• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sammyboy Runroaders

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thailand is a good place but bangkok is getting expensive, i have friends jumping ship to Vietnam, Cambodia and even Laos. I hope i dun need to come to this, currently still sticking to Thailand but planning to move away from BKK.
Pattaya seems to meet your specs, In Thailand but away from BKK. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pattaya seems to meet your specs, In Thailand but away from BKK. :smile:

Bangkok is the best, forget the rest. The rest are just holiday resorts. Price is never a problem for Singaporeans who can afford to arrive at Bangkok in the first place. It's still cheaper than Singapore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
qtIElvi6XnkLBBS.jpg

btw went to the carabao concert.....anyone knows the name of the guy on the top left corner? i spoke to him before the show but din know his name.....my fave all along was Lek (for his cool handlebar moustache)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It depends on the age group also. BKK is more suitable for the 20-30 something where shopping and partying. BKK is a very stressful place because of the traffic jams and I have never enjoy a single moment driving in BKK. When I first came to Thailand, I did enjoy Bangkok. Ironically, when I first step foot on Pattaya, I really hate this place. The reputation is just not as good as BKK. Many times, very pai seh to tell friends/relatives I am in staying in Pattaya. But now, Pattaya has been my home for the last 5 years. Learnt to adapt. For the over 40s like me, BKK is just to 'exciting' for me.

On the sleazy image of Pattaya. It's much tamer than it appears. Pattaya also not as expensive as BKK, only the taxis are expensive here. The rest are more or less the same price as in Bangkok.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really don't know how this "Good guys goes to heaven, bad guys goes to Pattaya" originated but can see many stalls selling this T-Shirt here. Became an unofficial trademark souvenir in Pattaya. Personally, I don't owe any of these T-Shirt. The other one I really like is กูไม่ใช่ตู้เอทีเอ็ม, "Gu Mai Chai Tu ATM!", literally means "I (impolite form) am not ATM machine!" Mean to tell bar girls that the wearer is not an ATM machine.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pattaya and Phuket bad reps with lotsa ladyboys. Bangkok too big and I reverse opinion from Ramseth. I vote for Hatyai. Bangkok just a vacation destination LOL
Different strokes for different folks bro....i would love to be long term in Pattaya a couple years back.....not now.....likewise i dun like BKK now.....never had a chance to get to know Haadyai much and now banned from there already. I am looking at Issan country now...Udon is first choice....used to be Nong Khai because of the wife but maybe 10 years down the road as NongKhai is too slow for me now. Udon has the right balance now

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hatyai is a good destination but it's proximity to Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani is not ideal. Short-term holiday OK, long term? definitely no. Too many news on the TV on southern bombings and shootouts. Last night, another one came out in the news.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hatyai is a good destination but it's proximity to Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani is not ideal. Short-term holiday OK, long term? definitely no. Too many news on the TV on southern bombings and shootouts. Last night, another one came out in the news.

Yeap, those problems over there spillover once or twice. But generally still OK lah. Bangkok also got problem until whole World Trade Centre burned down. Shit. Never name any building World Trade Centre again LOL

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Issan is very big. The only Issan cities I can think of now is Khon Kaen and Korat (Ratchasima). Udon, Have not been there so no comments yet. Korat is the gateway to Issan and so it is one of the more exciting cities in Issan. Frankly, I don't mind staying in any of these places as long as flooding is not a major problem. It seems now that flooding is affecting many provinces. Pattaya still not affected by the major flood but it did flood one of the main road (Sukhumvit) 2 weeks ago. 1st time in Pattaya.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I guess its not safe to go to Hatyai in the coming weeks?... Thought of goin there by bus during mid October...That Southern region is so unpredictable... Don't know when the next bomb will explode..:(

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Tigerairways flies there everyday. Seriously, not really worth to take a bus there. It's almost 20 hours! And you need to alight more than two times! one for MY customs, and another one for TH customs plus a few more for meal/toilet breaks. By the time, reach Hatyai, leg soft already.

Frankly, have to admit Hatyai working ladies are beautiful. And also have chance to eat Bak Kut Teh. As for the journey to Hatyai, I believe it should be safe as the bus do not pass by the hot spots.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hatyai is in Songkhla. Songkhla is in Thailand, geographically the southern end of Thailand. Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat are geographically in Malaya and in ancient times, Malay states. That's where the problem came from. Nothing to with Songkhla or Hatyai.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hatyai is in Songkhla. Songkhla is in Thailand, geographically the southern end of Thailand. Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat are geographically in Malaya and in ancient times, Malay states. That's where the problem came from. Nothing to with Songkhla or Hatyai.

Thanks Bro Ram for the info..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Tigerairways flies there everyday. Seriously, not really worth to take a bus there. It's almost 20 hours! And you need to alight more than two times! one for MY customs, and another one for TH customs plus a few more for meal/toilet breaks. By the time, reach Hatyai, leg soft already.

Frankly, have to admit Hatyai working ladies are beautiful. And also have chance to eat Bak Kut Teh. As for the journey to Hatyai, I believe it should be safe as the bus do not pass by the hot spots.

Actually Bro, I love taking long journey bus rides to enjoy the scenery... But I will also take your advice into consideration... Bro Chonburi and other Bros here, any stories about Danok?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Coach time Singapore-Hatyai is only 12 hours with PLUS. You must be ancient old road dinosaur to think that it's still 20 hours. Now it's one of best coach schedule in the world. You leave at about 6 to 7 p.m. (all agencies the same), cross customs, watch a video movie have some Malaysian shopping and supper and sleep all the way to Thai customs. Arrive in Thailand 6 to 7 a.m. wakey, fresh and good morning! Plenty of time to stretch, relax, choose and book your favourite hotel and eat your favourite breakfast.

Last edited: