• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sadly whole tone of the WP Low's debate is conciliatory, and I have some tips for him

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sadly whole tone of the WP Low's debate is conciliatory, and I have some tips for

My comments are for any WP member monitoring this forum and for LTK in particular to improve his performance. I hope he takes up my advice.

Take up your advice and have a head-on clash with PAP n LHL??? I think LTK is smart enough not to be a Chee Soon Juan No.2....

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sadly whole tone of the WP Low's debate is conciliatory, and I have some tips for

there is no such thing as a PAP supporter here, there are only PAP cocksuckers and balls lickers, of which u are one.

:biggrin: So are you one of those Workers Party cock-sucker n pussy-lickers as well???? :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

One of the roles of an Opp is to provide an alternative, but this is not the one and only role. Of cos, Pinky knowing that WP is not able to take over, found it convenient to point him out. In UK parliament, the Opp is always heckling and hectoring the govt of the day on policy and practical issues, and so LTK and WP should do this more. I think that's what people here want to see. The more articulate and quick on the feet the Opp is, and the less articulate and nimble the govt is, the more success with such methods. LTK knows his forte is not the English language, and Westminster model is an English tradition. He however is Chinese educated. English is also the mother tongue of the Brits, so it comes easily. The UK voters are also sophisticated, and given to this cut and thrust debating style, but Sinkies with decades long bombardment of their political values have been conditioned to think that such outbursts are ungentlemanly.

CSJ shouting at GCT - "where's our money?" - would sound extremely normal in a UK hustings street scene, but here, it was considered disrespectful and rude. Sinkies also have to grow up and deserve the kind of Opp they get.

U are exactly right. And its true that Sinkies are not as sophisticated voters as the UK citizens. But this is where the oppo parties have to come in. If the WP heckled and pressed the PAP on policy and practical issues, it will start to get the electorate thinking. It will show that there are people out there that are not afraid of them. Instead u have a LTK bending backwards to differ to the PAP. Before the advent of the internet and social media, this would have been crucial in making the electorate think. Now, u have social media and any voter can go to any of the alternate news sites and get a different opinion from the shit times.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

UK Parliament the Opppo is allowed to access documents and data to a certain degree in order to provide alternative or counter proposals to the government. Singapore--I bet the PAP will never allow any Oppo party to access internal government sources at all. So WP, SPP, and all the oppo will have to argue based on what their small team of researchers--if they have any--can gather through their own means.

The most meaningful post you have made in a while.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

UK Parliament the Opppo is allowed to access documents and data to a certain degree in order to provide alternative or counter proposals to the government. Singapore--I bet the PAP will never allow any Oppo party to access internal government sources at all. So WP, SPP, and all the oppo will have to argue based on what their small team of researchers--if they have any--can gather through their own means.

Every strength can be made into a weakness. The PAPzis can be made to account for any missing or incomplete data. Each time they do not or cannot provide accurate or relevant data then it is to their shame and the oppos gain. It is in parliament where the figures that the oppo wants can be asked for and if not forthcoming then put the PAPzis on the backfoot.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kindly indicate how many times the WP voted with the PAP and how many times they voted against the PAP. Their own voting record in Parliament is not even found on their own website. I can right now tell you, they voted far more with the PAP than against it. If they want more seats in the next election, I suggest they explain why.

I don't care what the WP premise is, as far as I can see, their premise and voting record is too close to the PAP.

If you have no issues with most of the bills yourself, why would you want WP to vote against them?

By the way, for this year alone, WP also voted against the Public Order (Additional Temporary Measures) Bill.

Why don't they believe in it? The people of singapore believe in it. I doubt if you will find many people that will say no if they can take all their CPF out at 55. Many people may use their CPF to pay for their flats, so what? U are saying they have no money at all in their CPF accounts at 55 because of this? Seriously, u are a fool. Even if there is $50,000 in there, people want to have the option of taking it all out at 55. If u are with the WP, kindly educate LTK on this.

I am not here to speak for the PAP, so I can only say that at 55 there is partial withdrawal. You have the option of 7 opposition parties and none strongly called for CPF to be released at 55, so this has nothing to do with WP anymore and I am not sure which Singaporeans are you representing.