• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - S’pore Man Resigns From Company In Anger After They Pay Him Only S$30 To Take Corporate Photos When He Asked For S$1800 fees

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
#8936: Sent my 24 hours notice after company lowballed me.

Few months ago my company asked me to take corporate photos for their database, and to be used on their website and company profile. They asked me cause they know I'm a photographer outside of office hours. I clearly told them to discuss the price with me and all they said was "We're pretty rushing to get this done. We'll discuss the price later". So fine, I complied.

I brought my own equipment (DSLR, lenses, tripod, etc) and took their corporate photos. From corporate portraiture, to outdoor site photos. I had to edit all of the photos via Lightroom and Photoshop. They say to use my own creativity and so I did. So I had to research on the kind of edits and preset suitable for the company.

I had about 18 sessions. So the editing took me longer to get it right and they pushed me to rush it but make it nice. I spent nearly 3 weeks editing about 600+ photos , one by one.
Months passed and none of them came forward to discuss the price with me. And so today, I put on my invoice. Per session I charged about 100 SGD x 18 sessions = 1800 SGD. That's considerably very very cheap for corporate shots for each sessions. I normally put higher for corporate shots. Also, I told them I'm up for negotiation.
And you know what they gave me after a week receiving that invoice? A token of 30 SGD, with a note that says "Thank you for your hardwork".
I've worked in this company for 3 years. Never taken MC, almost always OT, gave up on my time to finish up the work they all left to me, even worked during my vacation. I've been so patient with the company's unfair treatment and rulings. Probably cause it didn't affect me too much. But..this is the line. 30 SGD for all the photos I've taken.
It's my equipments.
It's my skills.
It's my time.
And all that cost 30 SGD for all 18 sessions. None of them came forward for negotiation and they decided all of those work I did is just worth 30 SGD. I got paid 150 SGD for a whole day simple wedding and this company didn't bothered to pay me 100 SGD for 1 session.
I didn't take the 30 SGD. I told them that I rather my work got stolen, at least it shows that my work is that valuable that it was stolen. I'm not gonna take such insult of 30 SGD. That's just a spit to my face.
Put my 24 hours immediately. Left the building immediately. I deleted all the photos from the company's server.
Now, I'm free from the toxic company. They tried to talk to me into staying cause I'm one of their best employees. I refused. I will never trust the "do first talk later" again. I learnt my lesson.
Read on website:
https://whispers.sg/c/sgwhispers/posts/8936

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/...ys-him-s-30-to-take-corporate-photos.6858515/

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Under Singapore's copyright act, the photographs belong to the photographer. He can don't let the company use them.

Name and shame the company.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinaman boss. Expect everything for free. If girl worker get married, quickly terminate her employment to avoid maternity leave pay.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost always, these types of companies will have their owner drive Ferrari, Maserati or some other pathetic expensive cars to compensate for their fragile egos, while they treat their staff like slaves.
If you are one, quit immediately for the sake of your mental health. It's better to have a lower pay but be respected and stay mentally healthy otherwise you will inflict on your kids mental damage.
Don't believe me? Note the behaviour if these bosses children. They will behave like spoilt brats. You don't want your kids to turn out that way do you?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Almost always, these types of companies will have their owner drive Ferrari, Maserati or some other pathetic expensive cars to compensate for their fragile egos, while they treat their staff like slaves.
If you are one, quit immediately for the sake of your mental health. It's better to have a lower pay but be respected and stay mentally healthy otherwise you will inflict on your kids mental damage.
Don't believe me? Note the behaviour if these bosses children. They will behave like spoilt brats. You don't want your kids to turn out that way do you?

If the business owner is driving a Ferrari that obviously points to the fact that he is a capable businessman to be admired.

It's not his fault that there are always losers out there who are willing to slave away for a pittance in order to generate his wealth.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the business owner is driving a Ferrari that obviously points to the fact that he is a capable businessman to be admired.

It's not his fault that there are always losers out there who are willing to slave away for a pittance in order to generate his wealth.
Quite early on I figured I could get rich quick if I were to employ cheap labour and abuse and utilize them to the max while paying them slave labour salaries.
However my belief was that every person that I employ must be able to support his family unit independently, plus, a job that he can look forward to till retirement.
I have seen a few chink towkay who managed this well. Respects to them.
But for the vast majority, look in the mirror and realise you're a nobody but a slave driver.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Quite early on I figured I could get rich quick if I were to employ cheap labour and abuse and utilize them to the max while paying them slave labour salaries.
However my belief was that every person that I employ must be able to support his family unit independently, plus, a job that he can look forward to till retirement.
I have seen a few chink towkay who managed this well. Respects to them.
But for the vast majority, look in the mirror and realise you're a nobody but a slave driver.

It is not the duty of any employer to provide comfortable and secure lifetime employment for staff.

Employees are paid a month's salary for a month of work. The employer made an offer of employment which was accepted by the employee. With the employment contract signed the obligations are clearly spelt out for both parties. If either party becomes dissatisfied they have the option to terminate the agreement.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the duty of any employer to provide comfortable and secure lifetime employment for staff.

Employees are paid a month's salary for a month of work. The employer made an offer of employment which was accepted by the employee. With the employment contract signed the obligations are clearly spelt out for both parties. If either party becomes dissatisfied they have the option to terminate the agreement.
Most work places are toxic. The labour laws are stacked against the employees.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Most work places are toxic. The labour laws are stacked against the employees.

I'd say it is the other way round. It's usually the employee who is taking the employer for a ride by doing the barest minimum.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its your right to live life and business by a lower moral standard.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Unless there is morality in business, then cheating and crime is all fair game as long as you don't get caught.

Are your values that low?

I have never once suggested that laws be broken. All I said is that business is not about morality it is about maximising profit. Profit can be maximised by minimising costs which includes the cost of labor.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the duty of any employer to provide comfortable and secure lifetime employment for staff

Well, it's not a duty, but how long do you want the employee for? Month to month or for a longer duration?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Well, it's not a duty, but how long do you want the employee for? Month to month or for a longer duration?

Those that are performing well will be offered incentives to stay for the long term. Those that do the bare minimum will be fired or encouraged to leave asap.