• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sign Employ Singaporeans First Petition!

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please click and sign the petition if you agree.

Dear Employers

We urge all employers in Singapore to consider employing Singaporeans first before cheaper and younger foreigners.

The recent high influx of foreigner workers in our midst have cause many local workers to be sidelined and unemployed. Some have also took the extreme measure of ending their own lives as they don't see a quick end to the problem.

If you agree with us, do support this petition so that we can rally together and provide hope to our fellow Singaporeans.

Employ Singaporeans First!

Huang Zhong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha

It’s Mr. 305 checkin’ in for the remix,
You know that S 75 Street Brazil?
Well this year gon be called Calle Ocho,
Hahahaha
Que ola cata, Que ola omega
And this how we gon do it
Dale,

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of the better comments:

276 Macross:
Populate the nation with foreigners, populate the parliament with opposition. Open the floodgate for foreigners, open the floodgate for more opposition with your vote.

244 Irene:
It is only right that every employer in any country should demonstrate that they have taken steps to employ their citizens first before permanent residents or foreigners. Especially when 2 out of 3 PR applications get approved and one could get PR within 2 months.

231 Wu:
Most foreign workers we see are non skilled, working as cleaners, odd jobs, waiter and waitresses in coffee shops, hawker centres and also in supermarkets and fast food restaurants. Why are they being employed? Because it is cheaper . It is not that our locals doesn't wish to take up all these jobs. The reason the wages doesn't even meet with their monthy expenses. The locals have commitments like household utilities, children or old folks to look after, phone bills, TV license, etc. Whereas the foreigners can settle for a few hundred dollars and work for long hours. They have nothing to lose except the hours of work and still be able to send home a couple of hundred dollars. They do not have commitments but just rental of a room and shared with a few fellow workers, Just have a few simple meals and even cycle to work or stay close to the workplace withing walking distance. Raise the wages of our local workers to a sustainable level and they will be too willing to take up those jobs.

205 Au Kah Kay:
Offer a pay that is commensurate with the cost and standard of living in Singapore. Many employers offer a salary so low that an ordinary Singaporean is unable to survive on such a salary. Singapore is a First World country. But its wages are far from being First World.

202 Starter:
For this excerise, we need to start from ourselves first. We need to vote against PAP, boycott and show it to the foreigners right to their face that we are not happy wit them. If not, whatever we say or do, it's going to be pointless.

.... to be continued.

F

Fu Xi

One-two-three-four

Uno-do’-tres-cuatro
I know you want me (want me)
You know I want cha (want cha)
I know you want me
I know you want me (want me)
I know you want me
(Hahaha)

Y

Yuan Shao

One-two-three-four

Uno-do’-tres-cuatro
Rumba (Si)
Ella quiere su Rumba (Como?)
Rumba (Si)
Ella quiere si Rumba (Como?)
Si e’ verdad que tu ere guapa,
Yo te voy a poner gozar
Tu tiene la boca grande
Dale ponte a jugar (Como)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Gosh! You are picking on him again. :eek: I cannot imagine you as a PAP minister saying that to your countrymen.

I'm not picking on anyone. All I'm doing is stating an obvious fact. :rolleyes:

I'm an employer and I don't like others telling me who I should and should not employ.

The aim of any business is to maximise profit by outselling the competition. To do this, costs, especially labour overheads need to be kept as low as possible.

If I'm not allowed to hire the best people for the job at the lowest possible price and I'm forced to employ mediocre, unmotivated characters simply to pander to some nationalistic cause, I might as well move my business offshore where overheads are lower.

Apart from cheap foreign labour, Singapore has nothing special to offer a business owner. Without those Pinoys, Banglas and Chinese, most businesses will pack their bags and move to greener pastures.

D

Da Ji

The aim of any business is to maximise profit by outselling the competition. To do this, costs, especially labour overheads need to be kept as low as possible.

If I'm not allowed to hire the best people for the job at the lowest possible price and I'm forced to employ mediocre, unmotivated characters simply to pander to some nationalistic cause, I might as well move my business offshore where overheads are lower.

Apart from cheap foreign labour, Singapore has nothing special to offer a business owner. Without those Pinoys, Banglas and Chinese, most businesses will pack their bags and move to greener pastures.

True, in that case y
ou'll see unwilling to change sinkies leaving by the hordes. :biggrin:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Employers
We urge all employers in Singapore to consider employing Singaporeans first before cheaper and younger foreigners!

Employer job is to make the max amount of money, they are not in business to cut profit and feed sinkies families. even if sinkies jump hdb every day, it is not the job of employer to do social work. Now they have so call quota (weak), but what they really want, is to get rid of each and every single sinkies and replace them with FT, so they make more money.

understand???

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have missed the important point.

White collar workers:

The important thing is you should try to hire locals first (those with the necessary qualifications & experiences) if there isn't then you could hire those with PR & foreigners.

If Singaporeans are not protected from cheaper workers then they are competing on unfair terms. The Govt managed to brainwash a lot of people into believing that it is your fault if you are not cheaper and better than those peasants from 3rd world country.
Let me ask you, which country in this world behaves like that? Take New Zealand for example, the employers must show that they have genuinely searched for suitably qualified and trained New Zealander workers before they can hire any foreigners.

Blue collar workers:

Raise minimum wage.
Singapore has a GDP comparable to Swiss but a purchasing power comparable to Russia. That's why the peasants from third world countries have SUCCEEDED in competing with Singaporeans for jobs on unfair terms. Those jobs that Singaporeans don't want to do, we are happy that peasants help us but not those that we can do.

See these articles:
http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/0...rchasing-power-among-the-asian-tigers-part-1/

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/0...-moving-towards-a-russian-standard-of-living/

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/0...tudy-part-3-paupers-in-a-first-world-economy/

Some of you bombard me with no basis but I don't mind. As long as this thread goes on, more people will know about the petition and I will be happy because I want the numbers on the petition to go up.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Take New Zealand for example, the employers must show that they have genuinely searched for suitably qualified and trained New Zealander workers before they can hire any foreigners.

New Zealand has plenty to offer the rest of the world. It's economy is broad based. It has a competitive advantage in many areas such as tourism, dairy products, wool, wine, meat etc. It is also a net exporter of oil and coal. It can therefore afford to impose restrictions on the hiring of foreigners and still be competitive.

Singapore has nothing to offer the rest of the world except as a cheap location to do business. It cannot afford to dictate terms. Without cheap labour, The manufacturing industry will close shop almost immediately and the services industry will become too expensive to be economically viable in the long term.

You have to realise that Singapore was never supposed to be an independent nation. LKY's vision for the future when he gained power in the early 60s was a merger with Malaysia as he new full well that city nations without a hinterland would not be able to stand the test of time for the reasons I have just pointed out. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned and separation in 1965 sealed Singapore's fate.

In order to make meaningful contributions to this forum, you must be able to see the broader picture. Otherwise, you simply come across as one of those Hyde Park loonies on their soap boxes.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have survived previously without importing so many cheap peasants. I don't see why we can't survive now without them.

Hiring cheap peasants cause our productivity to fall, we are not improving.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to realise that Singapore was never supposed to be an independent nation. LKY's vision for the future when he gained power in the early 60s was a merger with Malaysia as he new full well that city nations without a hinterland would not be able to stand the test of time for the reasons I have just pointed out. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned and separation in 1965 sealed Singapore's fate.

In order to make meaningful contributions to this forum, you must be able to see the broader picture. Otherwise, you simply come across as one of those Hyde Park loonies on their soap boxes.

Don't edit your comment when I am have already respond to your comment.
What you have said is just speculation. Moreover, we are doing very well without Malaysia.

We never ask to expand/increase our GDP/increase our population from 3million to 6.5million at the expense of other Singaporeans. We are already doing very well in the past without the high % of influx of foreigners.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
293 James Lim:
Today at the petrol kiosk, a young and well mannered cashier was on duty. He spoke only mandarin. A middle aged customer was about to make his payment, the cashier politely asked him some questions in mandarin, but the customer replied that he only understand english (he replied this to the cashier in hokkian!). In the past, i would intervene and help to translate, but strangely today, i kept quiet. Though i feel bad, especially for the "kid", he's so young and sincere in his job, he was making some laughter to cover the embarrasing moment. Petrol price has again increased, and the cashier's pay is even lower compared to a Singaporean if the company were to employ one. So where does all the profits go to? Singaporeans are NOT against foreigners. We have co-existed peacefully with foreign workers till the recent decade when the floodgates bust. It's time for Singaporeans to wake up and vote in a decisively large number of oppositions into parliament during this coming GE.

....to be continued.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
We have survived previously without importing so many cheap peasants. I don't see why we can't survive now without them.

Hiring cheap peasants cause our productivity to fall, we are not improving.

Singaporeans used to be cheap. The foundations of Singapore's current wealth were laid in the 70s and early 80s when production operators earned less than $200 a month. Multinationals such as TI, Fairchild, SGS, Philips, Rollei, Sanyo, Panasonic etc rushed to set up plants as cheap labour and zero tax incentives made Singapore the best place in the world to set up a manufacturing base. The subsequent disk drive boom kept things going for another decade.

The fact that Singaporeans could speak good English made things even more attractive. (Sadly this no longer the case)

This competitive advantage was steadily eroded from the mid 80s onwards as salaries went up and other countries caught up and surpassed Singapore in many areas. The fact that Singaporeans became lazy, demanding and unmotivated didn't help matters either. Productivity started dropping even without the arrival of cheap labour. Productivity gains require innovation and creativity and Singaporeans have neither and I'm not just referring to the labour force. The Singapore CEOs were no better.

Fast forward to the 21st century and ask yourself exactly what Singapore has to offer the rest of the world that cannot be provided by some other country.

Take away ALL the foreigners and what do you have left? The answer is about 2.5 million "original" Singaporeans who do not have the skills required to be competitive in ANY arena.

Petitions can be created with a few clicks of a button. Building a competitive economy is a different story altogether.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take away ALL the foreigners and what do you have left? The answer is about 2.5 million "original" Singaporeans who do not have the skills required to be competitive in ANY arena.

You are going out of topic.

190 Peter L:
The unbridled in flood of foreign workers in all these years has not really benefited Singapore Citizen workers. The direct beneficiaries are the big bosses and ministers due to their pay scheme. What direct benefits do ordinary Singapore Citizens have? But the huge number of foreigners have created problems for Singapore Citizens in terms of higher prices, more expensive and shortages of housing, crowded hospitals, public transports, other public amenities, fewer job opportunities, just to name a few. Seriously, does the government seriously think that competing based on cheap, cheap inferior labour is going to be Singapore's long term economic strategy? FOR THE RECORD, Singapore Citizens are NOT against foreigners. We welcome rich foreign investors, very smart foreign professionals, very diligent foreign blue collar workers/ hard labourers (who do jobs that Singaporeans shun). What we are against are those mediocre foreigners who are doing jobs that Singapore Citizens themselves can do.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans used to be cheap. The foundations of Singapore's current wealth were laid in the 70s and early 80s when production operators earned less than $200 a month. Multinationals such as TI, Fairchild, SGS, Philips, Rollei, Sanyo, Panasonic etc rushed to set up plants as cheap labour and zero tax incentives made Singapore the best place in the world to set up a manufacturing base. The subsequent disk drive boom kept things going for another decade.

The fact that Singaporeans could speak good English made things even more attractive. (Sadly this no longer the case)

This competitive advantage was steadily eroded from the mid 80s onwards as salaries went up and other countries caught up and surpassed Singapore in many areas. The fact that Singaporeans became lazy, demanding and unmotivated didn't help matters either. Productivity started dropping even without the arrival of cheap labour. Productivity gains require innovation and creativity and Singaporeans have neither and I'm not just referring to the labour force. The Singapore CEOs were no better.

Fast forward to the 21st century and ask yourself exactly what Singapore has to offer the rest of the world that cannot be provided by some other country.

I am no smart ass. We paid our ministers millions, they should think about what is the competitive adv of Singapore. Entertainment hub? Pharmaceutical hub?

We need to evolve. The competitive adv in the past is not going to be your competitive adv forever. We cannot compete with China for Manufacturing as we don't have billions of cheap peasants.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am no smart ass. We paid our ministers millions, they should think about what is the competitive adv of Singapore. Entertainment hub? Pharmaceutical hub?

We need to evolve. The competitive adv in the past is not going to be your competitive adv forever. We cannot compete with China for Manufacturing as we don't have billions of cheap peasants.

The whole country is clutching at straws. The electorate vote for the PAP every 5 years and then sit back and hope for the best. In the meantime, the top echelons of the PAP offer astronomical salaries with the hope that some bright spark will join their ranks and offer salvation. Both the govt and the electorate are equally responsible for the mess that Singapore is in.

Sadly, the end is inevitable. The influx of foreigners can't go on forever. The laws of physics dictate that there is finite number that can be squeezed into a little Island. The economy has been driven by a rising population for the last 7 years. This will come to an end once the limit is reached.

Since Singapore does not have the talent to go the way of the Nordic countries and since it lacks the natural resources to be able to stand on it's own, it's simply a matter of time before things turn full circle and Singapore is relegated to it's rightful place as an integral part of the Malay Archipelago instead of being a Pariah Nation.

The hope that Singapore will conjure up a dozen Sim Wong Hoos, a quintent of Micheal Dells, a trio of Steve Jobs and a couple Larry Elisons and Larry Paiges if the PAP is persuaded to ditch its unpopular policies is simply wishful thinking to the extreme.

It's time to be realistic and make plans for the future, either as a citizen of a Muslim region or as someone who has moved to a better neighbourhood.