
(
1f4f8.png
Singapore Institute of Technology Chan Chun Sing Ng Eng Hen Ong Ye Kung Janil Puthucheary

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wishes his Christian friends and loved ones a blessed Good Friday tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

2 h ·
Wishing our Christian friends and loved ones a blessed Good Friday tomorrow - a day for reflection, penance, and prayer.
May everyone have a joyful Easter weekend and make the most of the extended break!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Chwee / Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary)
May be an image of 6 people and the Guadalajara Cathedral

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence celebrated World Water Day. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

22 March at 09:12 ·
Celebrated World Water Day at Our Limbang Water of Life Carnival last week!
We shared fun and educational activities to highlight the importance of water conservation and sustainability. Many residents also pledged to make a difference and ensure a sustainable water future for all.
1f331.png
1f4a7.png
#MakeEveryDropCount. Remember, every drop saved today is a promise for a better tomorrow. Thank you Just Keep Thinking for joining us too!
Limbang YN

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence spent a meaningful Thursday evening. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong is with Desmond Choo 朱倍庆 and
2 others
.​

23 March at 09:22 ·
Spent a meaningful Thursday evening at Masjid Darul Ghufran! Darul Ghufran welcomed friends and religious leaders of other faiths to join them in their Buka Puasa and to experience the spirit of Ramadan together.
Such opportunities by Harmony Circles and M3 at Tampines allow us to better understand and appreciate each other’s traditions and cultures. This is what being a multi-racial and religious society is all about, and what we can be proud of as Singaporeans.
Saya turut serta dalam acara berbuka puasa di Masjid Darul Ghufran kelmarin. Acara ini disertai teman-teman daripada berbilang kaum dan agama.
Terima kasih kepada Harmony Circles dan M3 at Tampines atas usaha anda menganjurkan acara silang agama ini!
[
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Terence Tan]

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was glad to welcome US Senator Todd Young to Singapore. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

5 d ·
I am glad to welcome US Senator Todd Young to Singapore. We had a good discussion on opportunities to further our bilateral cooperation in areas such as talent and research exchanges, as well as in critical and emerging technologies. I wish Senator Young a fruitful visit in Singapore.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Liu Ying)

434355768_963488158469997_700593342447047144_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence had an insightful meeting. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

5 d ·
I had an insightful meeting today with Indian External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar. We spoke about expanding cooperation in areas such as digitalisation and supply chain resilience. We also discussed recent regional developments and the complexities of the global landscape.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Betty Chua)

434350951_963550251797121_822777202794137659_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was glad to join residents in Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC to buka puasa together. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

5 d ·
Glad to join residents in Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC to buka puasa together.
During this time of Ramadan, our hearts go out to the Palestinian people. As a government, we are doing all we can to help with global relief efforts. We are doing our part as a community too. In particular, Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC has launched fundraising efforts for humanitarian aid for Gaza, in collaboration with the RLAF, Rahmatan Lil Alamin Foundation.
Together, we can express our solidarity and make a difference.
Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to welcome Communist Party of China International Department Minister Liu Jianchao back to Singapore. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

4 d ·
Happy to welcome Communist Party of China International Department Minister Liu Jianchao back to Singapore. Minister Liu’s visit builds on the positive momentum of Singapore-China relations, which have been upgraded to an “All-Round High-Quality Future-Oriented Partnership.” We have also continued to see numerous exchanges of visits across all levels.
During my last visit to China in December 2023 for the Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation, PRC Vice Premier Ding Xuexiang and I had agreed to advance cooperation in many areas, such as trade and investments, the digital and green economies, financial connectivity, and more.
Both Minister Liu and I expressed confidence that our countries will continue to build on the positive momentum of our bilateral collaboration, which will reap benefits for our peoples as well as the region.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Chwee)

433130346_964069058411907_4988832116046206161_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence has been distributing porridge. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

3 d ·
We have been distributing porridge to Our Limbang residents since the start of Ramadan. Many thanks to our donors and volunteers for this effort. We are about halfway into this month of fasting. Sending well wishes to all our Muslim friends - have a blessed Ramadan!

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to chat with many people. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

6 d ·
Joined MOS Assoc Prof Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim and Mayor Denise Phua Lay Peng at the Kampong Glam Bazaar, and was happy to chat with many who were there after work or school.
Also spoke to some vendors and tried some of their food. They were all sedap! I hope all of you will have the chance to visit the various Ramadan bazaars around the island to show your support!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Betty Chua)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence has a few serendipitous encounters. :barefoot::x3::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
I’ve served in Marsiling-Yew Tee GRC since 2015 and have done many rounds of house visits in Our Limbang during this period. It enables me to stay engaged with residents, get to know them better, and to hear first-hand any issues and concerns they may have. Plus it’s always fun to have a few serendipitous encounters along the way, like this meeting with a wedding couple and their family at the void deck!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbi...Zp5v6HQf52IfxFZK2F1mc6x-YSUxLoNQU&__tn__=EH-R

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence congratulates Loh Kean Yew. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Congratulations to Loh Kean Yew on your victory at the Madrid Spain Masters
1f3f8.png

In sports the victors are feted and praised by all. But we do not always see how much work goes into the practice sessions; or the series of failed matches and dry spells that come before the win.
Kean Yew's win is an achievement for Singapore. More than that, it’s a testament to his perseverance and dedication over the years.
We celebrate this resilience in all our athletes, for that’s the Singapore spirit - we never give up; we never say die, and we keep striving to do better!
[
1f4f8.png
:Singapore Badminton Association] Kean Yew with his coach and physiotherapist
Team Singapore

434608982_967411691410977_7374755344324556300_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks RRG volunteers. :smile:

Lawrence Wong is with Teo Chee Hean and
2 others
at Khadijah Mosque.​

3 d · Singapore ·
The Religious Rehabilitation Group (RRG) plays a key role in strengthening our social cohesion - be it through counselling those at risk of being radicalised, or reaching out to the community.
I thank our RRG volunteers for hosting me for buka puasa at Khadijah Mosque. The event was made all the more special as we marked the official naming of the Ustaz Ali Haji Mohamed Auditorium - a fitting tribute to the founding co-chairman of the RRG.
The secret to Singapore's success has always been our ability to forge unity out of diversity. In a more dangerous and troubled world, we must redouble our efforts to expand our common ground, strengthen our compact and keep Singapore a peaceful and harmonious oasis.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos [1, 3, 4 & 5] by Chwee and [2] by Liu Ying)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence cheered. :o-o::confused::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

3 d ·
"There is more than one way to be successful, and most importantly, we got to do things that we ourselves are proud of."
I cheered when I heard this from Joseph Schooling at his press conference this morning.
Joseph has shown us that it is possible to pursue a different pathway, one based on our own purpose and interests, take pride in it, and excel at the highest levels.
Joseph gave it his all, and went all the way. He made the impossible possible and became our first Olympic champion. He made us all proud and inspired an entire nation.
Happy retirement Joseph. Wishing you all the best for your next chapter!
(Photo with Joseph Schooling and Quah Zheng Wen at the 28th SEA Games in Singapore in 2015,
1f4f8.png
: Facebook / Joseph Isaac Schooling)

435331034_968446814640798_2511446148602893170_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence arrived in the beautiful city of Luang Prabang for the ASEAN Finance Ministers’ and Central Bank Governors’ Meeting! :wink:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Just arrived in the beautiful city of Luang Prabang for the ASEAN Finance Ministers’ and Central Bank Governors’ Meeting! Looking forward to discussions with my counterparts over the next two days on how we can enhance connectivity and resilience for the region.

434678693_969626554522824_5033936408880688730_n.jpg