• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam Leong's band of brothers - cyclists

jw5

Loyal
Yes fully agree but cyclists that do stupid things kill themselves but motorists that pull reckless stunts kill innocent victims.

That's true, but the cyclists that do stupid things that kill themselves should be held responsible for their own actions.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yes fully agree but cyclists that do stupid things kill themselves but motorists that pull reckless stunts kill innocent victims.

Actually I have seen cases of cyclists killing pedestrians too.
Also one very bad case collision between inline skater and cyclist at East Coast Park back in 1999. Inline skater died from head injury.

jw5

Loyal
Also one very bad case collision between inline skater and cyclist at East Coast Park back in 1999. Inline skater died from head injury.

Yes you are right. Cyclists killing pedestrians should be charged with manslaughter and sentenced to a heavy jail term. :thumbsup:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I've never seen a cyclist kill a motorist.

Motorists kill both cyclists and pedestrians.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yes you are right. Cyclists killing pedestrians should be charged with manslaughter and sentenced to a heavy jail term. :thumbsup:
It was an accident. No charges were laid.

My point is cyclists can also be dangerous. High speed. Force = mass x acceleration. At high speed suddent crash the "a" is very high.
Even the inline skaters also dangerous too if crash into people.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I've never seen a cyclist kill a motorist.

Motorists kill both cyclists and pedestrians.
Got lah.

Sometimes the motorist swerve to avoid cyclist or pedestrian then get hit by big concrete mixer truck. Driver die instantly. Pedestrian or cyclist lived.

jw5

Loyal
It was an accident. No charges were laid.

My point is cyclists can also be dangerous. High speed. Force = mass x acceleration. At high speed suddent crash the "a" is very high.
Even the inline skaters also dangerous too if crash into people.

It does not matter if it was an accident. If I go around swinging a samurai sword and the sword kills someone, that would also be an accident but it does not mean I should not be jailed.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Got lah.

Sometimes the motorist swerve to avoid cyclist or pedestrian then get hit by big concrete mixer truck. Driver die instantly. Pedestrian or cyclist lived.

Pedestrian or cyclist just walked away pretending nothing had happened. :smile:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know what the fuss is about because more cyclists are killed by motorists than there are motorists killed by cyclists.
Its a fuss when pedestrians are more vulnerable on a pedestrian foot path being hit n injured permanently by irresponsible cyclists. The last place a pedestrian would expect to b met by an accidents

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Its a fuss when pedestrians are more vulnerable on a pedestrian foot path being hit n injured permanently by irresponsible cyclists. The last place a pedestrian would expect to b met by an accidents

I once collided with an old fart when I was jogging in a park. I caught him before he cracked his skull open. He scolded me in Hokkien. I cursed at him Burmese.

Accidents happen even if there isn't a bicycle in sight.

jw5

Loyal
I once collided with an old fart when I was jogging in a park. I caught him before he cracked his skull open. He scolded me in Hokkien. I cursed at him Burmese.

What were the curse words that you both used? :unsure:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It sounds like you were not able to errr..................... google the burmese word. :unsure::biggrin:

Sorry I made a mistake. I was Persian at the time of the incident.

I said همه خویشاوندان زن را دمار از روزگارمان درآورد

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

So all the more reasons to ban cyclists on foot paths as it increases the risks to pedestrians...n they should b banned from roads too as it ibcreases the risks to motorists