• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Tenant installs 9 air-cons moves out complaining that neighbours gang up against him with complaints

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
9 x 9000 BTU blower unit split into 2 x 33000 BTU condensers. It's not impossible, though he has to install another 40amp Main Aircon switch as HDB provides one only. Me no expert, just guessing...
only 40 amps main switch per block based on link below. a standard 12k-btu split ac unit (blower inside, compressor outside) normally requires 13 amps. 3 will max out the 40-amp switch. a small window mounted ac unit requires at least 3.69 amps, and 9 of these will be more plausible.
https://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BN31AWERRCMobile/BN31SElectrical?loadAction=electrical

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
not bad that you brought up the amperage capacity of a hdb block. i suppose the typical socket in a hdb flat is 230v 13amp. just nice for an ac plug in.
I am now debating to change my aged aircon and asking friends about which brands to go for. :biggrin:

Seems like most say Mitsubishi Starmex is really lousy despite all the good reviews on social media. Got one friend tells me his friend install Mitsubishi Starmex and after only 1 month broke down. I think better choose a unit that is made in Japan or Korea. Nowadays mostly manufactured in China and Thailand. Fucked up quality control and probably pilferage of gas inside the coolant tanks.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am now debating to change my aged aircon and asking friends about which brands to go for. :biggrin:

Seems like most say Mitsubishi Starmex is really lousy despite all the good reviews on social media. Got one friend tells me his friend install Mitsubishi Starmex and after only 1 month broke down. I think better choose a unit that is made in Japan or Korea. Nowadays mostly manufactured in China and Thailand. Fucked up quality control and probably pilferage of gas inside the coolant tanks.
Get Mitsubishi Heavy Industries...