• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Seems like recession is coming soon.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
this economic recession is going to be a BIG ONE.

however, my thought is Singapore is going to ride through this tough times with a breeze, as it's reserves is large enough to finance the people.

besides that, 80 percent of Singaporeans are working in Government Linked Coys, Government, Education Sectors,Healthcare Services, Military, Weapons Industries, and other industries that are somehow linked to Singapore Government... so, if no sales, just use AH KONG's money to sustain the people, and the people can still buy food, daily essentials, and pay their mortgages via CPF.

The only money outflow is via imports of essentials like food, and daily essentials.

So, during bad times, just spend less, and watch TV more, play computer games more, cook at home more, eat at hawker center more, don't eat at restaurants, or go expensive holidays...

Those friends who are in the 20pct of the private industries would feel the full effects of the market forces. So if you are not in the Government Linked sectors, but is in the private sector, you will feel the effects... all luxury goods are feeling the strain now... if you still remember the elasticity of demand http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/elasticity-of-demand.html
Those LUXURIOUS GOODS that is not a MUST HAVE, it's just a whim industry, will just see the full effects. If you look around, you should see some Luxurious items selling at discounts.

Already in China, their cars are given a huge discounts of 17.5% to 20% due to Market Contraction in Car Sales in China...

It's going to be a big one... if anyone who know how to play short sell, this is the time!

Already Indonesia Market is declining, and Malaysia Market is declining, if you see the world stocks market, it's also declining at a fast rate... oil prices are hovering at USD 44 +/- per crude barrel, and just now goldman and sachs says that it may hit USD 20!!!

China is already in recession!!! manufacturing is declining at the lowest rate! since 30 years ago!

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you all very pessimistic. central banks will be around to prevent it from happening. if there is recession, they will lose their jobs. the most is slow down, i anticipate.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you all very pessimistic. central banks will be around to prevent it from happening. if there is recession, they will lose their jobs. the most is slow down, i anticipate.

if they are able to print money to avoid recession. us would be having great economy by now. there are more and more people depending on food stamps.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
this economic recession is going to be a BIG ONE.

however, my thought is Singapore is going to ride through this tough times with a breeze, as it's reserves is large enough to finance the people.

besides that, 80 percent of Singaporeans are working in Government Linked Coys, Government, Education Sectors,Healthcare Services, Military, Weapons Industries, and other industries that are somehow linked to Singapore Government... so, if no sales, just use AH KONG's money to sustain the people, and the people can still buy food, daily essentials, and pay their mortgages via CPF.

The only money outflow is via imports of essentials like food, and daily essentials.

So, during bad times, just spend less, and watch TV more, play computer games more, cook at home more, eat at hawker center more, don't eat at restaurants, or go expensive holidays...

Those friends who are in the 20pct of the private industries would feel the full effects of the market forces. So if you are not in the Government Linked sectors, but is in the private sector, you will feel the effects... all luxury goods are feeling the strain now... if you still remember the elasticity of demand http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/elasticity-of-demand.html
Those LUXURIOUS GOODS that is not a MUST HAVE, it's just a whim industry, will just see the full effects. If you look around, you should see some Luxurious items selling at discounts.

Already in China, their cars are given a huge discounts of 17.5% to 20% due to Market Contraction in Car Sales in China...

It's going to be a big one... if anyone who know how to play short sell, this is the time!

Already Indonesia Market is declining, and Malaysia Market is declining, if you see the world stocks market, it's also declining at a fast rate... oil prices are hovering at USD 44 +/- per crude barrel, and just now goldman and sachs says that it may hit USD 20!!!

China is already in recession!!! manufacturing is declining at the lowest rate! since 30 years ago!

80% of sinkies in civil service?

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
80% of sinkies in civil service?

Linked, and somehow related... check it out yourself. if you sell your products or services to a Government Entity, you are somehow linked to the Government Businesses.

For example, FAIRPRICE, is government owned right? Then you have properties developers which are also Government owned... Temasek Holdings employs alot of people, GIC as well, and if you can see how the matrix is related... I can place my bet that 80 percent of Singaporeans are actually working for the Government, Directly or Indirectly.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans will be riding through this Financial Crisis with a breeze... so, don't worry too much. Just live life as it is, don't panic... and don't stop or reduce spending, because during times like this, the people should be consuming more, not less, and this will ensure that the domestic economy of Singapore remains vibrant...

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans will be riding through this Financial Crisis with a breeze... so, don't worry too much. Just live life as it is, don't panic... and don't stop or reduce spending, because during times like this, the people should be consuming more, not less, and this will ensure that the domestic economy of Singapore remains vibrant...

can singaporeans survived with a sibor of 2.5-3%?

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal

s'pore is small country in the global world, the impact to be felt when there is slow down is minimal to what will be in China.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
can singaporeans survived with a sibor of 2.5-3%?

sure why not? 2.5 to 3 percent is not too bad compared to 0.25 pct FED RATES. Banks still make money with sibor 2.5 to 3 percent.

Singapore will surely feel the effects as it linked to global market trading... and oil at this low price, surely Singapore also kenna...

My view is that Singapore will still ride through, people will still have their jobs... and life still goes on... at a slower pace of course... just don't import more FTs, this will cause more problems in the job market.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
sure why not? 2.5 to 3 percent is not too bad compared to 0.25 pct FED RATES. Banks still make money with sibor 2.5 to 3 percent.

Singapore will surely feel the effects as it linked to global market trading... and oil at this low price, surely Singapore also kenna...

My view is that Singapore will still ride through, people will still have their jobs... and life still goes on... at a slower pace of course... just don't import more FTs, this will cause more problems in the job market.

banks make money but sinkies cannot tahan 2-3% sibor.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I am afraid you are not too clear about the abilities of the central banks. They do not have enough money when the big shit hits the fan. True fiat currencies can print, but there is the concern of massive devaluation and hyper inflation, which puts the ceiling of what is possible

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Consumption will taper especially in non essential things, which is good.... i need to buy some big ticket items next year. Sure got discount

A good defense os to switch your portfolio to stable counters like FMCG companies

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
s'pore is small country in the global world, the impact to be felt when there is slow down is minimal to what will be in China.

Singapore gains most of its GDP from exports. The big economies just sneeze and we will catch a fucking cold