• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - A Singaporean Chinese who can't speak Chinese, feels he's being unfairly discriminated against

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it's true..the Manchus were conquerers who Ill treated the Tiongs.
The ang mor bullying theme only came about to plp the ChiCons. For eg in the IP Man movies. Before that ang Mors were made fun off...like terms of endearment but everyone knows ang Mors looked after the cantos better than the ChiCons ever did. That is why chicon rules are failed rules. If the poms were still in control, the standard of living in Hong Kong will be much higher as the poms would have improved on the housing etc. Whereas the ChiCons keep saying they will solve the housing problem but all talk n do fuck all because the ChiCons can't even solve their own housing problems..want to solve others. Wat a load of crock.
That is wat the ChiCons want. Elimination of all other cina language apart from mandarin
so now at this time, who else is in the same boat as the Cantonese? I can only think of 1 or maybe 2. Time for solidarity?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
so now at this time, who else is in the same boat as the Cantonese? I can only think of 1 or maybe 2. Time for solidarity?
Solidarity with wat? The only way for cantos to preserve their culture is for its own independence. If not cantos will be extinct.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember during my school days, all the m&ds in my class fail every subject (F9) but get P1 in Bahasa Melayu....

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of us treasure the rojak, but to my disappointment quite a lot don't. I remember having a discussion here with someone here who was determined that his mother tongue was Mandarin. I can only hope Mandarin gets trashed for good.

That was after years of brainwashing by the PAP propaganda. My mother tongue is Cantonese, but sadly, it will disappear soon now that HK has changed its education instruction language to Mandarin following Emperor Xi's order.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was after years of brainwashing by the PAP propaganda. My mother tongue is Cantonese, but sadly, it will disappear soon now that HK has changed its education instruction language to Mandarin following Emperor Xi's order.
Treasure it while u can....sooner or later cantos will b extinct

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
it’s a good sign that sinkies still treasure their rojak lingo. celebrate the uniqueness rather than trash it. it’s part and parcel of the sinkie identity. the moment sinkies all speak mandarin, it’s the end of sg. may as well becum a province of prc and the despicable and hated ccp who worships a european amdk ideology (marxism).
Concerning the 'rojak' lingo...the main issues is the typical singkie don't know how to code switch. For example if u talk n SMS kaki...use singlish is fine. But when it comes to proper writing n speaking n spelling...the average singkie cannot differentiate. N it's something to do with the education system not teaching these singkies the difference. That is why proper education is soo important..but I think singkie parents have sort of taken the hands off approach n let the school n teachers do it...n schools n teachers are only interested in plp pap n come up with more junk in the curriculum to justify MOE civil serpents existence making shit more complicated n messing up more shit n it's just a downward spiral.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's hope not. I have many fond memories of watching HK movies from a very young age in Cantonese. The movie just isn't the same in Mandarin. In Cantonese, I feel they are having a conversation/interaction. In Mandarin, they sound like they're barking orders at each other.

edit : barking orders at each other at a re-education camp!!! :eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Use of Mandarin has nothing to do with communism. Or else how you explain why Taiwan also uses Mandarin? It was voted to be the national language right after the Republic of China was formed. To put things in perspective for you suaku uncles, the second language/dialect in running (which lost by one vote) was Szechuanese. Canto/hokkien were nowhere near.

Boasting not knowing Mandarin is just as ignorant as declaring you don't know English. PAP, for all its flaws, provided access to learn and use both languages in sinkapore. So don't blame Mandarin for being cheena or uncool or whatever.. millions of angmors and niggers are learning to speak it now

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many peranakan were forced to abandon their heritage and culture as they were corced by recent immigrants to behave like chinamen.

Most perankans were forced to abandon their heritage and culture because the m&ds insisted on forced religious conversions to the mohameddan religion. Many peranakans now call themselves as chink moslems or m&d moslems instead.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use of Mandarin has nothing to do with communism. Or else how you explain why Taiwan also uses Mandarin? It was voted to be the national language right after the Republic of China was formed. To put things in perspective for you suaku uncles, the second language/dialect in running (which lost by one vote) was Szechuanese. Canto/hokkien were nowhere near.

Boasting not knowing Mandarin is just as ignorant as declaring you don't know English. PAP, for all its flaws, provided access to learn and use both languages in sinkapore. So don't blame Mandarin for being cheena or uncool or whatever.. millions of angmors and niggers are learning to speak it now
You want the semi-long version?

Mandarin was derived from the Beijing dialect which in itself is not even historically a Chinese city. It was made the official language of China by decree of the 4th Qing Manchu emperor Yongzheng because he could not understand the languages of Canton and Hokkien. [@Hypocrite-The, you might be interested in this.]

Prior to this old Mandarin only came into existence after the Mongols invaded China. Without the Mongolian invasion, the official language being used in Chang An was Middle Chinese from which Hokkien is derived. So take your pick, Mandarin is either Mongolian/Chinese bastard patois or Manchurian decree. If either suits your idea of being Chinese please go ahead. But I know exactly where my ancestors came from and not a single one spoke Manchurian. To me speaking Mandarin with pride is like wearing a queue with pride. Add to this you can guess who was asleep at the wheel when the West made China the sick bitch of the east. Do you expect me to follow the decree of foreigners who let other foreigners carve up China? Or to follow the language of the world's greatest rapists? :o-o:

After the fall of the Qing, things started to revert back to their natural states. Either the nationalists or the commies wanted the whole of China. Anything left on the margins would represent failure and a loss of control. So here comes the official language again to unite the country one way or the other. A political tool for legitimacy. All so that the populace single-mindedly supports the officials and their chosen language and to wipe out resistance. The cost? All the unofficial languages are de-legitimized and marginalized.

For the record, it is cool and millions are learning to speak it for economic benefits. But I'm not wearing a queue. On the other hand if you have Mongolian or Manchurian ancestry, please excuse me. You have officially conquered China already and I'm just an ethnic refugee.

Oh and since we're on the topic, if English wasn't so dominant today, I would not bother using it. If you like, you can join me on a mountain. Sometimes being a tortoise has it benefits. :wink:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Vietnamese as well. Here's how an enterprising Vietnamese man (Ah Jun) became successful using his learning of Chinese Mandarin to open many business opportunities for himself.

I know quite a few Vietnamese who have as well. Some even learnt Russian!!

OTOH, some Vietnamese have told me that doing business with China has bankrupted them.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I know quite a few Vietnamese who have as well. Some even learnt Russian!!

OTOH, some Vietnamese have told me that doing business with China has bankrupted them.

Ah Jun's business model is rather unique (and largely non-replicable, due to his 1st mover advantage). If interested, do watch his videos to check out his story.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most perankans were forced to abandon their heritage and culture because the m&ds insisted on forced religious conversions to the mohameddan religion. Many peranakans now call themselves as chink moslems or m&d moslems instead.
Nonsense. The peranakan were intimidated by later immigrants( so called pioneers) for abandoning their culture and assimilating native cultures in dressing, language and food.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mandarin was derived from the Beijing dialect which in itself is not even historically a Chinese city.

Beijing is a historically chink city. Beijing started to grow in prominence during the North Sung dynasty.

Beijing used to be called by other names, including 'Damingfu' and 'Yanjing'. The city of Beijing is located in the historical Yan region, which was ceded to the Liao Empire during the 900s AD. People who watch chink drama set during the North Sung period might be familiar with the ceded territories known as '16 Prefectures of Yan & Yun'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Prefectures

During the Liao Dynasty occupation, Beijing was even known as 'Nanjing', because it was the major city in the southern end of the Liao Dynasty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_(Liao_dynasty)

During the foreign Jin dynasty, Beijing was known as 'Zhongdu', capital of the Jin dynasty. When the Mongols conquered the Jin and Sung, Beijing was known as 'Dadu', the word 'du' meaning capital city.

During the Ming, Beijing served as the fief of the Ming prince Zhu Di, Prince of Yan, who eventually made it as chinkland's capital after he seized power from his nephew emperor in the early 1400s.

In short, Beijing is a historical chink city, known by many names such as Damingfu, Yanjing, Nanjing, Zhongdu, Dadu, Beiping, Beijing.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the foreign Jin dynasty, Beijing was known as 'Zhongdu', capital of the Jin dynasty. When the Mongols conquered the Jin and Sung, Beijing was known as 'Dadu', the word 'du' meaning capital city
Genghis Khan conquered the Jin dynasty. And decided to turn west and obliterate the muslims after they massacred the mongol trade delegation as stated below.
Sung emperor was given a reprieve.

Slaughter of Mongolian trade caravanEdit

In 1218, a Mongolian trade caravan of around 450 men arrived in Otrar, including an ambassador of Genghis Khan. Inalchuq accused them of being Mongolian spies and arrested them.[2] There may, in fact, have been spies in the caravan;[1] however Inalchuq may have also been provoked by having been called Inalchuq rather than the less familiar Ghayir-Khan by one of the members of the caravan,[1] or perhaps was motivated by simply wanting to seize the caravan's riches.[2] With the assent of Sultan Muhammad, he executed the entire caravan, and its goods were sold in Bukhara.[2] A camel driver escaped this massacre to report back to Genghis Khan, who responded by sending a delegation of one Muslim and two Mongol diplomats to Sultan Muhammad demanding Inalchuq be punished. Muhammad responded by beheading the Muslim ambassador and shaving off the beards of his two Mongol companions, provoking Genghis Khan's retaliatory invasion.[2]

The arabs never did recover from the onslaught. Totally obliterated till today,

It was kublai khan, grandson of genghis that conquered the sung and entire Chinese territory..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nonsense. The peranakan were intimidated by later immigrants( so called pioneers) for abandoning their culture and assimilating native cultures in dressing, language and food.

I'm correct.

The peranakans are actually a mixed race of chink and m&d. The key difference is that their children did not adopt the arabic mohameddan religion after marrying m&d. It's recognized that the peranakans have a distinct culture by their fusion of chink and m&d culture and of not adopting islam.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beijing is a historically chink city. Beijing started to grow in prominence during the North Sung dynasty.

Beijing used to be called by other names, including 'Damingfu' and 'Yanjing'. The city of Beijing is located in the historical Yan region, which was ceded to the Liao Empire during the 900s AD. People who watch chink drama set during the North Sung period might be familiar with the ceded territories known as '16 Prefectures of Yan & Yun'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixteen_Prefectures

During the Liao Dynasty occupation, Beijing was even known as 'Nanjing', because it was the major city in the southern end of the Liao Dynasty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_(Liao_dynasty)

During the foreign Jin dynasty, Beijing was known as 'Zhongdu', capital of the Jin dynasty. When the Mongols conquered the Jin and Sung, Beijing was known as 'Dadu', the word 'du' meaning capital city.

During the Ming, Beijing served as the fief of the Ming prince Zhu Di, Prince of Yan, who eventually made it as chinkland's capital after he seized power from his nephew emperor in the early 1400s.

In short, Beijing is a historical chink city, known by many names such as Damingfu, Yanjing, Nanjing, Zhongdu, Dadu, Beiping, Beijing.
thanks for pointing it out. Traditionally not a chink imperial capital. It was the frozen arse end of China turned into an imperial capital by first the Jurchen Jin. Up to that point, it was just a provincial capital. I don't think you can consider the Jin Chinese either with the head being a person called Aguda. Foreigners have a predilection for that place because they can run back to the frozen wastes in case of uprisings from the native Chinese.

And despite the Liao calling it "Nanjing", it was not Nanjing. For them it was the "southern" capital. At the very NE edge of China you can guess that it is not "southern"...

During the time that old Mandarin came to be, it was called Khanbaliq. I wonder why the big shift to Beijing?