• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sales job - familiar situation ?

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were 4 salesman who report to the sales manager in south east asia. The sales manager reports to the MD based in china(who is a singaporean).
One of the salesman (we called Mr A) who work for quite some time >3 years recently got promoted to senior . One of the salesman (we called Mr D) who work for 2 years left and was replaced by a new guy. Mr B and C also work in the company for more than 2 years.

Recently, the MD wanted to get a AM for south east asia and have Mr A, B and C report to the new AM. However, the 3 of them are not pleased with this situation because why get a AM where they can promote from within ?

The 3 of them are contemplating to leave once they get their bonus end of Jan 2011.

Is this situation familar ? This is NOT a local company but a Europe company run by local singaporean. Company does not give AWS but bonus if they hit the sales target. Benefits so so but the only consolation is that they have complete freedom

Can someone share if they have the same or worse situation ?

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you remember in my previous post about the 2 americans who offered me the sales job. They asked their local GM, a typical singaporean salesman to handle my offer terms. Whoa lan eh! maciam roti prata, what we discussed were different from what I will be offered. I decided to take it up anyway as I have a game plan in mind...heh...heh...:o

If I am you, think of a gameplan, as for what type, I can't say much.
Hope you find it well.:smile:

There were 4 salesman who report to the sales manager in south east asia. The sales manager reports to the MD based in china(who is a singaporean).
One of the salesman (we called Mr A) who work for quite some time >3 years recently got promoted to senior . One of the salesman (we called Mr D) who work for 2 years left and was replaced by a new guy. Mr B and C also work in the company for more than 2 years.

Recently, the MD wanted to get a AM for south east asia and have Mr A, B and C report to the new AM. However, the 3 of them are not pleased with this situation because why get a AM where they can promote from within ?

The 3 of them are contemplating to leave once they get their bonus end of Jan 2011.

Is this situation familar ? This is NOT a local company but a Europe company run by local singaporean. Company does not give AWS but bonus if they hit the sales target. Benefits so so but the only consolation is that they have complete freedom

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

From what I gather, these sales guys is probably in their late twenties or maybe early thirties.

The way it is, these guys are looking at things from their perspective, why not promote from within, after all there are 3 of them.

Perhaps their MD is also thinking, by promoting anyone of them, I am quite sure the other 2 will not be happy as well as they were not chosen but more importantly I believe the MD is looking at getting another more experience person to lead the team, to expand the product line, or bring in new ideas to increase revenue.

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not read your previous post. Can you share with me the link below ? Thanks

if you remember in my previous post about the 2 americans who offered me the sales job. They asked their local GM, a typical singaporean salesman to handle my offer terms. Whoa lan eh! maciam roti prata, what we discussed were different from what I will be offered. I decided to take it up anyway as I have a game plan in mind...heh...heh...:o

If I am you, think of a gameplan, as for what type, I can't say much.
Hope you find it well.:smile:

moneymind

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 3 guys are in their early to mid 30s. They are all experienced and have been doing their work. It is not their sales no good. The MD is looking for someone who is experienced to lead, yes i agree on this.

But the problem is they are getting a younger guy to lead them, not sure whether he have experience before ? also not sure whether he can do well.
also by hiring a new AM, it may end up losing 3. That what it is going to happen.

Also, there are many times where a new job opportunities open up and employees are not promoted but hire from outside. Also show that it failed some times.

BTW : this is a electronics company.

From what I gather, these sales guys is probably in their late twenties or maybe early thirties.

The way it is, these guys are looking at things from their perspective, why not promote from within, after all there are 3 of them.

Perhaps their MD is also thinking, by promoting anyone of them, I am quite sure the other 2 will not be happy as well as they were not chosen but more importantly I believe the MD is looking at getting another more experience person to lead the team, to expand the product line, or bring in new ideas to increase revenue.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Perhaps their MD is also thinking, by promoting anyone of them, I am quite sure the other 2 will not be happy as well as they were not chosen but more ..e.

I have this thinking as you. 3 of them will beh-song each other if one of them got promoted. duno why but this is the facts. :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Krafty Hotbod sure kena conned or bonked or booted by the Americans.

I offer odds 1:10. Any takers?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 3 guys are in their early to mid 30s. They are all experienced and have been doing their work. It is not their sales no good. The MD is looking for someone who is experienced to lead, yes i agree on this.

But the problem is they are getting a younger guy to lead them, not sure whether he have experience before ? also not sure whether he can do well.
also by hiring a new AM, it may end up losing 3. That what it is going to happen.

Also, there are many times where a new job opportunities open up and employees are not promoted but hire from outside. Also show that it failed some times.

BTW : this is a electronics company.

The employee must always understand, sales to them (the guys) is good, does not necessary equate the MD or Management see it as such.

If their sales forecast shows that sales or revenue is going to be good for the next 3, 6 or 9 months, I sam sure the sales guys will be thinking they can rest easy, but for the MD, he or she is probably thikning about how to expand the business and increase the revenue. It could also be the MD is looking for a person to lead this team and do that to achieve the business goals of expanding and increasing the revenue.

Similarly, the MD does not see the potential in these 3 guys, to promote from within to achieve his objective, hence the decision to bring in new blood.

I am pretty sure, all three will not leave when the time comes, maybe one, but not all three, especially if it is a electronic company (in the trading business?)

Cuntamania

Alfrescian
Loyal
All three go up to the Sinkie MD give him a good FxxK!:oIo:

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you remember in my previous post about the 2 americans who offered me the sales job. They asked their local GM, a typical singaporean salesman to handle my offer terms. Whoa lan eh! maciam roti prata, what we discussed were different from what I will be offered. I decided to take it up anyway as I have a game plan in mind...heh...heh...

Don't give up your taxi licence yet. You may need it back two weeks from now. :biggrin:

You must be crazy. American company, local GM, ex-taxi driver salesmen - that tells everything.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
small start-up co,what do you expect? You can't expect something like established corporate,right? everything sui sui...:rolleyes:

Don't give up your taxi licence yet. You may need it back two weeks from now. :biggrin:

You must be crazy. American company, local GM, ex-taxi driver salesmen - that tells everything.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Krafty Hotbod sure kena conned or bonked or booted by the Americans.

I offer odds 1:10. Any takers?

You sure lose. He will go in, job conditions are normal, but he will quit and say how local GM conspire with Ho, or Americans conspire with CIA, or how they hate him etc etc so he had to quit.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
small start-up co,what do you expect? You can't expect something like established corporate,right? everything sui sui...:rolleyes:

I am saying you're a real idiot to disclose so much because there's going to be a 50% chance your employers already know you complained in here about being cheated. :biggrin:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, what i experienced at ST is real,okay! I already saw MP on this matter, in time to come, I will know the truth.

You sure lose. He will go in, job conditions are normal, but he will quit and say how local GM conspire with Ho, or Americans conspire with CIA, or how they hate him etc etc so he had to quit.

CCBcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey, what i experienced at ST is real,okay! I already saw MP on this matter, in time to come, I will know the truth.

You are a real loser. Nobody, not ISD, not Ho, not your Japanese boss made you quit your Japanese job. You're just a whiner and a neurotic paranoid who quit without valid reason.

Last edited:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
say so much also no use! let me prove you wrong with action and later you can suck my cognac!

You are a real loser. Nobody, not ISD, not Ho, not your Japanese boss made you quite your Japanese job. You're just a whiner and a neurotic paranoid who quit without valid reason.