• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - S’pore Man Resigns From Company In Anger After They Pay Him Only S$30 To Take Corporate Photos When He Asked For S$1800 fees

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
#8936: Sent my 24 hours notice after company lowballed me.

Few months ago my company asked me to take corporate photos for their database, and to be used on their website and company profile. They asked me cause they know I'm a photographer outside of office hours. I clearly told them to discuss the price with me and all they said was "We're pretty rushing to get this done. We'll discuss the price later". So fine, I complied.

I brought my own equipment (DSLR, lenses, tripod, etc) and took their corporate photos. From corporate portraiture, to outdoor site photos. I had to edit all of the photos via Lightroom and Photoshop. They say to use my own creativity and so I did. So I had to research on the kind of edits and preset suitable for the company.

I had about 18 sessions. So the editing took me longer to get it right and they pushed me to rush it but make it nice. I spent nearly 3 weeks editing about 600+ photos , one by one.
Months passed and none of them came forward to discuss the price with me. And so today, I put on my invoice. Per session I charged about 100 SGD x 18 sessions = 1800 SGD. That's considerably very very cheap for corporate shots for each sessions. I normally put higher for corporate shots. Also, I told them I'm up for negotiation.
And you know what they gave me after a week receiving that invoice? A token of 30 SGD, with a note that says "Thank you for your hardwork".
I've worked in this company for 3 years. Never taken MC, almost always OT, gave up on my time to finish up the work they all left to me, even worked during my vacation. I've been so patient with the company's unfair treatment and rulings. Probably cause it didn't affect me too much. But..this is the line. 30 SGD for all the photos I've taken.
It's my equipments.
It's my skills.
It's my time.
And all that cost 30 SGD for all 18 sessions. None of them came forward for negotiation and they decided all of those work I did is just worth 30 SGD. I got paid 150 SGD for a whole day simple wedding and this company didn't bothered to pay me 100 SGD for 1 session.
I didn't take the 30 SGD. I told them that I rather my work got stolen, at least it shows that my work is that valuable that it was stolen. I'm not gonna take such insult of 30 SGD. That's just a spit to my face.
Put my 24 hours immediately. Left the building immediately. I deleted all the photos from the company's server.
Now, I'm free from the toxic company. They tried to talk to me into staying cause I'm one of their best employees. I refused. I will never trust the "do first talk later" again. I learnt my lesson.
Read on website:
https://whispers.sg/c/sgwhispers/posts/8936

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ys-him-s-30-to-take-corporate-photos.6858515/
This is a very typical "loser" sort of mentality that I hope most of our young are not following.

The guy was completely passive and basically adopting this attitude of "the company should pay me fairly automatically". There were so many opportunities in which he could have negotiated for proper rates:

1) When the company first approached him to take photos
2) During the 3 weeks when he was taking and editing photos
3) Before handing over the photos
4) The many months after he handed over the photos while working in the company
5) When the company offered him $30

Each of this instance he did nothing but passively wait for someone to take the initiative to reach out to him to pay him. Even after the company offered a derisory amount, this guy didn't even dare to negotiate / threaten legal action on his way out.

About the only thing he dared to do is to whine online and then go into some fantasy land to justify why his refusing the $30 was a smart thing and how he was proud of his work getting stolen as it means it's valuable etc. This is so primary school level thinking.

The Company is definitely trying to pull a fast one, but the way this guy handled the whole situation is really ball-less and childish.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very typical "loser" sort of mentality that I hope most of our young are not following.

The guy was completely passive and basically adopting this attitude of "the company should pay me fairly automatically". There were so many opportunities in which he could have negotiated for proper rates:

1) When the company first approached him to take photos
2) During the 3 weeks when he was taking and editing photos
3) Before handing over the photos
4) The many months after he handed over the photos while working in the company
5) When the company offered him $30

Each of this instance he did nothing but passively wait for someone to take the initiative to reach out to him to pay him. Even after the company offered a derisory amount, this guy didn't even dare to negotiate / threaten legal action on his way out.

About the only thing he dared to do is to whine online and then go into some fantasy land to justify why his refusing the $30 was a smart thing and how he was proud of his work getting stolen as it means it's valuable etc. This is so primary school level thinking.

The Company is definitely trying to pull a fast one, but the way this guy handled the whole situation is really ball-less and childish.
He is young and has less experience. So now he learn from it.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reality is he's brainwashed to be a subservient slave and that he will be blacklisted or marked for being outspoken against the management .

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'd say it is the other way round. It's usually the employee who is taking the employer for a ride by doing the barest minimum.
Employer is free to hire another if he can. But he can not so he complains to PAP who lets business owners get away with paying less. :unsure:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
#8936: Sent my 24 hours notice after company lowballed me.

Few months ago my company asked me to take corporate photos for their database, and to be used on their website and company profile. They asked me cause they know I'm a photographer outside of office hours. I clearly told them to discuss the price with me and all they said was "We're pretty rushing to get this done. We'll discuss the price later". So fine, I complied.

I brought my own equipment (DSLR, lenses, tripod, etc) and took their corporate photos. From corporate portraiture, to outdoor site photos. I had to edit all of the photos via Lightroom and Photoshop. They say to use my own creativity and so I did. So I had to research on the kind of edits and preset suitable for the company.

I had about 18 sessions. So the editing took me longer to get it right and they pushed me to rush it but make it nice. I spent nearly 3 weeks editing about 600+ photos , one by one.
Months passed and none of them came forward to discuss the price with me. And so today, I put on my invoice. Per session I charged about 100 SGD x 18 sessions = 1800 SGD. That's considerably very very cheap for corporate shots for each sessions. I normally put higher for corporate shots. Also, I told them I'm up for negotiation.
And you know what they gave me after a week receiving that invoice? A token of 30 SGD, with a note that says "Thank you for your hardwork".
I've worked in this company for 3 years. Never taken MC, almost always OT, gave up on my time to finish up the work they all left to me, even worked during my vacation. I've been so patient with the company's unfair treatment and rulings. Probably cause it didn't affect me too much. But..this is the line. 30 SGD for all the photos I've taken.
It's my equipments.
It's my skills.
It's my time.
And all that cost 30 SGD for all 18 sessions. None of them came forward for negotiation and they decided all of those work I did is just worth 30 SGD. I got paid 150 SGD for a whole day simple wedding and this company didn't bothered to pay me 100 SGD for 1 session.
I didn't take the 30 SGD. I told them that I rather my work got stolen, at least it shows that my work is that valuable that it was stolen. I'm not gonna take such insult of 30 SGD. That's just a spit to my face.
Put my 24 hours immediately. Left the building immediately. I deleted all the photos from the company's server.
Now, I'm free from the toxic company. They tried to talk to me into staying cause I'm one of their best employees. I refused. I will never trust the "do first talk later" again. I learnt my lesson.
Read on website:
https://whispers.sg/c/sgwhispers/posts/8936

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ys-him-s-30-to-take-corporate-photos.6858515/

The man is an idiot. He should already be thankful that they didn't fire him for moonlighting despite having a full time job.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The man is an idiot. He should already be thankful that they didn't fire him for moonlighting despite having a full time job.
It is not surprising that in a straitjacket environment ,there is no innovation and creativity in the work place.