• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam Lo is Great

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do you think Sam Lo shd face the brunt of the law and be charged as what happened?

well, she is facing the law now but i doubt the full weight of the law will be bear on her.

i just dont agree that she is brave, heroine, anti establishment, artistic etc etc... load of rubbish.

what she did was the same as a bunch of teenagers who play football on basketball court or at the void deck of a block of flat. both of which also illegal but no way was it anti establishment.

Last edited:

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You're confusing anti-establishment with anti-govt. The building was also not spray painted by her, but by a copycat.

This is a typical example of running down a highly publicized target and ignoring the real transgressors. You're the victim of the State Controlled Media, also known as the SCM. Why don't you grow some balls and go after the real guys who deface public property with real estate agency advertisment, tuition advertisement, hang unauthorized posters at the void decks, etc?

Tell me who are the ones being more anti-social.

She chosed public buildings? In what way was Realty Centre on Enggor Street consider PUBLIC building. She spray painted on the wall of a private building. What has the owners of Realty Centre done to deserve this?

She has anti social behavior but not anti pap lor by the fact she has friends who are buddy buddy with the movers and shakers inside the pap govt.

If she had spray paint the pap linked properties or even restrict to govt properties, then I don't really give a shit on what she did.

Non of the stickers slogans are anti establishment. They are funny but no way consider anti govt.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're confusing anti-establishment with anti-govt. The building was also not spray painted by her, but by a copycat.

uncle, please read those news articles again. according to the news, she painted the wall of realty centre while the other chap "watch water". so your copy cat theory from where huh?

as for why mata so farking efficient in catching her while ignore others, it not my problem. the only thing was she sway lor or the realty owners filed mata report so mata must show to "joh gang" lah. maybe u shd filed police reports against those real estate companies, tuition agencies since u like justice to be done against them.

i dont watch SCM hor, whatever i knew were from here. i victim of SCM??? yeah yeah... another mr know everything.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A rich prankster got caught........what the big fuss? Why over analyse? Politically motivated or not. Only she herself knows......and who the fuck cares! As expected she is going to get off lightly.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i dont watch SCM hor, whatever i knew were from here. i victim of SCM??? yeah yeah... another mr know everything.

You've got to stop looking at only what's in front of you and see the wider picture. The fact that we have a thread of 4 pages about the act of one tomboy shows that what she did was bordering on anti-establishment, almost being a rebel on her own. And then we have expats regularly writing articles to the news outlets saying how great Singapore is to be entreprenural, creative, artistic, etc. The irony is glaring. Meanwhile there;s another bunch of tuition ads at the bus stop again.

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]http://www.breakfastnetwork.sg/?p=3284

Street art aka grafitti allowed[/h]The Sticker Lady looks like she’s going to get a reprieve of sorts – she’s pleaded guilty and the judge has asked her defence lawyers to submit three reports — a Community Service Order report, a Day Reporting Order report and a pre-sentencing report.

Samantha Lo’s act of mischief is punishable with a jail term of up to one year and/or a fine; and up to two years and/or a fine if the loss or damage caused exceeds $500. Now, she might just get a slap on the wrist and her sticker-making and spray-painting talent might well be put to good use, say, for the Singapore Street Festival, under a Community Service Order.
Is it more than a coincidence that on her day in court, there is now news that graffiti might actually be acceptable? It’s not vandalism if art on the street or public areas has permission of the authorities. It’s also a go on private property if the owner has given the green light. (Frankly, there is no vandalism so long so as permission from the right people is obtained to do whatever you want on their property, like break a flower pot for fun) In fact, her lawyer told the court that Ms Lo will now undertake “street art initiatives” only with the correct permission.
Wonder of wonders. What is usually seen as an act of rebellion by working class young people in possession of a spray painting can is now given an official sheen, with even courses (subsidised some more) being held to teach people how to do, errrm, graffiti. Everything’s been turned on its head!
Now if these youths could only afford to go for these classes on street art as it is now called. Fees are $3,000 for 12 lessons. Candidates can apply for subsidies from the Singapore Street Festival. The subsidised rate is $2,000. Still expensive – for art that supposedly belongs to the disenfranchised, disenchanted and dis-possessed.
Of course, detractors will wonder what sort of training goes into the making of a graffiti artist. We are now told that these classes will contain elements of neuroscience and critical thinking. Students will have to find creative solutions to problems faced while painting, for example, how to reach a wall at a certain height or angle without a ladder. Seems odd. If permission is given, surely you are allowed to get up on a ladder, not do a work of art by stealth?
Then there is the question of how much control the authorities or property owner will have over the kind of graffitti art on their hoardings or mall walls. Would the artists have to submit a draft to be approved before they can get on with the paint work? Preferably an artwork in line with the property owner’s views, vision, mission or commercial line?
How like Singapore! Contained and orderly.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You've got to stop looking at only what's in front of you and see the wider picture. The fact that we have a thread of 4 pages about the act of one tomboy shows that what she did was bordering on anti-establishment, almost being a rebel on her own. And then we have expats regularly writing articles to the news outlets saying how great Singapore is to be entreprenural, creative, artistic, etc. The irony is glaring. Meanwhile there;s another bunch of tuition ads at the bus stop again.

mr hawkeye, your eye shd see that the bulk of the posts in this thread was by a lady in support of another lady. it just 4 pages of admiration from a gal to another gal.

i have no problems of street art. i liked what i saw in KL. i once just stand on top of large water drainage near KL chinatown and watch of couple of mat rocks spray paint on the side wall with graffti and wonder why spore cannot be more like this. as for sticker lady, i repeat once again spraying MY GRANDFATHER ROAD on the wall of realty centre cannot be view as ART or even anti-whatever. if she had stick to her stickers act or stencil on public road, i would have a laugh over it, but she crossed the line when she did what she did at enggor street.

btw, she just a well connected rich brat who will be lightly slap on the wrist by the establishment she so ANTI. if it had been only her friend who was caught, if bet he would be sentence to rotan on the arse. but lucky for him, his friend the sticker lady is well connected.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well, she is facing the law now but i doubt the full weight of the law will be bear on her.

i just dont agree that she is brave, heroine, anti establishment, artistic etc etc... load of rubbish.

what she did was the same as a bunch of teenagers who play football on basketball court or at the void deck of a block of flat. both of which also illegal but no way was it anti establishment.

i think Sam is great to do her part to help liberate SG from the pap.

i appreciate that one small step for Sam...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a typical example of running down a highly publicized target and ignoring the real transgressors. You're the victim of the State Controlled Media, also known as the SCM. Why don't you grow some balls and go after the real guys who deface public property with real estate agency advertisment, tuition advertisement, hang unauthorized posters at the void decks, etc?

Tell me who are the ones being more anti-social.

thanks for the good points.

many real estate agencies plastered their adverts all over the plc...many PRCs also indiscriminately stick their adverts on lampposts, etc...

why are the law enforcement officers not doing anything in all these?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Now if these youths could only afford to go for these classes on street art as it is now called. Fees are $3,000 for 12 lessons. Candidates can apply for subsidies from the Singapore Street Festival. The subsidised rate is $2,000. Still expensive – for art that supposedly belongs to the disenfranchised, disenchanted and dis-possessed.

I applaud the news to permit street arts with permission, but why everything has to boils down to commercialization? Bloody opportunists abound. It is a whooping of $3,000 for 12 lessons. And if as if Singapore had already had a bunch of tutors that knows "Street Art"?

Come on, don't on one hand free up while the other stiffen it. :mad:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as for why mata so farking efficient in catching her while ignore others, it not my problem. the only thing was she sway lor or the realty owners filed mata report so mata must show to "joh gang" lah. maybe u shd filed police reports against those real estate companies, tuition agencies since u like justice to be done against them.

the spf cant be selective in law enforcement or they will lose their moral ground

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]http://www.breakfastnetwork.sg/?p=3284

Street art aka grafitti allowed[/h]The Sticker Lady looks like she’s going to get a reprieve of sorts – she’s pleaded guilty and the judge has asked her defence lawyers to submit three reports — a Community Service Order report, a Day Reporting Order report and a pre-sentencing report.

Samantha Lo’s act of mischief is punishable with a jail term of up to one year and/or a fine; and up to two years and/or a fine if the loss or damage caused exceeds $500. Now, she might just get a slap on the wrist and her sticker-making and spray-painting talent might well be put to good use, say, for the Singapore Street Festival, under a Community Service Order.
Is it more than a coincidence that on her day in court, there is now news that graffiti might actually be acceptable? It’s not vandalism if art on the street or public areas has permission of the authorities. It’s also a go on private property if the owner has given the green light. (Frankly, there is no vandalism so long so as permission from the right people is obtained to do whatever you want on their property, like break a flower pot for fun) In fact, her lawyer told the court that Ms Lo will now undertake “street art initiatives” only with the correct permission.
Wonder of wonders. What is usually seen as an act of rebellion by working class young people in possession of a spray painting can is now given an official sheen, with even courses (subsidised some more) being held to teach people how to do, errrm, graffiti. Everything’s been turned on its head!
Of course, detractors will wonder what sort of training goes into the making of a graffiti artist. We are now told that these classes will contain elements of neuroscience and critical thinking. Students will have to find creative solutions to problems faced while painting, for example, how to reach a wall at a certain height or angle without a ladder. Seems odd. If permission is given, surely you are allowed to get up on a ladder, not do a work of art by stealth?
Then there is the question of how much control the authorities or property owner will have over the kind of graffitti art on their hoardings or mall walls. Would the artists have to submit a draft to be approved before they can get on with the paint work? Preferably an artwork in line with the property owner’s views, vision, mission or commercial line?
How like Singapore! Contained and orderly.

let's see how lightly she will be punished

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mr hawkeye, your eye shd see that the bulk of the posts in this thread was by a lady in support of another lady. it just 4 pages of admiration from a gal to another gal.

i have no problems of street art. i liked what i saw in KL. i once just stand on top of large water drainage near KL chinatown and watch of couple of mat rocks spray paint on the side wall with graffti and wonder why spore cannot be more like this. as for sticker lady, i repeat once again spraying MY GRANDFATHER ROAD on the wall of realty centre cannot be view as ART or even anti-whatever. if she had stick to her stickers act or stencil on public road, i would have a laugh over it, but she crossed the line when she did what she did at enggor street.

btw, she just a well connected rich brat who will be lightly slap on the wrist by the establishment she so ANTI. if it had been only her friend who was caught, if bet he would be sentence to rotan on the arse. but lucky for him, his friend the sticker lady is well connected.

shd we be against street art that is humourous and harms no one? or shd we be against a PM who has a penchant to shoot off his mouth without thinking, causing a young gal to be murdered in India and recently causing diplomatic problems for our Foreign Service Officers?