• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDA Desmond lost election deposits

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I admit I let out my biggest cheer of the night after Yam Ah Mee the returning officer extraordinaire declared Desmond Lim had only 1000+ votes. :smile:

Z

Zombie

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1127455/1/.html

GE: We'll be back, says SDA's Desmond Lim
By Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid | Posted: 08 May 2011 0430 hrs

SINGAPORE: Secretary-General of the Singapore Democratic Alliance Desmond Lim said the party will make a comeback to contest Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC in the next election.

He said despite the SDA losing, it did better than the last election. The party garnered some 31 per cent of votes in 2006, but won 35 per cent this time round.

All the SDA candidates who contested in the GRC are new to the political scene.

Mr Lim said: "I'm very happy there is an increase in percentage in comparison to the last GE results - there is an increase of over four per cent, so Pasir Ris-Punggol residents, we will come again

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
We still need jokers like desmond,ng teck siong and uncle yap around for the next GE,their comedy act has lighten me up after a hard day at work.:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
CST actually very unlucky. last time SDP got Dr Chee. now SDA got desmond. both ended up like shit. but Dr Chee learned his lesson and improve a lot.

LTK good in grooming successor!!! now wp got so many good people inside!!! its a pity East Coast GRC cant get!!!

sorli hor. if SDP doesn't get rid of chee, his sis and all those dubious character like john tan and especially jaslyn go, the rest of the newly conned into joining SDP are all marked for falure come next GE. it's better that people like vincent, ang and tan mutiny SDP n join gohmengseng's NSP. even KJ's RP is better than sdp.

sdp is an instrument exploited by foreign entity. as long as chee is holding power to it, this suspicion cannot be obliterated. voters won't trust SDP no matter what cyber or real world gimmick they can think of.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond Lim is such a spoilsport. He cried like a baby and yet wants the electorate to think he is man enough to represent them in parliament. When he lost badly, he did not blame himself but others esp. WP Lee Li Lian for "parachuting" in and pulling away votes meant for him. How presumptious & so full of himself! Methinks even w/o Lee Li Lian, he's in for a thrashing by Michael Palmer! He is just a political side-show, full of ego but empty of ideas. Another bro nailed it succintly-Desmond should have withdrawn from the 3-corner fight & anchored their GRC team instead. In that way he need not have forfeited his $16K deposit.What a laugh!

levusjovi

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Desmond Lim is even stupider than a pig! Why go into a 3 corner fight and after that starts to bad mouth feollow opp WP LiLian?

He claimed that he had been working in the ground but nobody had ever seen him until this year when the election boundary had been drawn. He called Lee Lilian a parachutist but I had heard LiLian speaks at the WP rally and I can tell you that this woman rocks. She is 100 times better than Desmond Lim.

In fact I stayed in Punggol and the whole SDA campaign was horrible. The SDA posters was not up after nomination day and only appeared on Sunday. You may say it is lack of resources but in my view the SDA had wasted 3 days out of the 9 days of campaigning. When the put up the poster, the position of these posters were bad and you can hardly see them. It was make worse by the yellow back ground and you can hardly read or see what is it. Lastly their slogan was low class in fact got no class. 'More good years for PAP, more tough years for the people' I wonder who coined this? This has no clas nor values at all, I am sure a Primary 6 student can coin better slogan than his.

He should step down and retire from politics totally in order not to be a joke again. He is the second biggest joke in Ge2011 after TPL. Hope that he borrowed money from ah long for the deposit and let the ah longs kick his ass.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK good in grooming successor!!! now wp got so many good people inside!!! its a pity East Coast GRC cant get!!!

Never mind still got 2016. By then hopefully he can gather some heavy weights for East Coast. The chaps there are decent but really need a heavy weight.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
returnoftheflyingpigscropped_1.jpg

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Lim is such a spoilsport. He cried like a baby and yet wants the electorate to think he is man enough to represent them in parliament. When he lost badly, he did not blame himself but others esp. WP Lee Li Lian for "parachuting" in and pulling away votes meant for him. How presumptious & so full of himself! Methinks even w/o Lee Li Lian, he's in for a thrashing by Michael Palmer! He is just a political side-show, full of ego but empty of ideas. Another bro nailed it succintly-Desmond should have withdrawn from the 3-corner fight & anchored their GRC team instead. In that way he need not have forfeited his $16K deposit.What a laugh!

His crying and then his wife's crying on stage, both accusing WP supporter threatening him to quit. Trying to win symphathy votes? I think that did not work at all.

He deserves to have his deposit forfeited.

dankos

His crying and then his wife's crying on stage, both accusing WP supporter threatening him to quit. Trying to win symphathy votes? I think that did not work at all.

He deserves to have his deposit forfeited.

i am surprised desmond lim has 1000+ relatives staying in punggol. if not how to explain the 1000+ votes? :biggrin::eek:

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP was able to garner 60% partly because of the weak contests that SDA and RP posed.

These 2 parties should do the other opp a favour - dissolve and disappear

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP was able to garner 60% partly because of the weak contests that SDA and RP posed.

These 2 parties should do the other opp a favour - dissolve and disappear

Don't ever say something like that

You need other parties to keep the spurs on WP

Power does corrupt, understand????

jw5

Loyal
In a mandarin interview he did on polling night after the results were known, he claimed that he lost not because he did not work hard but because of lack of branding.

Ok, fair enough. But what I want to ask him is this.
Before the elections, he insisted in contesting this ward in a 3 corner fight because he claimed that people supported him.
The result was that he had only 1000+ votes.
Did only the people who told him they would support him, eventually voted for him? :rolleyes:

My guess is that if any forummer here had stood in that ward, he would also lose his deposit, but would also be able to garner 1000+ votes. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
He has the courage to be an opposition politican. But lacks the intelligence, charm, and eloquence.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't ever say something like that

You need other parties to keep the spurs on WP

Power does corrupt, understand????

what is your fucking agenda here? now u support the opposition? When u can vote, as a PR, i'm getting the fuck outta here