• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - "How to stop my old mother from giving tithe offerings to church?"

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mum is old and scared of the next life. Hence the contribution.
many malays as they get older, they become more religious,

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reminder that tithes and offerings are two different things.

Tithe = service charge of 10%, deducted every month.

Offering = service tip, no limit, give as much as you want, similar concept to temples' 香油钱

Believers are strongly encouraged to give both. Of course, nothing is forced upon you. But expect much cajoling and emotional blackmail. :biggrin:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN that means pastor Prince anyhow pang pui yet no member beaten him to puppy infront of the huge crowd KNN
No sane pastor will tell the flock seats are limited. Otherwise, the existing flock will put tissue paper and chope the seats, and they will not spread the good news to bring in more sheep. Then when COE goes up, who is going to pay for the new car of the pastor ? :rolleyes:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Offering = service tip, no limit, give as much as you want, similar concept to temples' 香油钱

Believers are strongly encouraged to give both. Of course, nothing is forced upon you. But expect much cajoling and emotional blackmail. :biggrin:
My uncle observed that everyone is verlee secretive when giving the offerings :sneaky:
They pass 1 velvet bag with metal holder from 1 corner and pass from 1 to next while the Chua ji is like folded secretlee that My uncle has never successfullee attempted to peek how much they offering :biggrin: KNN

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle observed that everyone is verlee secretive when giving the offerings :sneaky:
They pass 1 velvet bag with metal holder from 1 corner and pass from 1 to next while the Chua ji is like folded secretlee that My uncle has never successfullee attempted to peek how much they offering :biggrin: KNN
Last time young I go church I tempted to put my hand in and take some out and keep :roflmao:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN that means pastor Prince anyhow pang pui yet no member beaten him to puppy infront of the huge crowd KNN
If your uncle goes up to the pulpit and quote this verse, it's your uncle who will be beaten "to puppy" by the pastors and deacons. 斷人衣食猶如殺人父母!

Screenshot_1.jpg

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

Uncle younare backdated. Now its 20%

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mum is old and scared of the next life. Hence the contribution.
many malays as they get older, they become more religious,
Oh yeah, then i will delete my pun on the last post here.

If you live a very wholesome life, you dun need to worry about the afterlife at all.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically it should be 10%. Of course, if your celebrity pastor wants a commission bonus, so be it. Remember, God loves a cheerful giver. Give more, get blessed more. :biggrin:
Religious trash are under the protection of the law. Spf scared to touch them. Do like movie. A newspaper and a knife. There is no law so this is the onky thing anyjne can do