• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sign on regulars salary should be cut down to 50%

Pastors_of_CHC_Sucks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think those army navy airforce civil police home team sign on regulars salary should be cut down to 50%. i mean if they really sign on whole heartedly to help protect red dot, then the salary should not be a concern to them and somemore there are so many benefits and remunerations for them!:oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think those army navy airforce civil police home team sign on regulars salary should be cut down to 50%. i mean if they really sign on whole heartedly to help protect red dot, then the salary should not be a concern to them and somemore there are so many benefits and remunerations for them!:oIo:

Ur logic is the same as your boss telling you to cut your salary by 50%. I mean if you really join them whole heartedly because you love your job and love your company, then the salary should not be a concern to you.

Some of you should stop pulling moronic comments from your ass and start using your brain. When Lui said that the internet isnt self regulated enough, I totally agree with him. But only that part, I do not agree with the part where the internet community have to defend Ah Seng. Netizens have the right to support him or not. In which case this place is a good example, of what Lui was referring to. The vast majority of the comments/post made here are mostly something someone pull out from his ass or from unsubstantiated rumours. Some threads may have started off well enough but it always ends up with PAP flaming or flaming of other individuals. Doesn't help that most of the flaming are based on rumors that are usually unsubstantiated.

The 1 good example that I experienced just a couple of months back was some discussion on counter terrorism and it inevitably went to the discussion of SOF storming of SQ117. Half the joker in that thread claimed that the SOF only succeeded coz the terrorist where using cutlery as weapons. Well I gave them the benefit of a doubt and ask for proof but no one could provide any. However when I did some research on the topic, it seems that the terrorist smuggled weapons on board the flight. I'm pretty certain any moron would be smuggling something better then a fork and knife(weapons those joker claim the terrorist were using) on board. Of coz my research was totally drowned by all the flaming going around and no one could be bothered about it.

Instead of looking at what Lui say and reflect upon what has happened, everyone just flames him and comes up with stupid comments like this thread. Seriously, the guy deserve flaming but what he said isnt totally untrue. We should at least try to take more responsibility on what we say and post so that politicians will have nothing to say against us when the internet starts opposing them during the next elections.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think those army navy airforce civil police home team sign on regulars salary should be cut down to 50%. I mean if they really sign on whole heartedly to help protect red dot, then the salary should not be a concern to them and somemore there are so many benefits and remunerations for them!:oio:

so will u take a 50% cut and protect little red dot willingly and whole heartedly without any reservations? This former regular can tell you he didn't when he put his signature on that paper, it's about the money stupid!!

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Protecting the red dot doesn't mean you will do it for free. :rolleyes:

What the hell are some idiots here thinking??? :smile:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Protecting the red dot doesn't mean you will do it for free. :rolleyes:

What the hell are some idiots here thinking??? :smile:
self regulation also means that we have the intelligence to sieve out the moronic comments and ignore them. I always read them for entertainment but one should have the maturity to know whether to believe or not.

those that posted messages to support the fire-setter are probably the first ones to vote for Mr Seng if there is an election. just take it at face value - and forget about it.

its true, many signed on regulars do so because of job stability, stable pay and not so much competition - if you are not ambitious, you will drift through, get promoted when time come and so long you dun do stupid things, you will retire with a sum of money...why not?

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAF officers should be paid based on the training they are undergoing.

Most of these people spent their time running YOG, and F1, national day and other national display stuff... why? did we (tax payer) pay them so much money to organise F1 or national day parade? or even the coming youth olympic?

i am sure we have professionals in singapore who can do these stuff well, or even better? Soldiers shoudl concentrate on defending singapore, be it training or actual duties....

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur logic is the same as your boss

The 1 good example that I experienced just a couple of months back was some discussion on counter terrorism and it inevitably went to the discussion of SOF storming of SQ117. Half the joker in that thread claimed that the SOF only succeeded coz the terrorist where using cutlery as weapons. Well I gave them the benefit of a doubt and ask for proof but no one could provide any. However when I did some research on the topic, it seems that the terrorist smuggled weapons on board the flight. I'm pretty certain any moron would be smuggling something better then a fork and knife(weapons those joker claim the terrorist were using) on board. Of coz my research was totally drowned by all the flaming going around and no one could be bothered about it.

QUOTE]

The terrorist used useless weapons. The pilot is in touch with the authorities. Knowing that they have no good weapons, the SOF decided to go in for the kill, and to show off.

If the terrorist have guns and bombs strapped to their bodies, you see how they would have reacted. Kill them? Shoot them and risk the bomb going off?

boii77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like wat our ministers said.. if dun pay them high salaries, they will subject to corruption.. if we dun pay the soldiers high salaries, in time of war, they may switch alliances...

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SAF officers should be paid based on the training they are undergoing.

Most of these people spent their time running YOG, and F1, national day and other national display stuff... why? did we (tax payer) pay them so much money to organise F1 or national day parade? or even the coming youth olympic?

i am sure we have professionals in singapore who can do these stuff well, or even better? Soldiers shoudl concentrate on defending singapore, be it training or actual duties....

Dude, when i was in the force, we had so many ECA that our officers simply explain to us that, our KPI is not based on how good we're at our work, but how good we are organizing non work related events.

Don't be shocked its true, im glad im making a relatively honest living now without going through the motion for so much time wasting antics out of my required work hours! :rolleyes:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most people as it is hate the army. If their pays get halfed, I don't think that there will be that many people signing on. But than again, the pays of the useless paper generals and chiefs are the ones that should be cut. Can the paper generals fight a war if it breaks out? Likewise, would the police chief be able to handle a real riot (no the half fucked tak boleh tahan or the kangaroo T shirt protest) if it breaks out?

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur logic is the same as your boss telling you to cut your salary by 50%. I mean if you really join them whole heartedly because you love your job and love your company, then the salary should not be a concern to you.

Some of you should stop pulling moronic comments from your ass and start using your brain. When Lui said that the internet isnt self regulated enough, I totally agree with him. But only that part, I do not agree with the part where the internet community have to defend Ah Seng. Netizens have the right to support him or not. In which case this place is a good example, of what Lui was referring to. The vast majority of the comments/post made here are mostly something someone pull out from his ass or from unsubstantiated rumours. Some threads may have started off well enough but it always ends up with PAP flaming or flaming of other individuals. Doesn't help that most of the flaming are based on rumors that are usually unsubstantiated.

Instead of looking at what Lui say and reflect upon what has happened, everyone just flames him and comes up with stupid comments like this thread. Seriously, the guy deserve flaming but what he said isnt totally untrue. We should at least try to take more responsibility on what we say and post so that politicians will have nothing to say against us when the internet starts opposing them during the next elections.

Real life is not self-regulated. What makes you think we behave any differently in real life and when on the internet?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ur logic is the same as your boss

QUOTE]

The terrorist used useless weapons. The pilot is in touch with the authorities. Knowing that they have no good weapons, the SOF decided to go in for the kill, and to show off.

If the terrorist have guns and bombs strapped to their bodies, you see how they would have reacted. Kill them? Shoot them and risk the bomb going off?

Like I said already just show me the proof and I'll believe you. Hell, show me any article that remotely points to the fact that they might be using some useless weapons and I'll believe it

zai_si

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cut their salary by 50% is as good as asking them to sell weapons for regulars, corruption for border personal and more tao pek kong on the road asking for $$ to resolve summon ar... No wonder, someone wanted to join back the north if s'porean dont buck up.... hahaha

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real life is not self-regulated. What makes you think we behave any differently in real life and when on the internet?

I think the keyword here is "try". We always complain about not being taken seriously but on our part we do not try to do something about the creditability of the stuff we post. I'm not telling pple to stop flaming PAP, government policies or anyone you so damn well feel like. I'm just saying when we point our finger at something, we should provide some evidence to support our claims.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said already just show me the proof and I'll believe you. Hell, show me any article that remotely points to the fact that they might be using some useless weapons and I'll believe it

These are classifies things lah. Only when you are in the force during that incident, you will know the details.

I remember they have only fire crackers and they use knives for meals. This incident happens way before internet times when information is freely availiable. The pilot is in contact with the authorities all the time, and he is the one who provided the information. He got an award too, if my memory is correct.

jw5

Loyal
No need to reduce salaries.
Just reduce the tea breaks to one per day.
Half of the chiak liao bees will leave.

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the story you told is so true, why dont you sign on or ask your family memebrs to try. hehe

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should said all those working in Govt sectors salary be cut by 50% :biggrin: