• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Online shopping platforms : Lazada Redmart vs Shopee vs NTUC online vs Amazon.sg

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1655315543161.png

[–]George_W_BushidoMature Citizen 108 points 12 hours ago
Yes I noticed by the big announcement on their front page

[–]weiwei82[S] 11 points 12 hours ago
Ok I didn’t see that as I searched from the Lazada front page. But seems like sketchy business practices to say free delivery and then add on a delivery fee by another name.

[–]George_W_BushidoMature Citizen 37 points 12 hours ago
Yeah I agree it’s super shady, seems like the app UI isn’t properly updated for this change. It still says yay you get free shipping.

[–]lucidlydreamt 12 points 8 hours ago
They're trying to call it a "delivery slot fee", so you still get "free delivery" but have to pay for the slot...

[–]hosehliao 16 points 8 hours ago
NTUC online also pulling the same shady shit. "FREE DELIVERY above $100!!!!*“
*$3.99 Order fee added to all orders

[–]RIP2UAnders 45 points 11 hours ago
Dont support this greedy company pls, they charge sky high commission rate yet anyhow handle deliveries like they can't be bothered. Many times have items damaged, crushed products delivered and the customer service dodge you like they owe you money.

[–]weeeeeeee___ 39 points 11 hours ago
Switch to FP online and you will find out that the ntuc guys are even worst than Redmart. Amazon Prime provides the best customer service out of the 3 but their groceries do seems more expensive.
It is as if you get what you paid for.

[–]Haunting-Owl 23 points 10 hours ago
I totally agree that the FP delivery people are awful as f. That was actually the reason I switched to Redmart, and never looked back. Besides, after switching I realized Redmart has so much more to offer than FP in terms of discounts and product offerings. Can't say I'm not disappointed with the new delivery fees, but I haven't really had much issue with Redmart.

[–]DonDonStudent 6 points 9 hours ago
FP consistent damages to even tins. Redmart is variable. Amazon best for undismayed stuff.

[–]Eseru 10 points 9 hours ago*
My family used to buy from Redmart but we regularly found items missing from the order. Switched to Shopee and much less issues. Now we just get household items/non-perishables from Shopee and fresh stuff direct from vendors. Anything urgent? 24 hour NTUC within 5 minutes' walk.
Also, fk Lazada. My mom was just complaining the other day that her orders with Lazada are usually problematic - either the wrong items arrive, something is missing in large orders or they are noticeably different from what was advertised. Shopee gives us much less issues and are more generous with their discounts.
I had an incident where Lazada's system gave me an order completed screen for a purchase using a limited redemptions voucher with a large discount, then somehow lost it. No confirmation email and my account didn't reflect the purchase. Was told by CS to re-purchase and of course the voucher was fully redeemed so it couldn't be re-applied.
After that I felt that Lazada doesn't do business in good faith. They tempt you in with offers of large discounts, then you discover it's capped at a super low amount, super limited or their system pulls stunts like this. Not supporting a company like this.

[–]ellean4 3 points 9 hours ago
Amazon CS definitely the best but unfortunately their selection of groceries pales in comparison to redmart and ntuc

[–]hnryirawan 3 points 8 hours ago
Amazon CS will connect with you in minutes and usually offer you full refund almost immediately, but yeah alot of their stuffs are more expensive than others. Things I bought usually available on usual Prime though so I just buy it there and no pressure hitting minimum order.

Its basically the mindset of the Asian consumer vs the American consumer. Amazon's customer base is willing to pay slightly more for better service. Asian customers only care about the lowest price.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Amazon is quite fucked up. They have no clue what their merchants are selling, yet they want to brand it under Amazon. It is much easier to deal with AliExpress Lazada and Shopee where you can communicate directly with the vendor. You can chose your seller based on their popularity so you can avoid the shady shops.

Amazon is basically a robot, you just follow their process and you get your refunds. Their agents send very nice mails to you to make sure you get your refunds. But my purpose of online shopping is not to get a refund. And Amazon Prime is such a farce! You don’t pay for delivery but they deliver your goods on the very last day of the specified date, or after. They need to let their sellers deal direct with buyers and intervene only when needed. In that way they also don’t have to subject their sellers to unscrupulous buyers.