• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sign Employ Singaporeans First Petition!

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
314 John Yap:
I will show PAP how hardworking Singaporean are... I am working really hard in reasoning my friends and relatives to vote for the opposition

Hideyoshi Toyotomi

Alfrescian
Loyal

One-two-three-four
Uno-do’-tres-cuatro (Woooo-ooo!)
6 to tha clock, on my way to the top uh,
Pit got it locked from brews to the locker,
All I.P uh, big and packer,
That he’s not, but damn he’s hot,
Label fly but Pit wont stop,
Got her in the car, quit playin’ with his (Como?)
Watch him make a movie like Alba Hitch Hock, ha Enjoy Me

I know you want me (want me)
You know I want cha (want cha)
I know you want me
I know you want me

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got to ask. 15 years ago I attempted this petition when jobs where for Chinese or Mandarin speaking only. Indian and Malay Singaporeans depsite having serived NS were told to go jump in the lake. As a fresh grad I was told under no uncetain terms to fuck off and stop rocking the Chinese boat. Please tell me, a minoirty Indian, what exactly am I fighting for?

Where is the tuna slice hawk when u fucking need this bitch?

Hey Chink, if u do not know what hardship really is don't make your fucking post ok. If u want to slice me.. come say it in my face MOTHERFUCKER.

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Chink, if u do not know what hardship really is don't make your fucking post ok. If u want to slice me.. come say it in my face MOTHERFUCKER.

Getting people's mother involved? You must be desperate. Leave this young lad alone. Take on the OA if you have the balls or do something about it, otherwise continue to whine. :biggrin:

Shin Orochi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Keling! You are here to resume name calling and racist posts? Do you know that you are insulting the three hundred over people who signed the petition? Nevermind cos you can't 'speak' anyway. :biggrin:

Last edited:
W

Wei Yan

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2tMV96xULk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

Haha
It’s Mr. 305 checkin’ in for the remix,
You know that S 75 Street Brazil?
Well this year gon be called Calle Ocho,
Hahahaha
Que ola cata, Que ola omega
And this how we gon do it
Dale,

One-two-three-four
Uno-do’-tres-cuatro
I know you want me
I know you want me
(Hahaha)

One-two-three-four
Uno-do’-tres-cuatro
Rumba (Si)
Ella quiere su Rumba (Como?)
Rumba (Si)
Ella quiere si Rumba (Como?)
Si e’ verdad que tu ere guapa,
Yo te voy a poner gozar
Tu tiene la boca grande
Dale ponte a jugar (Como)

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole country is clutching at straws.
It's time to be realistic and make plans for the future, either as a citizen of a Muslim region or as someone who has moved to a better neighbourhood.

There was a time when people said that Singapore won't make it but we did.
There was a time when troubles seemed too much for us to take it but we did.
We built a nation, strong and free, reaching out together for peace and harmony.

This is my country, this is my flag.
This is my future, this is my life.
This is my family, these are my friends.
We are Singapore, Singaporeans!

The below are not from me, but from ordinary Singaporeans.
PEOPLE, PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!

304 Glenn:
A Singapore for Singaporeans..we have the power to effect change..Together..NO MORE LIES

303 Laura:
We Singaporeans should reclaim our right as first class citizens!

...to be continued!

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
fcc90d48a69c9776

JEAx, FENG JIN
PERSONAL INFO
Nationality: P R China; Singapore PR

Date & Place of Birth: 15/10/1964; Lanzhou, China
Gender Female

EXPERIENCE
Jan. 2002 – Dec. 2005 Bank of China, Singapore Branch
Account Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking Department
 Liaise with arrangers on syndication loans deals;
 Information gathering, assessing and analysing of macro economy, industry, multinational corporates etc.
 Prepare and present of credit proposals;
 Prepare annual review reports for existing portfolios;
 Draft various reports to Head Office;
 Draft, edit and finalise credit manual of the department in Chinese (over 120 pages)
 Translate credit manual of the department into English.

Sep. 1998 - Dec. 2001 The Kwangtung Provincial Bank
Singapore Branch
(KPB merged with Bank of China since
1 Jan.2002)
Senior Officer – China Business Department
 to build and expand customer base;
 to minimise problem loan facilities, increased interest income by 30% within year of 1999;
 to go on business trips whenever necessary;
BLK x03, #x1-159, CHOA CHU KANG STREET, SINGAPORE x80503
PHONE x769 2664 (R), x181 5596; e-mail: [email protected]
 handling perplexing projects which involved in legal procedures;
 to draft reports to Head Office;
 to communicate well with senior managers and junior staffs.
May 1994- Jul 1998 Robert W H Wang & Woo/Raymond Tan & Co
China Project Supervisor cum Administrator
 to oversee the legal procedures related to China Property Projects and to provide useful and helpful information to the customers;
 to translante documents whenever necessary;
 to manage 5 supporting staffs;
 implemented on-the-job training for new staff.

Jan 1989–1992 Gansu Arts & Crafts Import & Export Corp. Lanzhou
International Trade Representative
 Attending international trading fair, travelling overseas and within territary of China to negoticate with clients and suppliers on sales and purchse terms;
 Expanded business to Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, European and Middle East market;
 Worked closely with suppliers to ensure the prompt shipment.

Sep. 1986–Dec. 1988 Gansu Agricultural University, Lanzhou
Assistant Lecturer
 Conducted essential English courses to 1-2nd year students and students from ethnic areas;
 Conducted training courses to secondary school teachers from rural areass.

EDUCATION
1982–1986 Northwest Normal University, Lanzhou, China
B.A., English Language & Literature.
1990–1991 Gansu International Trade Institute, Lanzhou, China
 attended training

Last edited:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.transitioning.org/2010/03/17/update-on-online-petition-employ-singaporeans-first/

Update on Online Petition: “Employ Singaporeans First!”
Posted by admin 17 March, 2010

Dear Readers,

We thanked readers who have supported the petition to “Employ Singaporeans First!”. To date, a total of 315 signatures were collected after the initiation of the online petition on 7 Mar.

We also want to thank Teamsek Review for publicising the petition on their website.

We need to collect 1000 signatures before we forward them to the Prime Minister office.

We want to take this opportunity to assure all our foreigner readers that we are not against foreigners working in Singapore but that we want our government to provide some form of protection for our own local citizens so that we can have a job and take care of our families.

We also urge our employers to employ Singaporeans first despite their slightly higher cost and their age. Sometimes, money making is not everything. We also need a heart.

I have also tabulated some of the readers’ comments from Temasek Review and the petition proper itself. I believe they are representative of many Singaporeans now.

Singapore for Singaporeans!

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Gilbert

_________________________________________________________________________________

Selected Comments On the Online Petition:

I used to earn 5k as a purchasing manager but now, I couldn’t even get a job for less than half of my previous pay. I used to be a PAP supporter but no more. Enough is enough.
Since the government is not going to listen to our woes, the only thing is to vote them out in this coming election. I have seen many foreigners (so called ” Foreign Talents “). They cant’t even speak simple English or performed better than the local Singaporeans.

Posted by: Vincent Lim (Temasek Review)

I understand your situation Vincent Lim. I have a friend who has a Engineering Degree from NTU and he is still jobless for 3 months when he was retrenched from his last job. He went for many interviews but employers are told him off that he cannot expect more than 2K cause they are hiring FRs for 2K. And he is only 27 yrs old.

One employer even told him that he has many graduates from good universites waiting to work for 2K. I wonder what univeristes are those??? Cambridge, oxford or harvard???

Do you know that a cleaner earns around $1,500 in Brunei?? At my workplace, after working for 4 yrs the cleaner quit cause she was getting the same $600 salary.

Do you believe that we have racial quotas in our local Unis???

These FRs are just cheap labour who are willing to work long hours. They are not better than us. If they are, their country will be much safer than our nation. They have no secruity in their own countries which is full of natural calmaties, political unstablity, terrorist attacks. Our nation is free of all these and that is why they come here.

We Singaporeans do such a excellent job in our country’s security that no one can outmatch us, not even the US.

We should all join forces with all Singaporeans or else these FRs will take over the country and destroy our unity as Singaporeans. This country will be split into many zones later, PRCs, Indian Nationals, Pinoys, Malaysians and other expats. I went around Singapore during CNY, and i saw more FRs than Singaporeans at the streets.

Posted by: Air Force King (Temasek Review)

Today at the petrol kiosk, a young and well mannered cashier was on duty. He spoke only mandarin. A middle aged customer was about to make his payment, the cashier politely asked him some questions in mandarin, but the customer replied that he only understand english (he replied this to the cashier in hokkian!). In the past, i would intervene and help to translate, but strangely today, i kept quiet. Though I feel bad, especially for the “kid”, he’s so young and sincere in his job, he was making some laughter to cover the embarrasing moment. Petrol price has again increased, and the cashier’s pay is even lower compared to a Singaporean if the company were to employ one. So where does all the profits go to? Singaporeans are NOT against foreigners. We have co-existed peacefully with foreign workers till the recent decade when the floodgates bust. It’s time for singaporeans to wake up and vote in a decisively large number of oppositions into parliament during this coming GE

Posted by: James Lim (Petition online)

Most foreign workers we see are non skilled, working as cleaners, odd jobs, waiter and waitresses in coffee shops, hawker centres and also in supermarkets and fast food restaurants. Why are they being employed? Because it is cheaper . It is not that our locals doesn’t wish to take up all these jobs. The reason the wages doesn’t even meet with their monthy expenses. The locals have commitments like household utilities, children or old folks to look after, phone bills, TV license, etc. Whereas the foreigners can settle for a few hundred dollars and work for long hours. They have nothing to lose except the hours of work and still be able to send home a couple of hundred dollars. They do not have commitments but just rental of a room and shared with a few fellow workers, Just have a few simple meals and even cycle to work or stay close to the workplace withing walking distance. Raise the wages of our local workers to a sustainable level and they will be too willing to take up those jobs.

Posted by: Terry Chan (Petition online)

I am a PR married to a Singaporean. I support the idea that Singaporeans should always be given a fair chance to obtain a job regardless of age. On the other hand, I do observe that I (and many so-called foreigners) have contributed to the grow of companies that I’ve worked with and in turn these companies are able to employ more people. Of all the companies I’ve worked with, I observe that majority of the employees are Singaporeans and PRs married to Singapore. I am not too sure if the issue about older Singaporeans having difficulty getting job has to do with their jobs being taken away by foreigners or simply because their are being replaced by younger employees who cost less for the companies. I thought it may be good to put up a petition to gain support and create more awareness that Singaporeans of all ages should be given fair chance of employment.

Posted by: Don (Petition online)

Pick the best person for the job, but do not shut the doors on Singaporean candidates just because they cost more. Train the local workers well, give them more responsibilities to live up to their higher salaries and familiarity with our country; and have realistic expectations of them. If they still do not match up to foreign workers, redeploy them or counsel them until all avenues are exhausted. That is all I ask.

Posted by: LL Seow (Petition online)

The unbridled inflood of foreign workers in all these years has not really benefitted Singapore Citizen workers. The direct beneficiaries are the big bosses and ministers due to their pay scheme. What direct benefits do ordinary Singapore Citizens have? But the huge number of foreigners have created problems for Singapore Citizens in terms of higher prices, more expensive and shortages of housing, crowded hospitals, public transports, other public amenities, fewer job opportunities, just to name a few. Seriously, does the government seriously think that competing based on cheap, cheap inferior labour is going to be Singapore’s long term economic strategy? FOR THE RECORD, Singapore Citizens are NOT against foreigners. We welcome rich foreign investors, very smart foreign professionals, very diligent foreign blue collar workers/ hard labourers (who do jobs that Singaporeans shun). What we are against are those mediocre foreigners who are doing jobs that Singapore Citizens themselves can do.

Posted by: Peter L (Petition online)

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
368 Azhar Khamis:
The government keeps denying that the wages are low and blamed it on citizens for being choosy. Either they are blind or they refuse to open their eyes. It's all about cheap labour and nothing else. Some people can be fooled sometimes but not everyone can be fooled all the time.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go join Virgins Craving To Stand! on Facebook!

Kenneth Jeyaretnam : Anyone seriously thinking of standing please do contact The RP so we can meet up and discuss. I'm at [email protected]

Irene Ho : ---We are living in a period whereby a new dawn is coming. Someday, someone will stand up and say it's enough!--- Irene Ho

Don Lim : Some Singaporeans never had a chance to vote. Their GRC had not been contested by any opposition party. The next General Election is coming. If you dislike the fact that you never had a chance to vote, you might consider to stand as a candidate. Contact one of the opposition parties to discuss with this possibility, Yo...u need to pay a deposit to stand for election, but this is refundable subject to you winning an acceptable % of votes.