• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SAF Recruits Feasting Like Kings During CNY Training! Thumbs Up For PAP And SAF! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1675084928007.png

While most of us had a chance to enjoy the Lunar New Year holidays, a number of full-time National Servicemen (NSFs) boarded a ferry to Pulau Tekong to continue their Basic Military Training (BMT).

Fortunately, despite being away from family this year, they got to enjoy a special lunch.

Wide variety of food
Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen shared a few pictures of the meal on Facebook on Jan. 27.

The highlight of the meal seems to be the big piece of duck leg, baked with lemongrass and coriander.

Accompanying the dish were pepper brown rice, steamed fish with ginger and lemon, and fried vegetables with mock abalone and mushrooms.

Recruits also got to enjoy a hearty bowl of tang hoon with crab meat stick and tau kee soup, a pineapple tart, and two oranges to finish the meal.

Here is a photo of the meal:

1675084951835.png

What a spread.

Happy faces
In another photo, the recruits could be seen giving thumbs ups for the meal, with a few joyful faces.

1675084974267.png

Ng wrote in his post:

"Thanking and appreciating our soldiers for their dedication and commitment in carrying out their training and operations over the Lunar New Year period!"

Serving special meals during festive seasons was not something new, as something similar was done for Christmas 2020.

https://mothership.sg/2023/01/nsf-special-lunar-new-year-lunch/

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol give them one good meal in a whole year and they forgot about all the misery in the past and upcoming. Really true blue Sinkies.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF? Why is there an enlistment nearing CNY? And the instructors also kena confined with the recruits on CNY?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF? Why is there an enlistment nearing CNY? And the instructors also kena confined with the recruits on CNY?
Why can't they defer the enlistment to the third day of CNY?
I enlisted on Dec 26, decades ago.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why can't they defet the enlistment to the third day of CNY?

Relax. More than half the recruits in the photo are not chink. Take another look.

So, the minorities are conscripted to do extra training and guard duty during CNY holidays while most of the chinks celebrate their holiday.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the propaganda machinery trying to glamorize and humanize NS. :rolleyes:

Slow news day? Or some special SAF day/anniversary coming up? :o-o:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why can't they defer the enlistment to the third day of CNY?
I also Dec batch. Never experienced the 3 weeks confinement. Booked out on Xmas eve. CNY also super long as my medical appointment was on the 4th day of CNY. So no need to book in but go straight to Paya Lebar medical centre for X-Ray from home.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also Dec batch. Never experienced the 3 weeks confinement. Booked out on Xmas eve. CNY also super long as my medical appointment was on the 4th day of CNY. So no need to book in but go straight to Paya Lebar medical centre for X-Ray from home.
I started at SAFTI on day one, and no book out for the first month.
My younger brother visited me on weekends, took the uniform home to wash and iron, and brought it back to me.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
gave them one fucking chicken wing each but for the rest of their lives, they will slave to give back a chicken farm every year