• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should guys change their mindset?

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
My group of close knitted friends (gals, mostly in their mid 30’s), are not married..

I used to ask why don’t they get a boyfriend, and they’ll just look away, some blush, some looked irritated, and later my girlfriend will scold me for putting them on a spot!! I mean WTF I was just concerned for these chicks right?

Actually I realized (after experimenting) it’s not true that gals expect the world (tall, rich n handsome) boyfriends…in fact it’s the opposite!!

To do my little experiment I would ask my guy friends (I will always point to a little plump or plain girls who happen to walk pass) if they will date them, and almost all will say no!! When I repeat the same “experiment” to my gal friends, most will say yes they are willing to try, if the guys approach them!!

I think the problem lies with guys’ expectation, and a lesser extent on gals. I think it’s time we guys change our mindset, a paradigm shift, if you will.

What do you guys think? Any singles out there?

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to add that those guy friends I asked were all earning average incomes, most in their late thirties to mid forties, not married.

Those gals I asked were in mid 30s, some doing quite well, in terms of looks average (while the guys mostly already had tummies, some balding) :biggrin:

All are singles.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I realized (after experimenting) it’s not true that gals expect the world (tall, rich n handsome) boyfriends…in fact it’s the opposite!!

It's ok if girls be single lest they be hurt . Not many tall, handsum and rich out there .

Anthing lesser you are in for hurt . Too many uncough males out there who still take public transport .

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the problem lies with guys’ expectation, and a lesser extent on gals. I think it’s time we guys change our mindset, a paradigm shift, if you will.

It's free choice

Smart men don't date women left on the shelves because
1) They are left on the shelf for a reason (ugly, smelly cheebye or had too much fun when young)
2) Why date a 30+ when you can date a 20+? So many locals and FT to choose from.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To do my little experiment I would ask my guy friends (I will always point to a little plump or plain girls who happen to walk pass) if they will date them, and almost all will say no!! When I repeat the same “experiment” to my gal friends, most will say yes they are willing to try, if the guys approach them!!
guys said no, tis is reality answer.

most your gal frenz say yes and you believe them?:rolleyes:

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
chinkandoo,
i think u should conduct your questionaire in a more qualitative manner to justify what you're talking.

u go ask your unattached/unmarried girl friends:
phase 1
  1. would u be interested in a man who goes dutch on the bills for all dates with you?
  2. would u be interested to date the man again, knowing u'd go dutch for all future dates?
  3. would u be interested to date a man who'd take u to hawker centers on most dates?
  4. would u be ineterested to date a man who'd almost never take u to some posh venue on dates?

phase 2
  1. would u have a romantic relationship with a man who goes dutch most/all the time?
  2. would u have a romantic relationship with a man who doesnt take u to some posh venue for dates?
  3. would u have a romantic relationship with a man who commutes by bus/train on dates?
  4. would u have a romantic relationship with a man who doesn't own a car?
  5. would u have a romantic relationship with a man who is pragmatic?

phase 3:
  1. would u marry a simple man with pragmatic perspectives?
  2. would u marry an extravagant man with expensive tastes?
  3. would u marry a man poor financial management?
  4. would u marry a man with strict financial discipline?

phase 4:
  1. is bringing u on an expensive date being romantic?
  2. is showering u with expensive gifts being sweet?
  3. is fetching & sending u from place to place being committed?
  4. is sending u exotic flowers on special dats being romantic/ dedicated?
  5. is not doing any of the above being unromantic?

phase 5:
when co-owning a HDB with your spouse, how much of the burden are u willing to share? (provide reasons)
  1. 10-30%
  2. 31-40%
  3. 41-50%
  4. 51-60%
  5. 61-90%

phase 6:
  1. after marriage, when u start having kids...
  2. u r willing to forgo your career to undertake domestic roles & responsibilities?
  3. u r prefer him to forgo his career to undertake domestic roles & responsibilities?
  4. u want to hire a domestic helper to undertake domestic roles & responsibilities?

last but not the least....
  1. how long would u endure & last to fulfill your decisions?
  2. is divorce the "reset" button to undo your choices made?

u will know what sinkie woman is really all about. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Girls who are usually left on the shelf for some reason. One of the many reasons is that they are quite self centred, hot tempered. They may have a kind heart but being self centred is the bug bear to a relationship sometimes.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guys friend who are still single has beer belly stomach and they are balding badly. Which woman will like them ? Somemore some of my guy friends still have unrealistic expectation of a marriage life.

gerard126333

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and men will always go for younger ! Young and tender . Not so negative in life .

"Old Cow Vs Tender Grass" tells the story of Moo (played by Henry Thia),
a taxi-driver in his late 40s, and how his routine life changes when he gets acquainted with an attractive but eccentric lady, Moon (played by Crystal Lin). Meanwhile, Jack Lim plays a rugged taxi-driver who falls for a lady from China (played by Siau Jiahui). The movie attempts to explore the seemingly improbable romantic relationships in today's society, through a simple yet hilarious storyline.

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forgot to add that those guy friends I asked were all earning average incomes, most in their late thirties to mid forties, not married.

Those gals I asked were in mid 30s, some doing quite well, in terms of looks average (while the guys mostly already had tummies, some balding) :biggrin:

All are singles.

Its a macho thing. Guys will never admit to being attracted to what would superficially be a plain girl.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, let's do a very simple experiment! Could u bring yourself to date the person below and if things goes well (that's a big "IF"), marry her and spend the rest of your life with her?

Ho-Ching.jpg

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women when not attached for some time will lower their expectation. However, if they managed to hook up with someone, they will be nice for a while.

Once the relationship get serious, that is when they will show their true colour and wanting the men to change this and that. It is either the men endure through the relationship to get pissed off and break up with them.

If the latter, the women will lower their expectation again just to get hooked up.

My group of close knitted friends (gals, mostly in their mid 30’s), are not married..

I used to ask why don’t they get a boyfriend, and they’ll just look away, some blush, some looked irritated, and later my girlfriend will scold me for putting them on a spot!! I mean WTF I was just concerned for these chicks right?

What do you guys think? Any singles out there?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkie guys: straight to the point, no nonsense, no drama, lack of bullshit, a little too rough on the edges.

sinkie gals: round and round about, full of nonsense, full of drama, full of bullshit, a little too subtle for an honest relationship.

when you handle sinkies, just believe the opposite of what they say.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
another simple way to determine what kind of sinkie women we have out there

would u go to bed with the guy who showers u with lots of gifts?
would u go to bed with the guy who showers u with lots of expensive gifts?
would u go to bed with the guy who showers u with inexpensive gifts?

what would u give in return for lots of gifts?
what would u give in return for lots of expensive gifts?
what would u give in return for inexpensive gifts?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imho, women shd change their mindset instead of guys.
juz like they like to say foreigner are more romatic and gentleman.

but dey nvr know dey are not antiques, the older the better.

20-30 yrs old, u juz like american football, every 1 is snatching, grabbing, fighting for you
30-40 yrs old, u juz like table tennis, every 1 is hitting the ball to each other, claming "i dun wan", " i also dun wan"
40 and abv yrs old, u juz like golf ball, 1 stroke hoping to send u as far as i can.

as for guys who still tink of meeting angel or fairy, well, dey can keep their dreams. no1 is stopping them.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
imho, women shd change their mindset instead of guys.
juz like they like to say foreigner are more romatic and gentleman.

but dey nvr know dey are not antiques, the older the better.

20-30 yrs old, u juz like american football, every 1 is snatching, grabbing, fighting for you
30-40 yrs old, u juz like table tennis, every 1 is hitting the ball to each other, claming "i dun wan", " i also dun wan"
40 and abv yrs old, u juz like golf ball, 1 stroke hoping to send u as far as i can.

as for guys who still tink of meeting angel or fairy, well, dey can keep their dreams. no1 is stopping them.

I can tell you one thing... judging from global trends..

Sinkie women will eventually be the loneliest women on earth
Why?

A lot of PRC Chinese woman can speak English now, without that Singlish Slang

No doubt Ang Mo will toy with a Sinkie lady and marry a PRC one..

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No doubt Ang Mo will toy with a Sinkie lady ..
sinkie ladies throw themselves willingly to the ang mo,
wat more can the ang mo ask?
furthermore, sinkie seems to tee ang mo up to the sky and bring us down.

we all know this ang mo could be one streetboy in his home but dwn here,
he is king.

wat to do