• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sell you high properties price pigeon hole and migrate

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
With re-sale HDB 4 room hitting 675,000, time to sell and migrate?

Assuming you are near retirement age and have young school going children and you are not eligible for any of the usual criteria to immigrate. And, you do not want to invest in a business, just retires but at the same time provide the avenues for your children to escape from this bloody country. That is, you have a sum of money in excess, which you can use to assure the host you are not there to plunder their tax payer money.

Anybody have done that, can share your experience or any pointer would be greatly appreciated.

There is a solution for you, instead of calling it a "migration" which you do not qualify (or is it you haven't think of a good lobang to break the rules ?), how about arriving with a long term visa ? In Aust, I think you can easily obtain 1 yr visa.

To create alternative path for your children.. 1st, you or children have to land the country. So who starts the journey ? If you do not qualify.. you may like to get your kids over 1st.. make sure you have more than 50% of children in Australia, in order to get you over.. let them enjoy for a few yrs.. party.. and to find a partner.

I have a HK ex-classmate did the same ~ in an 'express' way.. married with a citizen(formerly frm GuangZhou).. 3yrs no children.. now divorced... happily brought parents over.. and a 'new' wife from HK.. They have a son.

Yes the above marriage could be a 'scam'... but mission accomplished !
:biggrin::rolleyes::wink::p:smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going rate for a "marriage scam to Australia" in Vietnam is around 100K USD. Depending on the quality of the girl and your own "status" in Australia. This was like last year when AUD was at its lowest against the green backs. Its possible that you can ask for more now.

Seems like the Vietnamese has been practicing this sort of "migration" for some time. I was shocked when my Vietnamese colleague told me this. How he or his friends could go to Vietnam, and the girl's family are willing to pay 100K USD to him just to get him to bring the girl to Australia. He also warned that the girl would try her best to have sex with you and get herself pregnant. So that you won't "dump" her once the transaction is "completed" so to speak. I also hear similar deals that could be made for PRCs in Shanghai, Beijing. Wahahahah, in Singapore you get shits from the Ah neh and Ah Tiong, being a PR in Australia you get to pick your bride from Vietnam and PRCs.

There is a solution for you, instead of calling it a "migration" which you do not qualify (or is it you haven't think of a good lobang to break the rules ?), how about arriving with a long term visa ? In Aust, I think you can easily obtain 1 yr visa.

To create alternative path for your children.. 1st, you or children have to land the country. So who starts the journey ? If you do not qualify.. you may like to get your kids over 1st.. make sure you have more than 50% of children in Australia, in order to get you over.. let them enjoy for a few yrs.. party.. and to find a partner.

I have a HK ex-classmate did the same ~ in an 'express' way.. married with a citizen(formerly frm GuangZhou).. 3yrs no children.. now divorced... happily brought parents over.. and a 'new' wife from HK.. They have a son.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Sounds a bit desperado to take this route.:wink:

I have looked at the other options, retirement visa which I can't take my children along :( or the investor visa option ( NZ ), which need around nz$ 1.5 million, still looking at the details.

The other alternative, if I send my children to Oz for their higher tertiary education and I join them through retirement visa? Will this work?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like it could. I'm not familiar with the retirement visa so can't comment much on that. Again, please check with a migration agent on the rules and regulations. As for tertiary education for your children, check out the Australian high comm, at napier road. Its near RGS as well.
http://www.singapore.embassy.gov.au/sing/study.html

I remember going there checking out information on studying in Australia. There are also consultants there that could help you decide what studies to go for etc.

You would be paying full-fees as an overseas student. Please take into account the uni fees you would incur, I suppose the good thing about this is that you would be there when they are studying uni. How old are your kids now, if you don't mind me asking? If they are finishing O's, they could "skip" doing A's before coming to Aust via foundation studies. These are one year program setup by the university to bridge the gap between O and A levels. Think of it as an A-level equivalent, but you would be doing that in Australia instead. Also plan for NS obligations as well. Thats a big hassle that can trip people up.

http://www.ufy.unsw.edu.au/

I did the UNSW foundation studies. There are other foundation courses provided by other uni as well.

Another thing, if your kids wants to remain and work in Australia after graduation, they need to graduate in a course that is part of the skilled migration list. This list may change by the time your kids graduated and there is a risk they may not be able to stay in Australia because of that. Check out the skilled migration visa and its rules for graduates. Its been a long time since I've looked at it, but the rules are definitely stricter now compared to when I applied for PR after my graduation.

Stick with Tafe or reputable Universities. There is a big scandal going on now with the private collages. The list for skilled migration includes Hairdressers, plumbers as well. I've known of cases where PRCs, ah nehs came to study here via these private collages as apprentices hoping that they could apply for PR after getting their Diplomas. The recent news is that several of these private collages closed down and these students have nowhere else to go.

I have looked at the other options, retirement visa which I can't take my children along :( or the investor visa option ( NZ ), which need around nz$ 1.5 million, still looking at the details.

The other alternative, if I send my children to Oz for their higher tertiary education and I join them through retirement visa? Will this work?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Thanks again for the pointers.

Good to be aware that there are courses you can stay on and not others. Haven't got a clue of this, thanks.

Yes, my kid just finish O Level this year and the other still have couple of years to go. However I am not quite ready yet, probably she will go through poly then proceed from there, at the same time the younger one will finish O Level ( boy though). To defer NS obligation, I wonder if the sum still stood at S$70,000? Yes, this could be my stumbling block. Will need to go through this more carefully.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, if you can afford to send her after O's do it. Don't wait till after Poly. I know there are a lot of Sinkies that believes that going through Poly rather then to an overseas university is a better option. However, think of the bigger picture as well. Its true you can get partial credit for the diploma, you save some money by not spending for a full 3-4 years. The universities here are different from Singapore. I'll give you a couple of examples. I've seen Poly students in my university struggle after they entered at the 2nd-3rd year. I've asked them why this is so? They said I had the advantage of starting from the first year. Knowing how to "study" properly in the Australian environment. Its different from studying in Poly. Because of this and because they have been doing the same thing in Poly, they have a very bad attitude in doing their assignments and copying off each others. They would usually take notes down during lectures then copy each other notes on top of that, thinking the more notes they copy, the better grades they can get. I just sit down at lecture, listen, print out the notes provided by the lecturer if I want to, then go back and do other things. During exams I'm the least stressed compared to them, but most of the time I outscore them. There was another time, when a sinkie doing Masters in another university asked me how he could go about doing an assignment. I looked at it, told him I would give him the solution tomorrow, finished the solution in a couple of hours then emailed and went to sleep. The next day he printed out the program and came to ask me how the program works. Universities here do not spoon-feed or stress its students at all. It requires that you think outside the box more then in Singapore. You can do as little or as much work as you want. But at the end of the day it is the analytical, problem solving skills its looking for. The faster you get your child off the Singapore education system, the less damage, the more he/she will get used to the life style, culture here.

Please consider these carefully, I've been through Singapore's education system, and has seen the damage it can do to a person.

I think I've rant on enough, I'll stress again, if your financial circumstances permits do consider sending your child after O's instead.

PS: You are very lucky to have so many children, sigh, I wish I have a family now.

Good to be aware that there are courses you can stay on and not others. Haven't got a clue of this, thanks.

Yes, my kid just finish O Level this year and the other still have couple of years to go. However I am not quite ready yet, probably she will go through poly then proceed from there, at the same time the younger one will finish O Level ( boy though). To defer NS obligation, I wonder if the sum still stood at S$70,000? Yes, this could be my stumbling block. Will need to go through this more carefully.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

$75,000 to be exact.

i dont think you can use this tactics of getting your son to secure a PR thru' university education. immi dept have seen thru' this loopholes years ago. But dont let me discourage you. try it and see for yourself.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

You got an answer for yourself ! It is important to let them take the study route... read the types of visa applicable for you or them.. always remember to work around it... not against it..

There is no absolute 'guarantee' whatever ya doing.. importantly, no venture no gain..