• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

share the good lobangs here

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why nobody mentions Meatballs at Ikea?

that's IKEA"s trademark. but after some corruption findings about the suppliers, their balls seem to have dropped out of the favorite. anyway, u eat one ball, u ve eaten all balls. one is nice. the next one would be quite nauseating. and they serve u half a dozen in one go.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
was at vivocity SWENSON'S.

salad bar buffet 11.90. order one main course and the salad bar is free. try the FISH & CHIP which is only about $18 and u could help yoursefl to the salad bar FOC.

another is a chinese hotpot restaurant BEI SAN CHUAN next to daiso. their buffet steamboat is quite cheap. there are many dishes on their buffet table and u could ve 2 kinds of soup base. the buffet comes with free desserts. the only bad thing is : u gotta to pay for drink - even if u ask for plain tap water.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lobangs is here for you guys!

386153_243876235673598_165771696817386_681010_909098575_n.jpg

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come & celebrate a meaningful Christmas in Hougang SMC! World Vision Singapore will be joining us in the celebrations :smile:

387166_324337624249520_225942114089072_1509103_1161233213_n.jpg

Last edited:

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's that many here are unemployed and very bo liao to spend their time. this thread is meant to share all the good lobangs or inexpensive hide-aways where u can spend the whole day without spending much money.

to begin, IKEA is suprising a good find. foamy kopi there is only 50c. if u add another 50c, u get a cinnamomum roll to go with your free-flow kopi. yes. FREE FLOW. unlimited cups u can drink while idling there whole day with your laptop or read a nice book or oogle at mei meis or ge ges :smile:

if u dun like kopi, u can ask for tea. only 1 tea bag per cup and hotwater refill FOC. so this what u can do: get the tea first. then switch to freshly brewed foamy kopi and keep it free flowing for as many as u like.

now offering pasta with an individual plate of about 6 meatballs for only $6.70.

Hi Old Homo fuck Bob Sim Kheng Hwee

The best lobangs to share will be your ass and mouth

:smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bei San Chuan cannot make it la.

steamboat is a simple fare. what that matters is the soup base. of course the condirments have to be fresh too. but being fresh also means being costly. for the price paid at BSC about $12.80 for lunch, it's quite reasonable. by the way, senior citizens get a discount.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's heartening to know that HOUGANG under newly elected WP is providing residents there with some cheap family entertainment. hope the paps would cause any trouble to them.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday was invited to a western buffet in a nice cosy restaurant in the west. wow! they provided live band too. very nice mix of foods with a beef-wagon thrown in. the event ended with a lucky draw. it was a courtesy call and too bad didn't stay till the end.

free drinks, wine and their special house brew. very happening!!

everything was FREE! can u believe that? :smile:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
When my office used to be at Beach Road, I always lunched at Metropole Hotel Barns Table restaurant. Sirloin steak, soup de jour, cake dessert and coffee set lunch for just $7. I haven't been there for many years. If it's still there serving the same set at the same standard, I think $10 would still be a reasonable price to consider a lobang price adjusting for inflation.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
economical laksa liang tofu

to begin with, there's 2 located in chinatown hawker centre. it's laksa liang tofu - 5 pcs with rice/egg noodle, either the fine or rough beehoon and everything goes for only $2. u ve to be there b4 11am which usually sold out by then. prepare to queue up.

another very value for money laksa liang tofu is located at SEAH IM HAWKER CENTRE opp harborfront (the previous world trade centre). the serving is very generous and quite a fulfilling meal. i like the fried ngoh hiang or pork springroll which is freshly fried and added into the liang tofu combination.

very popular and sells out very fast. alternatively, u could order their liang tofu. all their condiments come in big pieces not tiny ones which most stalls sell.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
When my office used to be at Beach Road, I always lunched at Metropole Hotel Barns Table restaurant. Sirloin steak, soup de jour, cake dessert and coffee set lunch for just $7. I haven't been there for many years. If it's still there serving the same set at the same standard, I think $10 would still be a reasonable price to consider a lobang price adjusting for inflation.

speaking about nice steak at economical price, i would recommend MAIS MAISON at bugis junction. this nifty cottage-styled japanese restaurant is located near to the foodcourt.

the steak set is only offered during lunch, mon to fri. cost: $12.90 ++ it's a 4 course meal starting with a soup, then salad, main course of your choice of which sirloin steak is one of them and ends with either brewed coffee or tea.

unlike JACK'S which serves steak that is as tough as leather, MM's one surprisingly is very tender and juicy. do remember to order at the same time their fresh cream tart which goes for 1/2 price if u order their set menu. the special price i think was $4.80. the cream is heavenly fresh and topped with different kinds of fresh fruits. there are a number of choices.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know i shouldn't be recommending this but i think it would be good to share to many of you who could be unemployed and supporting a big brood family.

just had a seafood meal with wifey at ah yat's at turf city. it's a very pleasant place there recommended by my dimsuming li'l brother leetahsar. very nice natural ambience and best - FREE PARKING. if u r eating at ah yat's, even better still - sheltered free parking.

turf city would probably be demolished end of this dec and one such good find might be gone for good :(

after makan which was quite surprisingly value for money especially when they are offering now canadian crab at a nett price of $39 only among other half-priced seafood for lunch, we shopped at GIANT and here's what i ve just learned from the wifey.

at a location where they weighed your veggies or fruits, there were stacks of packed fruits, veggies etc. wifey wheeled her cart there to rummage whatever "discounts" she could lay hands on. here what's she got:

DOLE pineapples!! she said it was like $4 but now going for $1.20 each. she mentioned that the exterior skin wasn't as presentable as when it was originally priced but now at $1.20, it was a giveaway. that is, if only one knows how to choose a almost "original" condition one. once, there were turkey promengranate which sold for 90c for 3 in a bag. the rind was absolutely in a very distasteful condition but hell!! when u opened up the fruit, it was ok. the original price of such exotic pomengranate was like about $3 ea. at 3 for 90c, it was certainly a giveaway!!

so there you are. when u r shopping at GIANT, go look for the place where they chuck all the past "sell-by" date produce. u shall be surprised about what you could find that only cost u a fraction of the original price. of course, u ve to be observant and skilled enough to know whether they are still fit to be consumed. if unsure, i would suggest u pass lest money is wasted.

Last edited: