• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Siglap

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
East coast swarming with gragos, all going to St Pats
but this grago was a biggie ,politically that is ...even Yaccob Ibrahim ,was told ,from Telok Kurau studied in tanjong katong technical...a lot of high street Indian businessmen were also staying in katong...there use to be a Sindhu house in mounbatten rd ..they were mainly in textiles and electronics...katong was actually quite multi racial compared to other parts of singapore

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those houses (single storey) just beside st pat sch at east coast rd. Love the sight of such houses...surrounded with coconut trees..moringa tree...etc. Any idea who own tat land? Just curious.
They were big bungalows with servants' quarters. Further up to Bedok were houses for mistresses and second or third wives at the beach. First sea-food restaurant to be converted near army camp. Used to live next to St Pat and went to swim/partied there and caught remis at the beach.
Those were the days!

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They were big bungalows with servants' quarters. Further up to Bedok were houses for mistresses and second or third wives at the beach. First sea-food restaurant to be converted near army camp. Used to live next to St Pat and went to swim/partied there and caught remis at the beach.
Those were the days!
It was the 小红楼,a lady owner.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
President Wee stay on other side of Siglap Road in Frankel Estate; not Opera Estate.
Yeah, Baimi, you got your bearings all wrong. LOL
Wee stayed near Frankel Avenue in house near Different Taste and a Peranakan restaurants. Very familiar with the residents there.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes Nathan lah! Opposite Quentin's Restaurant in Eurasian association. Rumour he now own several terrace houses there ..
Bastard prata man had a guardhouse built outside the Cb house. Whenever he’s home they’ll shine the fucking spotlights to lit up the whole street. I think his neighbours all spit saliva at the big hooha every evening

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those were the days!

Ya...owner must be very rich. He could have just sell away to FE. I know FE is aiming for tat plot of land. Wide and good frontage. Love the atmostphere. Like kampong. Rather than usual tall pigeon hole building.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whenever passes by East Coast area, do bring back fond memories. I love to watch those old Malay movies, especially P Ramlee movie. Certain movie they depict Sinkie old road and building. This villa, once owned by Shaw Bros. Now it houses a preschool. Tis villa, 440A Upp East Coast Rd was used for shooting Malay film during the 60s

1591792115323.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whenever passes by East Coast area, do bring back fond memories. I love to watch those old Malay movies, especially P Ramlee movie. Certain movie they depict Sinkie old road and building. This villa, once owned by Shaw Bros. Now it houses a preschool. Tis villa, 440A Upp East Coast Rd was used for shooting Malay film during the 60s

View attachment 81609
there are bigger lots in the changi area. indon tycoon and his daughter own more than an acre lots side by side. get to visit my friend who’s a scion of a seafood restaurant chain’s owner. his mom lives there. he is married to angmoh lady in bay area and returns once or twice a year. any lot in sg with an acre or more means good location and great property.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 81609
now that you mention Shaw movies ...can recall Maria Menado kah? ..she lived somewhere in Siglap, I think ,Pahang Sultan mistress ?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Third President of SG Devan Nair stayed at Ceylon Road.

confirm not Nair, was Prata Man at Ceylon road.

Then it was someone else staying along Joo Chiat Place, junction of Chiku road... my memory is bad now...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are bigger lots in the changi area. indon tycoon and his daughter own more than an acre lots side by side. get to visit my friend who’s a scion of a seafood restaurant chain’s owner. his mom lives there. he is married to angmoh lady in bay area and returns once or twice a year. any lot in sg with an acre or more means good location and great property.

I used to stay at Jalan Haji Salam during the late 60s. I was a kid then. All kampong houses like below. Now completely change.Even the road sign.:frown:

1591795876546.png

1591795682168.png

Last edited: