• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Vivian Balakrishnan, foreign minister of Singapore, apologized to Wang Yi, for "not wearing tie" while formally welcoming him to Singapore.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Eivor Vågslid

@Eivor_Koy

An act of respect and politeness shown by the Chinese foreign minister during his trip to Singapore has been widely shared on Chinese social media. Vivian Balakrishnan, foreign minister of Singapore, apologized to Wang for "not wearing tie" while formally welcoming him to Singapore. Wang Yi hugged Vivian and removed his tie immediately so that his Singaporean counterparts wouldn't feel uncomfortable for not wearing ties. The Chinese treat other countries and their people with enormous respect, and this is another excellent example of that.

F3Os66nbIAE8f1_

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Euphemism and Diplomacy
at its finest ,

Eivor Vågslid
@Eivor_Koy

"An act of respect and politeness shown by the Chinese foreign minister during his trip to Singapore has been widely shared on Chinese social media. Vivian Balakrishnan, foreign minister of Singapore, apologized to Wang for "not wearing tie" while formally welcoming him to Singapore. Wang Yi hugged Vivian and removed his tie immediately so that his Singaporean counterparts wouldn't feel uncomfortable for not wearing ties. The Chinese treat other countries and their people with enormous respect, and this is another excellent example of that."

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attended some course on service excellence.
The basic rule to follow if you are unsure of what to wear for an occasion is always to wear the most formal I.e business long sleeves shirt, pants, tie and a jacket.
In the event you need to fine tune, you can always remove each piece.
Also be sure to iron your clothes.
Don't kay kiang and do the assumptions.
You want to be respected so respect others first. Basic human ethics.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attended some course on service excellence.
The basic rule to follow if you are unsure of what to wear for an occasion is always to wear the most formal I.e business long sleeves shirt, pants, tie and a jacket.
In the event you need to fine tune, you can always remove each piece.
Also be sure to iron your clothes.
Don't kay kiang and do the assumptions.
You want to be respected so respect others first. Basic human ethics.
Screenshot_2023-08-12-07-38-07-08_f69139cffc4d135a71392e13634f144a.jpg

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i c nothing wrong in not wearing a tie. not asif vivian is in shorts and tshirt or wearing a sarong
You are missing the point.
The thing is the host can never be of below dress code to that of a guest.
No excuses about being hot. And no excuses about what the guest wear too.
Host can only be of same or higher dress code than the guest.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
You are missing the point.
The thing is the host can never be below dress code of that of a guest.
No excuses about being hot.
Host can only be of same or higher dress code than the guest.
so yr frens come to yr house u also must dress up? is tat the rule? i never bother cos it's my home and I wear shorts and t-shirt even when my frens are over for dinner wearing proper shirt and pants jeans.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis because out of respect for ccp wolf warrior wang with his constant anti-western tirades vivain doesn’t wear a tie as the tie is a symbol of western imperialism and slavery of colonial subjects like a noose around one’s neck. atta boy vivain!