• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the best thing that completes the high desirability of this project is that we have a dedicated exit from the highway (EDL) that serves SC and SC only and connects us directly to the the guardhouse. Oh boy! How much more exclusive can you get? You don't find this kind of traffic arrangement either in the whole of Malaysia or Singapore! You really have to be a Sultan to enjoy this kind of privilege! Further, the highway that connects us from CIQ to our Guardhouse hasn't got a single traffic light in between which ensures uninterrupted driving, which really takes only 8 minutes. I have purposely timed it several times and it is really 8 minutes as claimed on the ads.

Is the info accurate? Besides EDL, I believe you have to pass through Permas Bridge right? I think Senibong Cove is a great project, but for me personally, I would prefer Straits View Residence over it. Nearer to Jusco Permas and more low-density with only 200 odd units.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. But problem with Straits View is that the road in is not very nice. Have to passthrough old estates before reaching the development. Also the view opposite is not too fantastic. A bit too near to the Sembwang Waste incinerator plants for me.

Just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone. The development is quite nice though. BRDB is quite a reputable developer.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. But problem with Straits View is that the road in is not very nice. Have to passthrough old estates before reaching the development. Also the view opposite is not too fantastic. A bit too near to the Sembwang Waste incinerator plants for me.

Just my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone. The development is quite nice though. BRDB is quite a reputable developer.

I think only 1 bro has Straits View? To me, both are great developments in the east, and super near to causeway. A matter of personal preference as to which development to choose.

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the info accurate? Besides EDL, I believe you have to pass through Permas Bridge right? I think Senibong Cove is a great project, but for me personally, I would prefer Straits View Residence over it. Nearer to Jusco Permas and more low-density with only 200 odd units.

Do have to pass thru a couple of bridges; don't know their names. But aren't they part of the continuous highway (EDL)? Straits View Residences houses themselves do look more beautiful. But as mentioned by the other brother, you have to pass through some not so well maintained housing estates and houses before reaching the development. That's is in fact the beauty of dedicated exit to Senibong Cove directly from the highway. You are kind of transported directly from Singapore to SC, bypassing almost every place thus not affected by them. And the waterfront feel is incomparable!

The only quarrel about SC's first phase houses is that the materials given are far from tip top though the workmanship and finish have nothing to complain about. I presume it is because when they first launched 3 years ago, the prices for the link/cluster, and Semi-D houses were priced at only around RM 0.5million and RM 0.8/0.9 million, which could not afford tip top materials, like marble/granite, top grade sanitary wares ( the later phases are now Australian pricing which should call for top materials. Nevertheless, the houses are of simple lines and aesthetic designs, with good workmanship which give you great resort feel. Just put a little sum for interior renovation if you like, and you would get very high-end feel.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup agree with that. Senibong cove problem was the materials for the phase one. But the general location is quite nice. Probably one of the few waterfront living available in Johor. Doesn't seem to be much competition for that type of living experience.

Furthermore with the Sembawang shipyard moving out its going to be an even more attractive option.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited Straits View Residences sales exhibition at Singapore Hilton few months ago.
From what I understand from the sales person , there are NO straits view at all. The views are blocked by bushes / trees.

Also , the sevice road leading to the estate is poor maintained and dark at night. Also , people go for seafood , famous nasi lemak , Permas Golf Club and Condo also share this service road from the main road.

From SC to Aeon also very fast , just exit from SC entrance and drive around 1 KM and make an U-Turn at the 1st traffic light junction .

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited Straits View Residences sales exhibition at Singapore Hilton few months ago.
From what I understand from the sales person , there are NO straits view at all. The views are blocked by bushes / trees.

Also , the sevice road leading to the estate is poor maintained and dark at night. Also , people go for seafood , famous nasi lemak , Permas Golf Club and Condo also share this service road from the main road.

From SC to Aeon also very fast , just exit from SC entrance and drive around 1 KM and make an U-Turn at the 1st traffic light junction .

But strait view condo has good maint record.

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup agree with that. Senibong cove problem was the materials for the phase one. But the general location is quite nice. Probably one of the few waterfront living available in Johor. Doesn't seem to be much competition for that type of living experience.

Furthermore with the Sembawang shipyard moving out its going to be an even more attractive option.

In fact, even with the scene of the ships there, we feel it makes the whole scenery even more picturesque. My wife is an artist; she in fact hopes that they don't move away the shipyard and the ships. It adds colours to the whole environment. Ha ha! Don't scold us for hoping like that. Even the 2 little huts at the mangrove swamp make the whole scenery so rustic, especially the day when it was drizzling during our visit.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
SC is sandwiched between 2 large tracts of land owned by Mah Sing and Tropicana respectively, both established developers. Depending on how you look at it, it could mean more congestion down the road (literally and figuratively), but it could also mean scope for price appreciation once these tracts are developed in time. SC itself is still very much work in progress with the commercial segment still some way from being launched.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
SC is sandwiched between 2 large tracts of land owned by Mah Sing and Tropicana respectively, both established developers. Depending on how you look at it, it could mean more congestion down the road (literally and figuratively), but it could also mean scope for price appreciation once these tracts are developed in time. SC itself is still very much work in progress with the commercial segment still some way from being launched.

Hopefully with the increase in population. It will drive more development in the eastern region.

Any further improvement in the river quality? The last time I went there the water was still black in colour. Dunno why the reason for it. Issit pollution upstream? Apparently there are factories around that area. Any plans for improvement?

This is a problem with Senibong. The river takes some work.

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully with the increase in population. It will drive more development in the eastern region.

Any further improvement in the river quality? The last time I went there the water was still black in colour. Dunno why the reason for it. Issit pollution upstream? Apparently there are factories around that area. Any plans for improvement?

This is a problem with Senibong. The river takes some work.

It's largely due to the discharge by Super not far away at upstream over the many years. Their first task was to take away the smell over the last 3 years after acquiring the site, which they managed to a large extent except during low tide. As for water quality, it is a on-going process with some funding and is expected to take another 8 years to clean it completely.

And the water in the canal home is drawn from the same river rather than the sea which is really a put off. Otherwise, it is indeed very nice.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info.

8 years to Improve the waterways? That's a bit too long. Hopefully it will come materialise.
But for the price its probably ok so long as the smell is ok.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know whether residue from sand blasting activities from Sembawang or Pasir Gudang shipyards is an issue aroubd these development/s?

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's largely due to the discharge by Super not far away at upstream over the many years. Their first task was to take away the smell over the last 3 years after acquiring the site, which they managed to a large extent except during low tide. As for water quality, it is a on-going process with some funding and is expected to take another 8 years to clean it completely.

And the water in the canal home is drawn from the same river rather than the sea which is really a put off. Otherwise, it is indeed very nice.

Is that right? Thanks for the enlightenment. My ignorant mind until now thought that since there was a mangrove swamp around, it was the m&d that made the colour of the river like that LOL. So it's the Super Coffee mix. Wonder if it's drinkable. Ha ha! Then I guess it is a matter of spending money (don't know how much) to filter and clear the water, which must be doable. If Singapore can literally turn toilet water into clear drinking water, this must be technically possible.

There is no foul smell though even during low tide or rainy days. Only natural mangrove swamp aroma.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that right? Thanks for the enlightenment. My ignorant mind until now thought that since there was a mangrove swamp around, it was the m&d that made the colour of the river like that LOL. So it's the Super Coffee mix. Wonder if it's drinkable. Ha ha! Then I guess it is a matter of spending money (don't know how much) to filter and clear the water, which must be doable. If Singapore can literally turn toilet water into clear drinking water, this must be technically possible.

There is no foul smell though even during low tide or rainy days. Only natural mangrove swamp aroma.

SC is very nice indeed whenever I drive past. Just one question, will there be mosquito problem in such surroundings?

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
SC is very nice indeed whenever I drive past. Just one question, will there be mosquito problem in such surroundings?

Oh, haven't stayed there yet and haven't visited it at night! But it is by the sea, which normally is quite OK. Of course one or two mosquitoes you must expect. Even in Singapore if you stay at landed properties, there would be some mosquitoes. We are in the tropics!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, haven't stayed there yet and haven't visited it at night! But it is by the sea, which normally is quite OK. Of course one or two mosquitoes you must expect. Even in Singapore if you stay at landed properties, there would be some mosquitoes. We are in the tropics!

How much is the maintenance monthly? Issit expensive?