• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Siglap

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The four HDB blocks in Siglap are going to be demolish. Joo Chiat is going to become Singapore’s only all-private-property constituency/ward.

I sometimes makan at the yong tau foo stall across the road from the Siglap flats.

The Indian uncle in the video speaks good Hokkien.
The Yomg Tau Foo no more but the Empty flats are Still there me thinks.
the YTF version hard to find here..... with bean paste gravy

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not very far from Siglap, Lorong G & Lorong H, Telok Kurau and Thiam Siew Ave off Tanjong Katong were very popular red-light lorongs in the 60's.

LKY went to primary school at Lorong J, Telok Kurau.

The current Parkway Hospital at Joo Chiat Place was the Paglar clinic owned and operated by a very prominent gynecologist Dr Paglar.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not very far from Siglap, Lorong G & Lorong H, Telok Kurau and Thiam Siew Ave off Tanjong Katong were very popular red-light lorongs in the 60's.

LKY went to primary school at Lorong J, Telok Kurau.

The current Parkway Hospital at Joo Chiat Place was the Paglar clinic owned and operated by a very prominent gynecologist Dr Paglar.
lorong G red light area mostly catered to the British, I beleive...than the lorong K almost entirely melayu ,even a mosque there ...ever heard of sandy lane in tanjong katong ? also red light area

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
10387567_793900687344712_7405318357094356345_n.jpg

IMG_54281-e1407656866163.jpg

Is this here the mee rebus used to be the bestest pom pee pee wan ? :P

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
lorong G red light area mostly catered to the British, I beleive...than the lorong K almost entirely melayu ,even a mosque there ...ever heard of sandy lane in tanjong katong ? also red light area
Yeah, sinpopo bar in Tanjong Katong. LOL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Forgotten East Coast history ......the houses at scene of air crash are still standing today

The Straits Times headline of Aug 11, 1951 reads:

http://2ndshot.blogspot.com/2010/02/2nd-shot-air-crash-at-upper-east-coast.html
I don't think that is accurate. Its a
Forgotten East Coast history ......the houses at scene of air crash are still standing today

The Straits Times headline of Aug 11, 1951 reads:

http://2ndshot.blogspot.com/2010/02/2nd-shot-air-crash-at-upper-east-coast.html
I don't think that is accurate. Its a fast plane, no doubt. But some reconnaissance Spitfire PR XIX flying out of Taiwan doing recce over China around that time were faster then the Hornet.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, sinpopo bar in Tanjong Katong. LOL
was that just behind Dunman school ?..a stretch of 4 bars ?...but that's is the 70s ,right ?...but sandy lane much before, me think ..
the bar action were in Still Road ,if I am not mistaken ..opposite to the old library stretching right up to Geylang..even in the mist of residences in katong there use to be pockets of prostitutes houses ...not the quickie typos ...these prostitutes takes clients more on permanent basis ,like stay with them kind of thingy...but those were days such prostitution were given some sort of respectability

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Tribute to Susan Lim:

[video=youtube;2ZV_4YPyV0Q]

Susan's departure from this world was sudden and untimely.

Listening to her songs brings back lots of fond memories.

Thank you Susan for the lovely memories and your spirit lives on and on.

I think Teresa Khoo was a bigger draw in those days. She is one of the Khoo entertainment family, and sister of Victor Khoo. Her band, the Blue Belles came in 3rd in 1960 Battle of the Bands contest. They were a popular club act.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
was that just behind Dunman school ?..a stretch of 4 bars ?...but that's is the 70s ,right ?...but sandy lane much before, me think ..
the bar action were in Still Road ,if I am not mistaken ..opposite to the old library stretching right up to Geylang..even in the mist of residences in katong there use to be pockets of prostitutes houses ...not the quickie typos ...these prostitutes takes clients more on permanent basis ,like stay with them kind of thingy...but those were days such prostitution were given some sort of respectability
If I recall, Sinpopo bar was right on Tanjong Katong road and on the same side of the street as Tanjong Katong Technical School. Not too far from that school

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I recall, Sinpopo bar was right on Tanjong Katong road and on the same side of the street as Tanjong Katong Technical School. Not too far from that school
yup, exactly ..just along it ,there is small lane leading to Dunman school behind the bar ...along the road tanjong katong technical and tanjong katong girl side by side but it also shared the same field with haig boys primary and haig girl primary...there were number of schools in that area ...including chung cheng chinese high school..the hub of communism

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sweden Bar got burnt 1-2 times... Anyone's favorite ?

Here, I gotta be last man standing when bill called; and my frens will be gg toilet,
outside smoke, make calls, excuses etc......while I handle the tips...hahahahaha

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think that is accurate. Its a

I don't think that is accurate. Its a fast plane, no doubt. But some reconnaissance Spitfire PR XIX flying out of Taiwan doing recce over China around that time were faster then the Hornet.

Don't understand your point about article being not accurate....are you disputing the the type of aircraft that crashed or something else? Article has nothing to do with speed of aircraft but the gist of story is a plane crashed in Upper East Coast Road

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sandy Lane - Me nephew rmb Church of our lady Queen of peace.

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't understand your point about article being not accurate....are you disputing the the type of aircraft that crashed or something else? Article has nothing to do with speed of aircraft but the gist of story is a plane crashed in Upper East Coast Road

Me nephew said it was a twin engine RAF Hornd jet.

It was East Coast Rd.,
not Upper E.C.Rd.