• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SDP Chee Calls For Press Conference Regarding Chiam's Expulsion From SDP!

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This unrepentant fellow! And now after he lost, he blames everyone except for himself.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is good suggestion to create a new party. It will be clean break.

So much problems, go start another Party and gve back the SDP to Mr Chiam, end of story. After all its not that SDP the name worth millions or billions. In the very first place, why did these two join forces i wonder, Chiam x Chee?

Evangelion

Alfrescian
Loyal
So long as he stays in the SDP, the 'link' that he kicked out CST will always linger in the mindsets of most Singaporean simpletons. And these simpletons are the majority. He might be better off handing the party back to CST, form his own party while publicly (with joint statements from both sides) that they have reconciled formally and now they would work together for the good of the opposition

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Today I log on for the first time in days, and already two threads make me fucking mad. This is the 2nd thread so far. (NOTE: I am not directing my anger at the TS, I am directing it at Chee Soon Juan).

What is Chee Soon Juan trying to accomplish? This matter has been rehashed so many bloody times, I'm getting extremely tired of it. Chee has suffered for two decades because of the Chiam fall out; he has had two full decades to clarify, to seek humble and sincere reconciliation. Instead he spend most of his time prior to GE 2011 engaging in acts of public disturbance in an attempt to be Singapore's MLK.

The more he speaks, the more he will muddy the waters, and the more Chiam's wife will be egged to retaliate. This is will never end well - there can be no reconciliation because Chee Soon Juan has blown all the chances he ever had over the last two decades.

What makes me pissed is that besides WP, we urgently need a 3rd opposition party to fill up the spaces that WP alone can't fill, and SDP is a position where it can potentially play that role, along with one or two of the smaller parties like SingFirst and Chiam's party. Chee is squandering all of that by insisting on rehashing this decades old saga.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is good suggestion to create a new party. It will be clean break.

yes, start another one call Pee Acton Party and lighting symbol upside down. the old folks will be so dumb they would vote for a cactus which is the candidate running against the FAP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just had time to sit down and see the video. The reporters questions had both he and John Tan painting themselves into a corner. Was Chiam offered a ceremonial position? etc

This is what will transpire. SDP as Chee stated will use the social media to "set the record straight" in the next few days. The press will wait for him to finish digging the hole and then bury him with their own analyses of how the whole incident of Chiam's ouster occurred by providing the context. They will then write an op-ed piece on why Chee did this and why it will backfire.

Not a bright move by any means.

Today I log on for the first time in days, and already two threads make me fucking mad. This is the 2nd thread so far. (NOTE: I am not directing my anger at the TS, I am directing it at Chee Soon Juan).

What is Chee Soon Juan trying to accomplish? This matter has been rehashed so many bloody times, I'm getting extremely tired of it. Chee has suffered for two decades because of the Chiam fall out; he has had two full decades to clarify, to seek humble and sincere reconciliation. Instead he spend most of his time prior to GE 2011 engaging in acts of public disturbance in an attempt to be Singapore's MLK.

The more he speaks, the more he will muddy the waters, and the more Chiam's wife will be egged to retaliate. This is will never end well - there can be no reconciliation because Chee Soon Juan has blown all the chances he ever had over the last two decades.

What makes me pissed is that besides WP, we urgently need a 3rd opposition party to fill up the spaces that WP alone can't fill, and SDP is a position where it can potentially play that role, along with one or two of the smaller parties like SingFirst and Chiam's party. Chee is squandering all of that by insisting on rehashing this decades old saga.

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just had time to sit down and see the video. The reporters questions had both he and John Tan painting themselves into a corner. Was Chiam offered a ceremonial position? etc

This is what will transpire. SDP as Chee stated will use the social media to "set the record straight" in the next few days. The press will wait for him to finish digging the hole and then bury him with their own analyses of how the whole incident of Chiam's ouster occurred by providing the context. They will then write an op-ed piece on why Chee did this and why it will backfire.

Not a bright move by any means.

The snowball was the offer to the Workers Party not to contest Punggol East with the offered reward of running the town council that started the avalanche that is burying him today?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even during the BB election, many were quietly questioning wats was Chee's real agenda for standing as a candidate? Mr T was the obvious choice, i tink Mr T wont last long wit Chee.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if there is any need to talk about this old issue so soon after BE.

But CSJ has something going for him just like JBJ. He now can have the claim of being a targeted man by PAP. This is very very valuable. Just he himself alone, he can garner publicity. In the internet world, we call it an asset.

Just imagine if GMS, or Desmond Lim or any less opposition figure calls for a press conference, who would want to give them any media time? None.

So for this valuable tag name, CSJ, pls use it wisely to further your dreams.

Secondly, CSJ tag has interesting dimensions to it. Not like Amos Yee or Roy Ngerng for that example- only one dimension that all will grow tired and cannot be bothered one day. For fellows such as them, they will grow disillusioned and will resort to bigger antics. What makes you think why Roy Ngerng and HHH so encouraged by their first campaign in Hong Lim with funds raised and yet discouraged by later campaigns with slowing support, resorted to outrageous means to get attention - they finally got nailed in court and guess what, now losing most of the goodwill initially garnered. When folks look back at their antics, they are seen as a bunch of jokers and true, they did behave like that.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chee was really stupid. Glad that BB voters mostly rejected him. The Chiam saga was over decades ago. Most voters today don't care about it and there is really no need to keep bringing it up, pretty much like most voters today don't care that Ah Gong was once a translator for the Japs. Unless it is really criminal, most voters care only about the present and how a particular candidate can help improve their lives.

Little wonder Chee keeps losing.

Evangelion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee was really stupid. Glad that BB voters mostly rejected him. The Chiam saga was over decades ago. Most voters today don't care about it and there is really no need to keep bringing it up, pretty much like most voters today don't care that Ah Gong was once a translator for the Japs. Unless it is really criminal, most voters care only about the present and how a particular candidate can help improve their lives.

Little wonder Chee keeps losing.

Voters don't care, but PAP seems to care. Just last year in GE 2015, Vivi hinted to his crowd that the PAP will never backstab their mentors unlike the SDP. Telling that the PAP seems to continue using this even though it happened decades ago.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to thank the 2 marvelous kantang men from the Kangtang Party for reminding me of the decade old sage, first during the bukit buttock bye election and now this press conference. And their fake american accent is a real turn off.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Futile exercise.

People's' perceptions had already form long time ago and instead of convincing people who is the best party to present the best policies, csj and sdp is now fighting in the court of public perception. Which is the reason why csj is a liability to sdp. For as long as he is around, he will be a albatross around neck of every sdp candidate. Voters will see a vote for any sdp candidate is an indirect vote for csj.

laksa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would SDP have won Bukit Batok if Chong Wai Fung or Wong Souk Yee contested instead of Dr Chee?

Maybe that Neo Swee Lin should have joined SDP and contest :smile: