• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should I wait for Samsung Note III in Oct or should I get Note II NOW?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am in a dilemma, I like to migrate from Apple to Samsung Galaxy and I like the current Note because good for a old fella's eyes like mine. Should I wait for III rumored to be available in October?

IF u want and can afford just buy If you wait forever will be waiting. If Note 3 then you will wait for note 4 and so on.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
FixYa: Apple's phones 3 times more reliable than Samsung's

By Philip Elmer-DeWitt February 23, 2013: 6:26 AM ET

Also, 5 times more reliable than Nokia's and 27 times more reliable than Motorola's

Click to enlarge.

FORTUNE -- FixYa, which bills itself as the leading product Q&A destination on the Web and mobile, published a head-to-head comparison Friday of the reliability of four leading smartphone manufacturers: Apple (AAPL), Samsung, Nokia (NOK) and Motorola (GOOG).

The site looked at 722,558 troubleshooting requests, sorted them by manufacturer, calculated the ratio of market share to problem requests, and assigned each vendor a score.

The results are shown in the chart above (the higher score the better). According to FixYa, iPhones are nearly three times more reliable than Samsung's smartphones, five times more than Nokia's and 27 times more than Motorola's.

FixYa also supplied a list of the top five issues for each manufacturer (see below the fold). The biggest complaint about the iPhone, not surprisingly, was its battery life.

Top 5 Apple Issues:
1. Battery Life – 35%
2. Lack of New Features – 20%
3. No Customizability – 15%
4. Can't Connect Wifi– 15%
5. Other – 15%

Top Samsung Issues:
1. Microphone Issues – 40%
2. Speaker Issues – 20%
3. Battery Life – 15%
4. Device Gets Hot – 15%
5. Other – 10%

Top 5 Nokia Issues:
1. Laggy Response Time – 35%
2. Poor App Ecosystem – 20%
3. Battery Life – 20%
4. Device Gets Hot – 15%
5. Other – 10%

Top 5 Motorola Issues:
1. Preinstalled Apps – 30%
2. Touchscreen Issues – 25%
3. Speaker Quality– 20%
4. Camera Quality – 15%
5. Other –10%

Posted in: Apple, Battery life, FixYa, Google, Motorola, Nokia, Reliability, Samsung

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in a dilemma, I like to migrate from Apple to Samsung Galaxy and I like the current Note because good for a old fella's eyes like mine. Should I wait for III rumored to be available in October?

Wait for Galaxy S4 to launch and then you go for Galaxy Note 2 !!! The price will drop further !

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note I & II has been lots of software lagging problems since day 1, plus its too big for typing. At first i thought bigger is easier to type but need 2 hands. Esp when u're driving & need 1 hand texting etc. But if reading is the only concern then note is good.

When you're driving,

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TEXTING!!

I hope the TP will get you the next time and you then know how you can kiss your Note goodbye and see what next coming to you!

Shows the huge number of twits in this forum!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Driving can consider using voice to txt...work on sms n watapps...

[video=youtube;d6nyGezXkm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d6nyGezXkm4[/video]

wayanggedek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Driving can consider using voice to txt...work on sms n watapps...

[video=youtube;d6nyGezXkm4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d6nyGezXkm4[/video]

Thank you Microsoft, this is pretty impressive technology here. I am pretty convinced I'm going to use this. I noticed that inside the video the phone have selection of different spoken English including American, Australian and surprisingly Indian English but more surprising is there is no Singapore English. Anyway small matter.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me hijack this thread & ask people if they prefer a 7" or 10" form factor:confused:

The 10" size is already lighter & more portable than a laptop. Will going down to an 8" form factor make a difference?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only cocks want to lug around a huge phone.

Even 5 inches is an overkill. If you can't see clearly things on a HD 5-inch screen, you don't need a bigger screen... you need an eye doctor. Maybe it's the onset of cataracts.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When you're driving,
:
YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TEXTING!!

I hope the TP will get you the next time and you then know how you can kiss your Note goodbye and see what next coming to you!

Shows the huge number of twits in this forum!
Some people choose not to follow rules ..nothing wrong with that.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
480x400_don-t-text-and-drive.jpg

:biggrin: