• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sadly whole tone of the WP Low's debate is conciliatory, and I have some tips for him

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sadly whole tone of the WP Low's debate is conciliatory, and I have some tips for

This is one of TS's best thread. The first post has the key exchanges between PM and LTK and he then offers his points of view as well as suggestions. This approach of what was said and then presenting his views provides context and he cannot therefore be accused of speaking out of context.

And more importantly the tone and approach is to help LTK and WP improve. Its valuable feedback. Unfortunately the responses from you has been appalling. The one below is particularly disingenuous .

1) Lets face it, the 7 WP chaps are drawing taxpayers funds. So lets be clear that there is an expectation on a reasonable performance.

2) If you keep splitting hairs on every suggestion and view, it worsens the situation.

3) You do realise that TS is one of the most vociferous critic of the PAP, so lets not have any doubt on which side he bats for.

Using the "we will agree to disagree" on yellowarse who is helping is making a deteriorating situation even worse.

Most importably everyone of us knows that PM is undermining LTK and WP to move the spotlight from his own dismal performance. We will as usual crucify him. Thats for another thread and another post.

In conclusion, if one's position's is difficult, just pass on the views to those who are prepared to work on it to make WP better. Don't even comment and end up digging an even deeper hole.

I guess it is best for the TS to speak for himself since both of us might be wrong.

On your point, yes LTK's position was a defensive one as the debate in this case was about WP and not the PAP. We will agree to disagree how effective the defensive position is; it is not black-and-white or a "back foot" all the time.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Sadly whole tone of the WP Low's debate is conciliatory, and I have some tips for

you see what i mean when u let hatred blinded you? how could you defend yourself when u say anyone is better
is the WP better? can u and i with no experience in running the country do a better job? stop lying to yourself

i am all for a good opposition, not a lousy opposition.

Damn right I am better. I can't speak for you, as you don't appear to have the confidence or the brains. What made Lee Con You a young, recent law graduate qualified to run a country? What made Corazon Aquino, a housewife, qualifed to run a country? What made Nelson Mandela, rotting in a prison for decades, qualitifed to run a country? I can give u many more examples. Countries are run by the civil service. That is why parties come and go, and countries still go on. Go and get an education on that first. Civil services implement politician's policies. If I (meaning my party also) am running singapore, I can instruct the CPF to change the withdrawal date for all plan holders to 55 years. CPF has a whole bureaucracy and data base to do that. In one month's time, the change will happen. What is the problem? Do you mean to say that I need to have the programming skills to go into the CPF computers to do this myself? Do you mean to say that if I take over the country with my party, the entire CPF organization will dissappear and vanish? Don't be stupid.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With such small oppo representation, the onus should always be on the incumbent to come out with the right policy, not on WP to provide an alternative. Therefore you whack the PAP's growth paradigm, and then say: with that kind of fucked-up growth, we'd be much better off with our party's zero growth proposal.

I see where you are coming from but I am not here to play with semantics. LTK would agree that WP is not in parliament to be checked by PAP but to check on them. The issue is articulation and as some people here said, LTK is not an English master. Personally, I admit that.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is one of TS's best thread. The first post has the key exchanges between PM and LTK and he then offers his points of view as well as suggestions. This approach of what was said and then presenting his views provides context and he cannot therefore be accused of speaking out of context.

And more importantly the tone and approach is to help LTK and WP improve. Its valuable feedback. Unfortunately the responses from you has been appalling. The one below is particularly disingenuous .

1) Lets face it, the 7 WP chaps are drawing taxpayers funds. So lets be clear that there is an expectation on a reasonable performance.

2) If you keep splitting hairs on every suggestion and view, it worsens the situation.

3) You do realise that TS is one of the most vociferous critic of the PAP, so lets not have any doubt on which side he bats for.

Using the "we will agree to disagree" on yellowarse who is helping is making a deteriorating situation even worse.

Most importably everyone of us knows that PM is undermining LTK and WP to move the spotlight from his own dismal performance. We will as usual crucify him. Thats for another thread and another post.

In conclusion, if one's position's is difficult, just pass on the views to those who are prepared to work on it to make WP better. Don't even comment and end up digging an even deeper hole.

Generally disagree with your post.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

we both already agree that the PAP did wrong when it comes to that issue.. so there is nothing to debate on..
why didnt the WP press for changes then? WP only do it after the white paper..didnt they?

Every party from WP to SPP to SDP to NSP and their own PAP MPs like Tan Cheng Bock warned of the implications of bringing in so many people. This was back as far as in 2000. Didn't foresee? You are kidding.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

we both already agree that the PAP did wrong when it comes to that issue.. so there is nothing to debate on..
why didnt the WP press for changes then? WP only do it after the white paper..didnt they?

Are you listening or not? Why respond with a question to an answer that already answers the question.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

why didnt you? is it because you are only good in voicing up in cyberspace?
i could cliamed i can do this and that too.. talk is cheap. :rolleyes:

If I (meaning my party also) am running singapore, Don't be stupid.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You sound like pedophile trying to convince us that you are not a thief.

does it matter? Dont takes thing at face value and let other influence you.
i can tell you, i am neutral, i support whoever do a better job and can better benefit the country as a whole
and at the moment, the PAP is better than the WP.

i wont hesitate to screw the PAP if they are incompetence. Now do i still sound like a PAP IB?

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

did u imagine it? i see, you are just another PAP hater who cannot differentiate between reality and imagination
you are ready to shoot down anyone who claim the PAP is doing a better job than the WP.

nothing to debate down. i thought u are better. i was wrong.. :rolleyes:

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

take it that i am a PAP supporter if that makes u happy. :p

You do, and you are. I'll tell you why:

I haven't seen you screw the PAP. So it's safe to assume that you consider them competent. In which case just continue to vote PAP. It's a free world.

Why then come here and tell people to vote better oppo if you're a dyed-in-the-wool Pappy supporter? The Chinese call this 挑拨离间.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Firstly we are all know about LTK and his command of the language. No one was looking to get your personal confirmation.

Secondly I am guessing that TS posted the exchange so that this excuse does not surface.

The issue is articulation and as some people here said, LTK is not an English master. Personally, I admit that.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Damn right I am better. I can't speak for you, as you don't appear to have the confidence or the brains. What made Lee Con You a young, recent law graduate qualified to run a country? What made Corazon Aquino, a housewife, qualifed to run a country? What made Nelson Mandela, rotting in a prison for decades, qualitifed to run a country? I can give u many more examples. Countries are run by the civil service. That is why parties come and go, and countries still go on. Go and get an education on that first. Civil services implement politician's policies. If I (meaning my party also) am running singapore, I can instruct the CPF to change the withdrawal date for all plan holders to 55 years. CPF has a whole bureaucracy and data base to do that. In one month's time, the change will happen. What is the problem? Do you mean to say that I need to have the programming skills to go into the CPF computers to do this myself? Do you mean to say that if I take over the country with my party, the entire CPF organization will dissappear and vanish? Don't be stupid.

i see the entire country's well being is supported by its infrastructure and civil service...not its leaders....no wonder failipines is such a shythole is because its infrastructure is retarded and manned by low iq retards....regardless of whose in charge.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal

if the opposition is good, i will support them too.
however this WP isnt of that calibre, in fact i am very disappointed with their showing so far.

they better shape up or ship out!

Likewise.... SG oppo is totally different from other countries oppo.... They are there just for show!!!

What LHL has said is true... What have WP or LTK brought up in parliament???? Of course some ignorant fools here will claimed that those policy were initially drafted out by the WPs and etc only for the PAPs to modify and rename it but my question here is if that is the case why no opposition has brought this issue up???? Fear??? Frighten??? Or what????

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't see anything wrong with being conciliatory.

LTK is just pretending to be calm and conciliatory to frustrate LHL and make him more aggressive. LTK stood firm and answer every points. In the end what people see is a confrontational govt and a conciliatory opposition.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What LHL has said is true... What have WP or LTK brought up in parliament????

Did LHL say that WP or LTK did not bring up anything in parliament? Some of you are really lost.

Of course some ignorant fools here will claimed that those policy were initially drafted out by the WPs and etc only for the PAPs to modify and rename it but my question here is if that is the case why no opposition has brought this issue up???? Fear??? Frighten??? Or what????

I remember that Gerald Giam listed a list of WP's ideas and his speeches that were found in PAP's doctrine later. You guys were the first to jump for his "boasting".

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which means you don't mind not having a change of govt as well?

What kind of a fucked up stand is that? You either believe PAP is doing a good job, and vote for them – or you think they're screwing up badly, and vote them out. Grow some balls, and make up your mind.

Come to think of it, your 'non-stand' makes sense if you're just trolling. Or part of the PAP IB.

First of all if you talking ballz with me, then show me that you've one and not just by hiding behind a PCs everyday to curse n swear.... Sent your anger via email to the PMOs office if you have the ballz....

Two, since day one when i was here, I already claimed that I'm neutral.... PAP didn't aid me when I left SG neither did they give me any special treatment but the way I see ignorant ppl like you putting up criticism without sense. Complaint for the sake of complaining without actions....

Dun like the govt, dun like the country, you're free to leave.... I chose that... Dun give stupid excuses like stay back n fight. Fight what??? Cowards like u n Escher can only jump into a forum n talk till the cow comes home but without actions.

Dun like the CPF scheme simply dun contribute or withdraw in full. PAP didn't stop you in withdrawing the full amount of CPF but of course comes with a price.

I pity WP n LTK to have ignorant fools like you as supporters. No wonder SG oppo can never pose a threat to the PAP

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why all kpkb about chinese helicopter LTK performance against a chek kangtang lhl at parliment debate? The whole damn thing is distracting the real issue of pap flip flop on its own transport policies. lhl beri clever, by opening the salvo against ltk, the nationalision of transport companies get regulated to the back pages in both the SCM and Alternate media. Some of you uncles shd know better than this. so what ltk did not stand up to lhl to your liking, big deal, all this cannot eat one, attack on pap policies u-turn then can get more political points.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i see the entire country's well being is supported by its infrastructure and civil service...not its leaders....no wonder failipines is such a shythole is because its infrastructure is retarded and manned by low iq retards....regardless of whose in charge.

some of the sg civil servants are pretty fucked up. if intell analysts interpreted "adis ababa" as "alibaba" and "khartoum" as "cartoon", and the report reached the desk of a dd without the dd catching the errors, you could tell how fucked up the rest of the civil service was. :rolleyes:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

First of all if you talking ballz with me, then show me that you've one and not just by hiding behind a PCs everyday to curse n swear.... Sent your anger via email to the PMOs office if you have the ballz....

You argument is one should choose to email than come to this forum. I don't see you emailing all the opposition parties instead of coming here.

Dun like the govt, dun like the country, you're free to leave.... I chose that... Dun give stupid excuses like stay back n fight. Fight what??? Cowards like n Escher can only jump into a forum n talk till the cow comes home but without actions.

Not the first time people say "leave if you are not happy". You can give an example of a country where most of its citizens leave if they are not happy.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why dun you set up your own party n stand for election coming 2016.... I think with your "WISDOM", many Singaporeans will vote for you n your party to rule SG.... Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

And also I've said, your contents is fabulous. You should sent it in to the PMOs office for the cabinet minister to take a look!!!