• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP, forums, strategy and its future

siaosdp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop trying to sow discord again lah, we know you are a SPH/PAP agent.

I thought you said you have INSIDER INFO that Gecko has passed away, how come she is still alive and kicking ??

Where the HELL did you get your INFO ??

You are obviously a flame baiter to lure forumers out !

PLease lah. Cannot win in the forum and have to resort in all these nonsense. That is what happen when you lick your master balls too much and dunno how to perform. What a loser.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
the moron old faggot BobDog

wow! where do u learn about DISCORDS SOWING? what brand of fertiliser u apply?:rolleyes:

unemployed parasite old fart faggot fake monk PAP dog Bob Sim Kheng Hwee,

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, all rolled into one!

you're a fucking HYPOCRITE of the highest order!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am with you. Credit to the opposition parties that they have cooperated very well in the past. They have avoided 3 corner fights, respected each other's stomping ground and even on rally sites. I am given to understand that during GE, they come together like a family and the common enemy is the PAP.

I think Goh Meng Seng said it quite well. More important is the unity with the people.

The nagging question I have about the SDP is this. They are for opposition unity, they are not for mergers yet are not for just stopping at avoiding 3-corner fights.

I guess the proposal would then be somewhere in between, like an alliance. They spoke about Malaysia's Pakatan, so I think I am not too out of point.

The question then is, why do they not join the SDA? That is the only umbrella of opposition we all know. I remember they were the only one other than the WP that rejected joining the SDA when it was formed.

Other opposition parties like WP who did not join the SDA does not seem to believe in working with other opposition. Time will tell if they are correct or wrong but at least I don't discern a level of hypocrisy. WP can be at most called arrogant, but not hypocritical.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Goh Meng Seng said it quite well. More important is the unity with the people.

The nagging question I have about the SDP is this. They are for opposition unity, they are not for mergers yet are not for just stopping at avoiding 3-corner fights.

I guess the proposal would then be somewhere in between, like an alliance. They spoke about Malaysia's Pakatan, so I think I am not too out of point.

The question then is, why do they not join the SDA? That is the only umbrella of opposition we all know. I remember they were the only one other than the WP that rejected joining the SDA when it was formed.

Other opposition parties like WP who did not join the SDA does not seem to believe in working with other opposition. Time will tell if they are correct or wrong but at least I don't discern a level of hypocrisy. WP can be at most called arrogant, but not hypocritical.

has it occurred that SDP shall drag down the opp party if it is linked to it? the allied opp party would be kept busy bailing them out of jail than doing more constructive things.

SDP has become a serious liability ever since chee usurped the throne fr cst. the GE results have proven that and their ever increasing public notoriety is causing more damage than good to other opp parties.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
calling for opposition unity is different from merging opposition into one party.

Opposition unity is needed to work in harmony towards the same cause / aim..(i.e. to win more seats from the ruling party)..

Thanks La Mei for expressing what i had been trying to say all along.

Scroobal, i want to clarify that i do not think that opposition should be living as a family but rather given the lack of resources and the challenges thrown at them by the PAP, the opposition parties need to capitalize on harmonizing with the same cause and avoid dissipating their energies on fruitless quarrels or grudges.

Perspective and Ramseth, whilst i understand your points about myraid political parties, i would hold to my own position.

In your views as practising politicians, you feel that it is not neccessary.

In my view as a voter, but only one voter, i feel that it will get my vote.

If 6% of voters feel this way, then this type of unity may get that elusive GRC.

Otherwise the status quo remains in the next election with each party trumpeting their own legitamacy, with the PAP keeping Hougang intact (based on unchanged electoral boundaries and voters' composition) because they trust LTK's style of opposition and with the remaining opposition continuing to lose seats.

Again as practising politicians, you may feel that it is the whole unfair system, people are sinkies and a host of other reasons.

Every reason except your own parties' positioning to the voters.

There is no right or wrong in this. Only disagreement or agreement.

For this case, i disagree that the opposition parties can afford this luxury of diversity and independence.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Usually political alliance come together when it is time to form govt or create an influential voting block in parliament. This where strange bedfellows and politics come together.

Its difficult to bridge gaps when ideology, strategy and personaltiies differ.

I can understand why SDP and WP would not want to join SDA and SDA is also not looking for these 2 to join. SDA setup will also not accommodate mainstream parties in view of one man holding veto powers.

There is also the concern that coming together for forums might be taken as an endorsement of the views and approaches of the majority of the speakers or the organiser.

If you watch the audience participation during Q&A at the recent SDP organised function, the thrust was not on unity of opposition, but more on how best to beat the PAP.

Its like asking your neighbours to chip in to buy a bigger bungalow with lots of land. It aint going to happen.

One speaker eventually had to backtrack on the forum theme during Q&A when it became apparent that it was a mistake.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am with you. Credit to the opposition parties that they have cooperated very well in the past. They have avoided 3 corner fights, respected each other's stomping ground and even on rally sites. I am given to understand that during GE, they come together like a family and the common enemy is the PAP.

Some see it as unity.

Others see it as self-preservation.

Whichever the case, continue with it outside of the Election.

Otherwise it is the same show to the voters:
  • PAP coming out with incentives
  • PAP starting to hear
  • Opposition rhetoric inside and out of Parliament becoming audible
  • Messages against the PAP proliferate
  • Voters getting excited about the once-in-5-years entertainment
And then it goes back to the same grind:

• PAP ignoring the citizens
  • Oppositions becoming territorial once again
  • Voters slip back to their quiet lives

Perhaps the most important factor is to ask if this sort of cooperation has been in use for the past 3 elections?

If so, to what results?

But the politicians may say that the primary failure lies in other areas.

If so, can you change those areas?

My opinion:

What is the main failure point?

Voters do not trust the oppositions enough to vote for them.

So what can the oppositions do to increase such trust?

Will a common voice, a single message help?

I feel strongly that it will.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually political alliance come together when it is time to form govt or create an influential voting block in parliament. This where strange bedfellows and politics come together.

I can understand why SDP and WP would not want to join SDA and SDA is also not looking for these 2 to join. SDA setup will also not accommodate mainstream parties in view of one man holding veto powers.

There is also the concern that coming together for forums might be taken as an endorsement of the views and approaches of the majority of the speakers or the organiser.

If you watch the audience participation during Q&A at the recent SDP organised function, the thrust was not on unity of opposition, but more on how best to beat the PAP.

Its like asking your neighbours to chip in to buy a bigger bungalow with lots of land. It aint going to happen.

One speaker eventually had to backtrack on the forum theme during Q&A when it became apparent that it was a mistake.

And it is because of all these practical matters that i no longer feel that opposition unity other than in areas of self-preservation is possible.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some see it as unity.

Others see it as self-preservation.

Whichever the case, continue with it outside of the Election.

Otherwise it is the same show to the voters:
  • PAP coming out with incentives
  • PAP starting to hear
  • Opposition rhetoric inside and out of Parliament becoming audible
  • Messages against the PAP proliferate
  • Voters getting excited about the once-in-5-years entertainment
And then it goes back to the same grind:

• PAP ignoring the citizens
  • Oppositions becoming territorial once again
  • Voters slip back to their quiet lives

Perhaps the most important factor is to ask if this sort of cooperation has been in use for the past 3 elections?

If so, to what results?

But the politicians may say that the primary failure lies in other areas.

If so, can you change those areas?

My opinion:

What is the main failure point?

Voters do not trust the oppositions enough to vote for them.

So what can the oppositions do to increase such trust?

Will a common voice, a single message help?

I feel strongly that it will.

I strongly agree with your observations. As a voter, this is what I will most likely think.

However, are the oppositions doing enough to know what we voters are thinking, and hence tweak their party visions to match the expectations of the votes?

This is the MAIN reason why they are unable to capture more seats in the parliament. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perspective and Ramseth, whilst i understand your points about myraid political parties, i would hold to my own position.

In your views as practising politicians, you feel that it is not neccessary.

In my view as a voter, but only one voter, i feel that it will get my vote.

If 6% of voters feel this way, then this type of unity may get that elusive GRC.

A SDP voter would vote for SDP regardless of whether SDP "unite" with othres or not. A WP voter would vote for WP regardless of whether WP "unite" with others or not. An anti-PAP voter would simply vote for any party regardless of which. Add that all up together, opposition still lose.

The battleground is where there're PAP voters to be won over. Some may be won over by the SDP, some may be won over by the WP, some may be won over over the SDA, some maybe won over the NSP etc.

At this time when even all of the opposition parties combined couldn't contest all of the seats, the "unity" I see needed are 3 points:

1. Dig in each own terrorities and avoid 3-cornered fights;

2. Stop infighting but fight against the battle in each own ways.

3. Stop focusing on differences in ways, focus on the battle.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
A SDP voter would vote for SDP regardless of whether SDP "unite" with othres or not. A WP voter would vote for WP regardless of whether WP "unite" with others or not. An anti-PAP voter would simply vote for any party regardless of which. Add that all up together, opposition still lose.

The battleground is where there're PAP voters to be won over. Some may be won over by the SDP, some may be won over by the WP, some may be won over over the SDA, some maybe won over the NSP etc.

At this time when even all of the opposition parties combined couldn't contest all of the seats, the "unity" I see needed are 3 points:

1. Dig in each own terrorities and avoid 3-cornered fights;

2. Stop infighting but fight against the battle in each own ways.

3. Stop focusing on differences in ways, focus on the battle.

when chee falls into the longkang, sdppies would say that he's taking a dip to cool off the heat and the whole bunch would just jump in with chee.

that's the sheep herding attitude of chee n his obssessed followers. one of the reasons we do not see any improvement in SDP.:rolleyes:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Much of what you wrote match my sentiments exactly.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
who will bail old faggot BobDog?

allied opp party would be kept busy bailing them out of jail than doing more constructive things

temple thief, swindler, fraudster, cheat, con-artist, liar, hypocrite, deceiver, all rolled into one!

Gay illicit activities:

Penal Code Section 377A states, “Any male person who, in public or private, commits, or abets the commission of, or procures or attempts to procure the commission by any male person of, any act of gross indecency with another male person, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years.”

Cheating:

Whoever, by deceiving any person, fraudulently or dishonestly induces the person so deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to consent that any person shall retain any property, or intentionally induces the person so deceived to do or omit to do anything which he or she would not do or omit if he or she were not so deceived, and which act or omission causes or is likely to cause damage or harm to that person in body, mind, reputation or property, is said to "cheat". For example, A cheats if he intentionally deceives Z into a belief that A means to repay any money that Z may lend to him when A does not intend to repay it, and thereby dishonestly induces Z to lend him money. Cheating is punished with imprisonment of up to one year, or a fine, or both.

Father bashing:

Voluntarily causing hurt – A person causes hurt when he or she causes bodily pain, disease or infirmity to any person. Whoever does any act with the intention of causing hurt to any person, or with the knowledge that he is likely to cause hurt to any person, and does cause hurt to any person, voluntarily causes hurt. The penalty for voluntarily causing hurt is imprisonment of up to one year, or a fine of up to S$1,000, or both.

Theft of Temple Funds:

Theft is committed when a person, intending to take dishonestly any movable property out of the possession of any person without that person’s consent, moves that property in order to effect the taking. The penalty for theft is imprisonment of up to three years, or a fine, or both. It is more common, however, for offenders to be charged with committing theft in a building, tent or vessel, which is used as a human dwelling, or for the custody of property. The penalty for this more serious offense is imprisonment of up to seven years, and also a fine.

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
will roland's team will pick old faggot BobDog fat ugly body from the longkang

when chee falls into the longkang, sdppies would say that he's taking a dip to cool off the heat and the whole bunch would just jump in with chee.

did you arrange roland's team to pick up your ugly fat corpse from the longkang @ blk 171 Stirling Road

after you jumped from the 9th storey?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's an old thread. Lamei and me have since long ago reached a mutual understanding.

You have elephant's memory and dinosaur's archives. Well well.

Eat shit or stir shit, that's your problem. Carry on, keep stirring and keep eating.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's an old thread. Lamei and me have since long ago reached a mutual understanding.

You have elephant's memory and dinosaur's archives. Well well.

Eat shit or stir shit, that's your problem. Carry on, keep stirring and keep eating.

so u finally get to eat her dried up abalone is it? :p

she avoids u like a plague. please wait up ur FXXKing blain!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You told me Lamei me avoided like a plague about 30 times over the past 3 years. (And yes, from time to time, I know it's true.)

You yold me Lamei said bad things about me about 60 times over the past 3 years. (Also yes, from time to time, I know it's true.)

"And it makes me wonder" (quoting Led Zeppelin lyrics from Stairway To Heaven), what has it got to do with you anyway?

Go on, keep repeating. Whether my brains wake up or not, it's my problem. Take care of your own brains.

Last edited:

SEOConJob

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow! leetahbar, you are making more and more friends! How's the short and fat conman who wants to take over Tampines GRC and the agent K also known as Chicken Head?:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You told me Lamei me avoided like a plague about 30 times over the past 3 years. (And yes, from time to time, I know it's true.)

You yold me Lamei said bad things about me about 60 times over the past 3 years. (Also yes, from time to time, I know it's true.)

"And it makes me wonder" (quoting Led Zeppelin lyrics from Stairway To Heaven), what has it got to do with you anyway?

Go on, keep repeating. Whether my brains wake up or not, it's my problem. Take care of your own brains.

your problem is MY problem. we are good friends, aren't we? dim sum with my li'l brother leetahsar? he brought u to cheapskate 1/2 priced ah yat, i bring u to WAH LUK if u know where it is:wink: