• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia VS Eco Summer/Spring

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said bro. This fella did not contribute to this thread and yet act yaya. The funny thing is he did not even own a house at SEC !! When he cannot counter facts that we made, he will just resort to a shouting match. Let's ignore him for good.

Didn't expect so many sohai in this forum.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just looked again at the Mercury layout at the SEC site. You are quite right that the stairs in the middle really take up so much space at ground floor. This is the first time i see such design, using the stairs as a divider between living and dinning area.

I realise also the kitchen and dining area are at the same compound! Normally, only low or medium cost houses will have such design. A good layout normally will separate living/dining area from the kitchen. A clear minded person will definitely not pay more than 600K for house with this type of design.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I realise also the kitchen and dining area are at the same compound! Normally, only low or medium cost houses will have such design. A good layout normally will separate living/dining area from the kitchen. A clear minded person will definitely not pay more than 600K for house with this type of design.

Mercury's upper level has rooms with a balcony each, which will be useful for placing greenery and flowers. The ground level room also can access directly to the backyard.

Very few people cook nowadays. A glass partition can easily be used to separate the cooking area and dining area if needed.

There is no such things perfect design. There are always compromises in life.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mercury's upper level has rooms with a balcony each, which will be useful for placing greenery and flowers. The ground level room also can access directly to the backyard.

Very few people cook nowadays. A glass partition can easily be used to separate the cooking area and dining area if needed.

In fact, there is no perfect things on earth. If you look for the bad, you will definitely find them. On the other hand, if you look for the good, it is not too difficult to find them too. Question is do you wear "polarised" lenses when viewing? Critics that give a balanced views will be respected. On the other hand, "critics" (in quote 'cos I'm not sure they can be termed as such) will lose respect and earn wrath, deservingly.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, there is no perfect things on earth. If you look for the bad, you will definitely find them. On the other hand, if you look for the good, it is not too difficult to find them too. Question is do you wear "polarised" lenses when viewing? Critics that give a balanced views will be respected. On the other hand, "critics" (in quote 'cos I'm not sure they can be termed as such) will lose respect and earn wrath, deservingly.

You are quite right. Is not easy to fine a "perfect" house. I wish i can have additional 400k in my bank acc so that i can go for a cluster unit.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal

Appreciate your view on this. I have to agree that the strength of these two projects are having balconies at all rooms at the upper floor. That is what my wife and myself like most. I also think that owner will have to install a partition or glass panel to separate the kitchen and dining area.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The balconies of two back rooms at the upper floor are an advantage but the view of the backyard is not as greenery or in the condition that was suppose to be. What you see in real is actually so much different from what was shown in the advert or brochure earlier. Just look at the picture below and you will know what i mean. You think the developer is ethical?
sec22.jpg

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is already quite good by JB and SG standard, where back lane landscaping is rare.

Their picture in the advert is really misleading. Buyers have high expectation after referring to their advert. Furthermore, this so call back lane landscaping come with a price. No wonder so many owners are disappointed.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their picture in the advert is really misleading. Buyers have high expectation after referring to their advert. Furthermore, this so call back lane landscaping come with a price. No wonder so many owners are disappointed.

You all see for yourself whether can make it or not. This is actual backlane at my unit.
SEC-1.jpg
SEC-2.jpgSEC-3.jpg

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is very nice to have trees. At least the when you look out from back window, you see greens.
Most other housing estate bare concrete road only. If not careful, the residents put up illegal clothes hanging structures. Lagi jialat.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think the graphic impression is overrated. Those who think that they can put a chair and table to relax at the back lane and lim teh/kopi will be disappointed. A back lane is a back lane. They have to accept that is only a pathway with some grasses. The developer should at least buy bigger and taller trees for the back lane. haiz....cheapskate trees. Things would have been so much better if Tan Sri is in-charge.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is very nice to have trees. At least the when you look out from back window, you see greens.
Most other housing estate bare concrete road only. If not careful, the residents put up illegal clothes hanging structures. Lagi jialat.

If you have a nuisance neighbours unluckily, they can still put up illegal clothes hanging structures at the pathway at the backlane in SEC.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the graphic impression is overrated. Those who think that they can put a chair and table to relax at the back lane and lim teh/kopi will be disappointed. A back lane is a back lane. They have to accept that is only a pathway with some grasses. The developer should at least buy bigger and taller trees for the back lane. haiz....cheapskate trees. Things would have been so much better if Tan Sri is in-charge.

If people knew that Tan Sri will abandon SEC and have his own project just next door, SEC will definitely will not be their first choice.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with you that Tan Sri Liew is a rare gem.

No matter what, just stay away from Mercury Type at SEC. If you buy this type, sure regret later. Mahogany (sub sale) 22 x 80 selling around at cut back price of 750K now. Mercury with the pathetic size of 20 x 75 is also selling RM750K from developer. Sub sale is at most around 650k. Those who bought Mercury 2 years ago will not see any paper gain in the value of the house. Have to blame it on Tan Sri Liew, Eco Summer.