• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

See alot of young kids learning Code

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't want to sound negative but it's a bit too late/ reactive. By the time they grow up, it's will be very difficult to be outstanding with coding. I don't understand why the education system/ parents are so reactive, they see people succeed in doing certain things then they follow. It's already too late. We should be proactive instead. We should allow kids to explore and do different things so they can slowly develop an interest in them and potentially do well in them.

Making kids go coding courses at a young age is no different from forcing kids to go tuition/ focusing on maths and science. This is why will lose out to India, a few decades ago they already focus on tech and it's affordable for them to learn it.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't want to sound negative but it's a bit too late/ reactive. By the time they grow up, it's will be very difficult to be outstanding with coding. I don't understand why the education system/ parents are so reactive, they see people succeed in doing certain things then they follow. It's already too late. We should be proactive instead. We should allow kids to explore and do different things so they can slowly develop an interest in them and potentially do well in them.

Making kids go coding courses at a young age is no different from forcing kids to go tuition/ focusing on maths and science. This is why will lose out to India, a few decades ago they already focus on tech and it's affordable for them to learn it.

Not true, your assessment I can share with you on this matter to enlighten you.

Coding script change too. Old scripts retires or depleted and new scripts created follows the new version of hardware of the devices...

Coding is getting easier to learn today than the beginning of x16 bit time. Today is x64 bit architecture base motherboard...

The codings use libraries and packages to save time for coders. These are plugins and consist of a line 'import xyz', that's it.

These libraries or packages are free source codes contributed by developers for anyone to use. A library can contains a lot of codings inside created by a developer.... but you just need to type 'import xyz' into your work... simple as in. you can find it in github.com

When a user visit your webage, these libraries are uploaded from the github.com to you PC or mobile phone memory ram... magic. When user leave the page, these libraries are deleted from the rams... magic..

If the kid learn one program, say python, he will know how to read other programs such as react, JS, PHP and so on...

All coding programs are structure to the same format like an apple don't fall far from its tree...

Get them to start off with C, C++, plenty of jobs for them to earn part money from young, saves parents giving them spending money for school bus fares and food...

C, C++ are the base codings of all coding programing.... apparently... a gold mine...

Ok.... want more info... support Sam give some of your spare changes in your poket or buy him a cup of coffee, Starbucks coffee is about $5 right...

Then I will enlightened more info...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Remember Philip Yeo shilling for life sciences which eventually was revealed to be a career path for washing test tubes? :biggrin:

Know thyself and what you want to do and ignore the herd. :cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why learn coding when you know piss and poop will import coders from rapist-land ?

So you can code for your ah neh boss while he eats snake in his office and cracks sex jokes in the pantry. And he goes home early while you OT until even the security guard change shift. :biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle hope those ter nao parents understand sending their little ter for coding lesson is just to test if their little ter can correct their parents nao in future and not to take coding as a career KNN my uncle started with zilog microprocessor assembly lang with C low level lang. This onlee set the basis to expand easilee to other codings :whistling: or rather to train the nao to think logicallee and easilee can land a Job .Name a job that my uncle cannot assume in the technology world- not that my uncle want to blow own trumpet here , ans is none becas he took up near all. After that you think sinkies want to be full time coder or leeverloper? How to fight with the world? For all you know My uncle apply it to break sg pool secret code KNN KNN :eek::whistling:

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

no use lah................PAP do all this for wayang lah....................all these IT jobs will go to FTs

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle hope those ter nao parents understand sending their little ter for coding lesson is just to test if their little ter can correct their parents nao in future and not to take coding as a career KNN my uncle started with zilog microprocessor assembly lang with C low level lang. This onlee set the basis to expand easilee to other codings :whistling: or rather to train the nao to think logicallee and easilee can land a Job .Name a job that my uncle cannot assume in the technology world- not that my uncle want to blow own trumpet here , ans is none becas he took up near all. After that you think sinkies want to be full time coder or leeverloper? How to fight with the world? For all you know My uncle apply it to break sg pool secret code KNN KNN :eek::whistling:
Blow trumpet continues ..
From os like unix to mpe to mainframe as400 San nas zoning mirroring split mirror high availability hw sw raid leedundancy to network ccna ccnp cisco router config all the way to data collectors mibs snmp to latest cloud aws etc my uncle chap jit kah no position that he can't assume onlee that after he became a wise men he think the best position is still a non contributor to a company aka orfid ambassador :sneaky: KNN KNN KNN

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Computer science was highly recommended in the dotcom bubble era. I know because I was made redundant.

20 years later. I'm back and still made redundant. Because I was unvaccinated.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blow trumpet continues ..
From os like unix to mpe to mainframe as400 San nas zoning mirroring split mirror high availability hw sw raid leedundancy to network ccna ccnp cisco router config all the way to data collectors mibs snmp to latest cloud aws etc my uncle chap jit kah no position that he can't assume onlee that after he became a wise men he think the best position is still a non contributor to a company aka orfid ambassador :sneaky: KNN KNN KNN

KNN

Chao Turtle asked learn codes for piaks?

Betterest study at Uptron Uni,
can becums VP of bank,
stay $1M condom, etc

Or, lazy study,
just collect cardboards
Likey @glockman
can becums
multi Trillionaire
Stays in villa and mansion in
Sentosa Cove,
owned a super yacht,
OWns a few Bmws, Benz,
BendLey, etc.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you can code for your ah neh boss while he eats snake in his office and cracks sex jokes in the pantry. And he goes home early while you OT until even the security guard change shift. :biggrin:
Your narrative getting funny and tekkan him well... great...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Send me a link to see the module content what they learning...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suggest the school jump into python coding to get into data analysis, machine learning, natural language processingNLP, big data, logistic regression, linear regression and so on...

Start with basic python codings, simple to learn is like learning to write simple English sentences....

Then group them into each group learn one of the above and then round the Robbins table... end up they teach each others what they learn last time....

It's s fun... end up daddy and mama also got excited and learn along with them... can see many utube videos to learn more...

These modules can go work in Google in the NLP natural language processing.

Each module has their own set of standard codes and script, no big deal, may end up parents can change jobs work for Google's.... hahaha or work in Fintech....

These are hot potatoes courses current and in demand. Then proceed to Financial analysis and algorithmic trading in Python in stock market...

Lucky parents get rich or change jobs work in stock market companies.... huat ah....

Learning IT in coding without objective, target market and follow trend will make students lose interest.

When I decide to learn python, get bored and find where Python is used morev in IT ... the Fintech used all python codes....

.... and boom here I am play stock market using python codes...

Learn the python basic become understand it more, flip back and forward learn both together at the same time...

Hope this help....

Want to know more from me, please give your small change in your pocket to support Sam. Or buy him a Starbuck coffee $5 only, to support him... thanks...

Last edited:

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest the school jump into python coding to get into data analysis, machine learning, natural language processingNLP, big data, logistic regression, linear regression and so on...

Start with basic python codings, simple to learn is like learning to write simple English sentences....

Then group them into each group learn one of the above and then round the Robbins table... end up they teach each others what they learn last time....

It's s fun... end up daddy and mama also got excited and learn along with them... can see many utube videos to learn more...

These modules can go work in Google in the NLP natural language processing.

Each module has their own set of standard codes and script, no big deal, may end up parents can change jobs work for Google's.... hahaha or work in Fintech....

These are hot potatoes courses current and in demand. Then proceed to Financial analysis and algorithmic trading in Python in stock market...

Lucky parents get rich or change jobs work in stock market companies.... huat ah....

Learning IT in coding without objective, target market and follow trend will make students lose interest.

When I decide to learn python, get bored and find where Python is used morev in IT ... the Fintech used all python codes....

.... and boom here I am play stock market using python codes...

Learn the python basic become understand it more, flip back and forward learn both together at the same time...

Hope this help....

Want to know more from me, please give your small change in your pocket to support Sam. Or buy him a Starbuck coffee $5 only, to support him... thanks...
I'm made redundant by mom. Any by idea how to get into software without any experience? I'm a java graduate.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Codeing is the kanguage of the future.
Students should be given a option to either learn another language, do codeing, learn music or craft work snd cooking.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Java is similar to C using void keyword...

Go learn C first than finish with C++. Plenty of jobs available looking for C and C++ developers...

Coding structures are the same, variables, function, function call, iteration, condition and operators...

Shd be easy for you to pick up these courses easily...

1. Go to udemy.com site.
2. Subscribe and wait for their discount offer of up to 80% per course from their email.... full course....
3. Plenty of courses to choose from.

If you want to change career... bang... Python to go.... Fintech to go... or
Be Data Science analysis and machine learning ....

can work for Google NLP department....
I know a young man work in Google as Data science Analysis in silicon Valley, salary US$120k... as NLP developer sorting billions of data and use algorithm to sort out word you want.... given shares of Google... no degree but self trained from online course...

Lawyers use NLP to sort for words in the case libraries to get info to fight in court for clients... power man...

Never look into Java, apparently....

Infact many Computer science graduates have zero coding experience or know to code. Recently it is a must to learn to code... Java or Python, I think...

Apparently this software coding industry keep opening up new industry very hard to see the trend moving... current top program to learn is Python... no. 1.

and drones use python to fly...

The udemy.com IT courses can get 80% discounted prices. What I did was just buy various courses say for $13 to $27 and start learn them.

I have In my PC
1. JS
2. React,
3. Python,
4. PHP,
5.MYSQL,
6. Vue,
7. Ethical Hacking $100 but is worth $900... crazy sales...
8. Cyber security
9. Data analysis and algo trading
9.1 Data science and machine learning...
10. MERN
11. Flutter from Google
12. HMTL5
13. Apparently no Java... not popular with developers recommendation...

And alot more.... this is a small price to pay as investment to get into IT world...

Finally, all software coding structures are the same.... an Apple don't fall far from its tree...

Hope this helps, if you cld spare some loose change buy Sam a cup of Starbuck coffee to support this site...