• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - EDMWer's friend said his fren kena scammed by dental, called police

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Diorslpceline :​

Worst Dental service ever

My wife does not have any historical dental issue, I booked an normal polish and scaling dental appointment for her at 4PM, 11 Mar 2023 @ Bedok after I did an online search for the nearby dental clinic, come out on top base on the good review on google and Facebook.

We arrived at the clinic 10 minutes before the appointment to allow time for registration as this is our first time visiting this clinic. Everything went smoothly, my wife went in at around 4PM and finished at around 4:50PM. So I proceed to settle the bill for her and was shocked to see the bill at $1,695.05 after payment was done through Paywave. I immediately ask the staff to explain on the invoice, she said my wife did a deep cleaning for 4 quadrants and it cost about $1,400 and did an x-ray as well cost about $100, plus some consultation and drags given. My wife was also shocked and become speechless (while mouth become numb and bloods dripping out).

After a while she told me that the dentist (Dr. Peter) told her that her gum situation is quite bad and did an X-ray and “deep cleaning”, she thought a deep cleaning should at most cost a little bit more than a normal cleaning, so she told the dentist to proceed.

Only when she saw the bill, then she realised the decision she made was not properly informed and became regret. So there is a dispute against this, as according to dentist and the nurse, they did mention the cost of deep cleaning to my wife, and my wife made consent to proceed. But my wife very firm that they did not make clear on the cost of the “deep cleaning” procedure, if so she might not proceed at all.

So we escalated the dispute to the operational manager of the clinic and they are willing to make 20% discount on bill, but we do not want to accept, so we called Police and made a police report regarding this incident for further investigation.

Few points to highlight:

1. My wife does not have any historical dental issue, but was advised to do an X-ray and in the end a “deep cleaning”, which cost more than 10x of a normal cleaning, I am not sure whether this is an unsolicited or unethical advice from the dentist, as he just want to made more profit from the patient
2. After a google search on “deep cleaning” - Deep teeth cleanings are meant to treat periodontal or gum disease; a deep teeth cleaning is often advised for people who haven't had regular dental cleaning appointments for a while but it may be recommended for anyone who has gum disease or periodontal issues. Which not the case for my wife.
3. And the procedure usually take 1.5 to 2 hours. But the suspicious thing is that, it only took less than 50 minutes for my wife for the whole session (including consultation, X-ray and deep cleaning), so I find it a bit fishy here

So please be mindful if you want to go to this clinic, I am not sure whether all the good review from google and Facebook are genuine or not, or is just we are the unlucky one kena ripped off by them :(

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...UKEwjS6u_ipNn9AhXVcGwGHfy2DAIQ9fkHKAB6BAgBEBY

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the crime committed here to warrant a police investigation?

Services and costs were offered, told and taken. What the idiot should have done was take this to the dental council.