• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should Singapore have mandatory new citizen tests?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why so many countries use such testing methods is because they want their new migrants to assimilate into their countries.

Look at li jiawei for example. So many years in singapore but yet she always only speak in chinese and never english.

WTF are u talking about. My Aunt speaks only cantonese(an maybe a bit of broken Hokkien). Does that make her an FT?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's national language is Malay!!

A nation is built by its people and not by immigrants who use Singapore as a transit point.

Before punishing the "quitters", it would be better for the PAP govt to know why Singaporeans emigrate by thousands every year to other countries. Ideals like nation building, loyalty, patriotism, etc seem to be missing in the thinking of PAP's minority elite who are themselves showing symptoms of "quitters" in the not too distant future.

In countries like SG and to a lesser extend, Australia and US, many of its Immigrants ARE their pple or eventually become their pple. However I totally agree, its not built by pple who use it as a transit point, which is why I said, the employers should not be giving that 14% meant for CPF contribution to these group of pple. Instead they should be giving it back to the citizens.

And Punishing the quitters? Its a simple choice, under my scheme. If U are no longer a citizen of the country, then you do not have any rights to the benefits. If U want to quit, U forgo your CPF. Thats a condition, not a punishment. U already know full well its going to happen. U can choose to stay or to leave. If this country is not worth staying, by all means, go. I will be more then happy to get a share of your money. The country is not obligated to extend its welfare to U if U call it quits. If you are so anti-FT, you should be more then happy to support this coz its very pro-citizens

U want PAP to know you're unhappy, vote them out. I don't give a damn