• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Seri Austin

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally collected the keys today! Went to the house and luckily the water supply was not cut off. So we went to Jusco Tebrau to buy cleaning equipment. My maid did a good job cleaning up the dirty, dusty floors and my elder son chipped in to help too.

Found my immediate neighbours very friendly and even exchanged phone numbers with them. Refreshing change from my mostly unfriendly Sg neighbours. Hubby says it is because strata housing is like condo where people share facilities and are friendlier.

Look forward to switching on the electrical supply soon and perhaps spending a weekend there soon before we try putting it up for
rent.

Enjoyed the cheaper restaurant food. Ate at Seasons for lunch and PapaRich for dinner and it cost us about S$70+ for five for both. It costs that much for dinner alone at Sg sometimes...

Hope to holiday there end of the year, hopefully , the water themepark will be ready then.

finally.. congrats.
btw, i think austin height is not strata titled.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great! how much is it? I saw the recent new launch in Austin Height is around RM888K

Bought it for RM950k. It has 2660sq ft land and 3000sq ft built up. When I bought it, it was asking lower than others. Then later, a little bit problematic because bumi release lot and Knight Frank value at 850k only. Now awaiting state valuation to pay stamp duty and transfer title deed. Looking forward to getting the title deed as we paid cash from an equity loan on our Sg terrace for it.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good buy! Good location and huge sq ft. Is a mature area and no problem if you wanted to sell it in future. Need to double check on the type of the title. I think is individual title. How much is the monthly maintenance fee?

Yeah, have to doublecheck in the type of title. Maintenance was RM100 per month but this year increased to RM130. Still relatively low compared to newer developments.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Base on the fee you mention, i think it should be individual title. If is strata title house, normally is more than RM300 up to Rm600 for a start. Congrats again if it is an individual title because there will be no constrain on the property you own.

Their cubhouse with pool and gym though within the premises is not included in the maintenance fees I believe. They use either memberhip where we pay membership fees yrly or pay per use which to me is more worth it.
Perhaps that is why maintenance fee is lower.
Have neighbours who rebuilt their houses totally though so perhaps it is individual title. Have to check.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their cubhouse with pool and gym though within the premises is not included in the maintenance fees I believe. They use either memberhip where we pay membership fees yrly or pay per use which to me is more worth it.
Perhaps that is why maintenance fee is lower.
Have neighbours who rebuilt their houses totally though so perhaps it is individual title. Have to check.

they might close the pool house soon.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Base on the fee you mention, i think it should be individual title. If is strata title house, normally is more than RM300 up to Rm600 for a start. Congrats again if it is an individual title because there will be no constrain on the property you own.

title is title based on the scheme approved to land office. nothing to do with fee. there are strata titled housing with approx +/- 150rm fee, has gym and pool. it's a mahsing project pulai perdana 2 (my colleague own one there).

Last edited:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine was also under Mah Sing. Dun think they will close down the pool house, still see quite a few people using it. Anyway, the pool is not very big and water is cheap there so maintaining it should not be too costly.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine was also under Mah Sing. Dun think they will close down the pool house, still see quite a few people using it. Anyway, the pool is not very big and water is cheap there so maintaining it should not be too costly.

err.. which project u buy? austin height, right?

austin height developer is detik hartamas, it's a homegrown developer. i've talk shop with the owner mr steve chong before a few time, very nice and humble guy. it is individual titled; it's good too. as long as landed is a safe buy in that area. your Semidee is very good buy since AH2 cluster already >900k. new semidee north of tebrau is already 1.3m.

you may lobby thru your RA to see if owners of AH want to keep the pool and the building cos that is now under the developer ownership. i heard they (developer) planning to give it up. the reason is as i mentioned before, the land is master title under developer until the individual titles are handed out, when the developer complete the project, the land (ie outside of the individual houses ie road, park, swimming pool building etc) actually officially should revert back to JB state, ie maintenance is by the town council.

the mah sing project is Austin Perdana. it's also a popular taman for jb'ians. for me, i felt austin height is nicer.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think the pool will close too. As long as got people used it, there is business income for the operator. This is the advantage of individual title. You pay when you use it. For strata title, you dont use also you have to pay.....pay through your nose!

that's the problem. there is not enough income. if evweryone staying in AH willing to pay another 120-130RM to keep the poolhouse, i'm sure the developer can find a solution by proposing to the JB town council to keep the poolhouse. that is why, if you want facilities, everyone must chip in. currently those FnG (ind. titled taman with guard) there are some who don't even want to pay for the guard. This is true! i've seen it in KL. the RA have to make a placard and hang on the front gate of those houses whom paid the security fee, and it's only 120RM. The sign reads something like "This house has paid the security fee for this year". some of the houses don't want to pay. So if you are the sort who want to pay for guard, but your neighbour don't want, will you be happy. with strata titled, each unit owner MUST pay. this is called community living. i think it is good - also more and more malaysian are now willing to pay for this kind of facilities and service.
of course i'm not saying individual titled is not good, but it is the traditional scheme. strata landed is getting more popular in KL now, in jb will come more and more. it is something for the future. imagine in future you stay in a taman got facilities, everything clean, well maintained. it is nice. i don't really trust town council to do a good job in malaysia, they are too understaffed.

Last edited:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure of the details but I too liked Austin Heights better than Austin Perdana.

Very glad my immediate neighbours are very friendly too, makes retiring there in future more pleasant. So different from some of my rather aloof Sg neighbours that I have met.

err.. which project u buy? austin height, right?

austin height developer is detik hartamas, it's a homegrown developer. i've talk shop with the owner mr steve chong before a few time, very nice and humble guy. it is individual titled; it's good too. as long as landed is a safe buy in that area. your Semidee is very good buy since AH2 cluster already >900k. new semidee north of tebrau is already 1.3m.

you may lobby thru your RA to see if owners of AH want to keep the pool and the building cos that is now under the developer ownership. i heard they (developer) planning to give it up. the reason is as i mentioned before, the land is master title under developer until the individual titles are handed out, when the developer complete the project, the land (ie outside of the individual houses ie road, park, swimming pool building etc) actually officially should revert back to JB state, ie maintenance is by the town council.

the mah sing project is Austin Perdana. it's also a popular taman for jb'ians. for me, i felt austin height is nicer.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure of the details but I too liked Austin Heights better than Austin Perdana.

Very glad my immediate neighbours are very friendly too, makes retiring there in future more pleasant. So different from some of my rather aloof Sg neighbours that I have met.

good buy. wish you the best staying there.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nice choice. You are intending to rent out? Do keep us updated on the rental amount! Will assist me to decide whether to sell on VP or to rent out..... Leaning towards selling, and channelling the proceeds back to SG to wait for durian.......haha

huihui

have one unit of 20x70 at seri austin lakeview to let go, gotten key 2 years ago but was unoccupied,well maintaice..anyone keen?hehe..

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice choice. You are intending to rent out? Do keep us updated on the rental amount! Will assist me to decide whether to sell on VP or to rent out..... Leaning towards selling, and channelling the proceeds back to SG to wait for durian.......haha

Will start looking for tenants once we get our title deed. Will update if I really get a tenant....but maybe in the Austin height thread...just realised I am on the wrong thread!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will start looking for tenants once we get our title deed. Will update if I really get a tenant....but maybe in the Austin height thread...just realised I am on the wrong thread!

Yah, Austin Heights is quite a nice place. Semi-d cluster for RM950K. Cant really go terribly wrong lah, esp as future retirement home.

Bruceli

Alfrescian
Loyal
seri austin residence apartment bumi lot released. the 1200+sqft unit at 570k.
almost like landed pricing