• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

shall i report her to the Police?

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your next kind act to lend someone some money.....

See the source image

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you do report to the police you become a traitor and bad friend. Please refrain.
An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth
Loan money dont return can?
I can only say since her fren is a gambling addict, she shd not loan at all.
:biggrin:
Call the police maybe maybe can help her fren end her gambling habit

Win101

Alfrescian
Loyal
An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth
Loan money dont return can?
I can only say since her fren is a gambling addict, she shd not loan at all.
:biggrin:
Call the police maybe maybe can help her fren end her gambling habit

Thanks. The others answered off course.
My question is whether to report on her illegal online gambling.

KaiJXJX

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can always try to report her but what sort of evidence do you have. You have loaned her money willingly, now she is ignoring you and you are reporting her for supposed online gambling due to hearsay. Anybody who sees this report first impression would think that you are trying to get back at her for not returning you your money. Anyway likely your money wont come back even if you file a report against her. If the amount is really big, maybe consulting a lawyer and filing a civil suit to get back your money might be a better option.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. The others answered off course.
My question is whether to report on her illegal online gambling.
When you loan a friend $$, please be mentally prepared to write it off. I've had my fair share of such loans to friends and I've had to write them off. Whether or not you report her for online gambling is for you alone to decide. Then again, do you evidence or is it your own conclusion?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I loaned a close friend a big sum of money because the loan sharks and bookies were chasing her. It was based on trust because we had been friends for more than 12 years. I never asked her to return because she was only working part-time and had a young daughter to support. Recently, due to Covid, I lost my job, retrenched. I heard she already had a full time job and is getting about $2,500. I asked her if she could return me the loan in installment of $100 monthly. I got a big shock because she denied having owed me any money. Naturally, she had blocked my calls and I could not understand how someone can be so mean, nasty and cruel.
I heard from another friend that she is still gambling Online. I intended to report her gambling activities to the Police as Online gambling is illegal.
Shall I?

Friends don't lend money to friends. Or borrow money from friends.

Same goes for family members.

All loans must be done on a business/legal platform.

By the way, being friends for more than 12 years means nothing. There are cases of betrayals after decades of friendship. Some people won't realize this until they're much older. They have to learn the hard way.

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel for u. I once helped this CB Kia some years back. 20K. Then this CB Kia only paid me 10K before he up lorry. Before that he blocked me on Facebook, WhatsApp. And this CB Kia was my neighborhood friend. Help yourself first before helping others. Nowadays I wary of helping friends. Small amount ok but more than 1K, I say no to them.

you more capable than me....the small amount I can afford to help is 100-dollar :roflmao:

Win101

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can always try to report her but what sort of evidence do you have. You have loaned her money willingly, now she is ignoring you and you are reporting her for supposed online gambling due to hearsay. Anybody who sees this report first impression would think that you are trying to get back at her for not returning you your money. Anyway likely your money wont come back even if you file a report against her. If the amount is really big, maybe consulting a lawyer and filing a civil suit to get back your money might be a better option.

Frankly, she was very ungrateful. Which leads me to such desperate measures.
She already denied owing me, hence very obvious, from the very onstart, she will not return. This, I have to "see broken" and let it go.
If you all see me as taking revenge - YES indeed. I will go to Court to testify that she is a gambling addict and owing other friends and loan sharks too.
It is not hear say but reliable and concrete feedback. I am sure the Gambling Suppression Branch can seize her Laptop and find evidence on all the betting transactions including from bank statements.
Anyway, Thanks to all who had written in goodwill.
For the two SOBs, who taunted me - I hit you back. So, don't test me & don't blame me.

KaiJXJX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, she was very ungrateful. Which leads me to such desperate measures.
She already denied owing me, hence very obvious, from the very onstart, she will not return. This, I have to "see broken" and let it go.
If you all see me as taking revenge - YES indeed. I will go to Court to testify that she is a gambling addict and owing other friends and loan sharks too.
It is not hear say but reliable and concrete feedback. I am sure the Gambling Suppression Branch can seize her Laptop and find evidence on all the betting transactions including from bank statements.
Anyway, Thanks to all who had written in goodwill.
For the two SOBs, who taunted me - I hit you back. So, don't test me & don't blame me.
If you feel that you have sufficient evidence then I would say nobody can stop you from filing a report. Maybe I misunderstood about hearsay part then as I saw from your 1st post that you heard from your friend she is still doing online gambling. You might want to take a look online at the remote gambling act as well before you decide to file a report. But from what I see, the gambling and money loaned are 2 separate issues that must be dealt with separately. If you lump your same emotions into both issues, then you will only confuse yourself in the end not knowing what is the end point you want to achieve.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you do report to the police you become a traitor and bad friend. Please refrain.

By the way what is “big sum” to you?

I think u must be out of your mind to suggest that he is a traitor and bad friend when he was screwed over by his friend in the first place.

To not even offer to pay back a small monthly sum monthly and outright deny the debt is just despicable.

Win101

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think u must be out of your mind to suggest that he is a traitor and bad friend when he was screwed over by his friend in the first place.

To not even offer to pay back a small monthly sum monthly and outright deny the debt is just despicable.

Despicable and Shameless bitch.
Very ungrateful.
Especially denying she borrowed.

The money cannot be recovered. I am making her payback by sending her to jail for illegal online gambling.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle haven't experienced this yet KNN once my uncle bought a brand new electronic gadget from a bitch and immediately spoilt and the bitch accused him of using a used set to leemand exchange and can even say my uncle forged the serial lumber :o-o: KNN my uncle rather her to just say lei choi ah than giving all these accusations KNN my uncle have thought of leeporting polis too but later did not as the effort not worth KNN so my uncle just scolded her lu got chow jibye KNN so my uncle know there are unethical people out there and mostly are bitches KNN

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Despicable and Shameless bitch.
Very ungrateful.
Especially denying she borrowed.

The money cannot be recovered. I am making her payback by sending her to jail for illegal online gambling.

Be careful. Sometimes you push people too far they will hurt you even more especially when they have nothing left.

Since this person was once your friend and you lent money (you should know you dont expect it back) then let it be.

Just part ways. Never talk to them again. You have done your part to help. It is over. Your conscience is clear.

Turning to revenge only makes things worse.

Honestly you will not feel good doing harm to the person. You also dont get back your money. You also might invite revenge on you from that person and cause more trouble for yourself. It will be counter productive.

Let go.

OrNeeKu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be careful. Sometimes you push people too far they will hurt you even more especially when they have nothing left.

Since this person was once your friend and you lent money (you should know you dont expect it back) then let it be.

Just part ways. Never talk to them again. You have done your part to help. It is over. Your conscience is clear.

Turning to revenge only makes things worse.

Honestly you will not feel good doing harm to the person. You also dont get back your money. You also might invite revenge on you from that person and cause more trouble for yourself. It will be counter productive.

Let go.

Wise words indeed.
Channel your energy to better use. Money can always make back.
Let it go young man. 南无阿弥陀佛