• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad Strory of Singapore's Lost Sons.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my experience tells me that saf is a recruiting ground for pap cronies. pap boleh! pap banzai! pap diu lei lou mou!:biggrin::oIo:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are mistaken. Not doing something can have serious consequences. Fireman not putting out fire, policeman not catching thief, manpower minister sleeping on the job, and so on. Not turning up for ns is the same. Debating on the plight of ex-singaporeans, aka foreigners is not high on the agenda of singaporeans. Surely you can understand we have bigger problems like dealing with belligerant foreign invaders in our land.

The same people who have branded ex-Sporeans as criminal are inviting some of these foreign invaders. Sad isn't it

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fuck those sinkies! We've gained many more sons in recent years from PRC, India and Pinoyland.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same people who have branded ex-Sporeans as criminal are inviting some of these foreign invaders. Sad isn't it

John Tan is right. A son is a son. Can hold a rifle, he's a singapore son. Much as i detest ns and its obligations, i concede it is a valid if not imperfect test of allegence. Now with the various pass holder workforce, i am rather skeptical and question the wisdom behind it. It seems a poor mechanism for fostering immigration, because any conversion is incidental not planned. An example is Mexicans crossing the border to America, they certainly want to be Americans. Like many of the ex-sinkies here, they left to be Canadians or Australians or Kiwis, certainly economics is the least of their concerns as money can be made anywhere.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If not for their Parents, Frens and Relatives they will keep far away frm Sinkiepore. The present Spore has gone to the dogs.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck those sinkies! We've gained many more sons in recent years from PRC, India and Pinoyland.

So, it is a matter of time one of these groups will take over, then you will either be a hong soh rou, tandoori or tocino.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many people whose left this godforsaken island and lived in another country for months or years,came back to singapore and cant wait to get the fuck out again in less than a week?on the last day of my 3 month sabbatical in australia,I wanted to weep when i had to leave this paradise and go back to this shithole called home.when I got off the plane at changni airport,I was immediately greeted by a blast of hot furnace air that punched me in the face,reminiscent of the 365 days of singapore weather.it was like standing in front of the exhaust and the blast from the radiator of a SBS bus as it pulls away.the shock from the heat was like a punch in the guts,waves of memories and and flashbacks surging thru the neurons in my brain like totall recall,memories buried deep within chasms of my brain of a world once long forgotten.there was a sinking feeling in my guts,the feeling when nightmare is becoming reality.it was like waking up in a nightmare in a mad max world,in the hellish desert and merciless sun,a world of freaks and madness and destruction.as i stepped into the airport terminal i was greeted by a sea of sinkie peasant faces and the chattering roar of thousands of peasant chinkie accents as they go about their daily peasant lives.oh god how i missed australia and the real world and the australian english accents.this land of freaks.my head rolled back towards the sky,as i prayed to god to please kill me now as i stepped into a peasant taxi driver's cab.

[video=youtube;UvlIFVgdn1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvlIFVgdn1Q[/video]

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lost sons my fucking ass,they are not lost,they are the saved and salvation.it is the people on this godforsaken island that are lost.singapore is gone,theres no turning back.

the babylonians and bible has this saying,weep not for the dead for the dead feels no pain,weep for the living,for they have to live in the hell that they and the dead have created.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How many people whose left this godforsaken island and lived in another country for months or years,came back to singapore and cant wait to get the fuck out again in less than a week?on the last day of my 3 month sabbatical in australia,I wanted to weep when i had to leave this paradise and go back to this shithole called home.when I got off the plane at changni airport,I was immediately greeted by a blast of hot furnace air that punched me in the face,reminiscent of the 365 days of singapore weather.it was like standing in front of the exhaust and the blast from the radiator of a SBS bus as it pulls away.the shock from the heat was like a punch in the guts,waves of memories and and flashbacks surging thru the neurons in my brain like totall recall,memories buried deep within chasms of my brain of a world once long forgotten.there was a sinking feeling in my guts,the feeling when nightmare is becoming reality.it was like waking up in a nightmare in a mad max world,in the hellish desert and merciless sun,a world of freaks and madness and destruction.as i stepped into the airport terminal i was greeted by a sea of sinkie peasant faces and the chattering roar of thousands of peasant chinkie accents as they go about their daily peasant lives.oh god how i missed australia and the real world and the australian english accents.this land of freaks.my head rolled back towards the sky,as i prayed to god to please kill me now as i stepped into a peasant taxi driver's cab.

[video=youtube;UvlIFVgdn1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvlIFVgdn1Q[/video]

Bro thats very well written.
I read and re-read.
I totally feel you.
Kudos. This is post of the month

snowbird99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lost sons? Come on. It's not a big deal. This is coming from a defaulter. If I want to see my friends and relatives, I'd just pop by to JB, but my next visit will be 10 years away because I cannot stand the heat. I can get Singaporean / Malaysian food anytime in Canada.

Those who haven't served NS are saved from the brain-washing that the PAP and SAF forces on 18 year old males.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got the wrong end of the stick. These kids are genuine migrants that left the country at a young age and are not liable for NS if they were correctly advised to apply for exemption. If they had applied they would have got it. This is not the guys who evaded NS.

Not matter how you cut and slice these things, getting access to Singapore is not paying homage to the country but having the freedom to visit friends and relatives that any other foreigner can. Who in his right mind goes to JB to visit friends and relatives from Singapore unless they have no choice. You might do it initially but your friends and families have better things to do than meet up with you and eventually start dropping out.

One must be a dimwit or gullible or mentally weak to be susceptible to brainwashing or fear brainwashing. Its phase that you go thru and vast majority would skip it if given the choice. If you can't get out of it, you might as well make it work for you.

Lost sons? Come on. It's not a big deal. This is coming from a defaulter. If I want to see my friends and relatives, I'd just pop by to JB, but my next visit will be 10 years away because I cannot stand the heat. I can get Singaporean / Malaysian food anytime in Canada.

Those who haven't served NS are saved from the brain-washing that the PAP and SAF forces on 18 year old males.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg is a very small place in a very big world. So ok, you got BO and operator unfairly bar you from getting on the roller coaster, there are still many other amazing rides in the amusement park. What the big deal? :confused:

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greatest idiots are those who had migrated but kept their Singapore Citizenship.

These idiots now have to pay Medishield Life, failing which, they can be arrested at the airport and charged in Court.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
John Tan is right. A son is a son. Can hold a rifle, he's a singapore son. Much as i detest ns and its obligations, i concede it is a valid if not imperfect test of allegence. Now with the various pass holder workforce, i am rather skeptical and question the wisdom behind it. It seems a poor mechanism for fostering immigration, because any conversion is incidental not planned. An example is Mexicans crossing the border to America, they certainly want to be Americans. Like many of the ex-sinkies here, they left to be Canadians or Australians or Kiwis, certainly economics is the least of their concerns as money can be made anywhere.

I met an ex-Sporean who left Spore when he was very young & eventually became an Australian. His family did all the right things, so he could visit Spore without being branded a deserter.

However in Australia he made the mistake of meeting and marrying a Sporean. She was a student & when she finished her studies she wanted to return to Spore. He followed her & he became my work colleague. The Spore authorities sent him a NS notice. If he wanted to live & work in Spore then he would have to serve NS.

The idiot actually agreed to serve NS:eek: He had to quit his well paying job to play soldier. Eventually as the romance wears out I predict that he will realise his mistake & even resent his wife for her decision to return to Spore. At least he can return to Australia, an option not available to other Sporeans.

I am one of the older Spore's sons i.e. lesser mortals. I have no illusions about how LKY exploited Spore & Sporeans. All my old friends & relatives have already left for greener pastures. Now with LHL things are getting worse for the son's of Spore.

I disagree that economics is not an issue. The more $$$ you can make in your lifetime the more options you have available. Just look at LKY & the billion$ many suspected that he accumulated. As the PAP would say, what's wrong with making money:confused: There is of course nothing wrong with making money but using your position to take advantage is I think unfair.

Other than money, there is a better climate, better opportunity, freedom, quality of life,... You can actually have a life outside of work :eek:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got the wrong end of the stick. These kids are genuine migrants that left the country at a young age and are not liable for NS if they were correctly advised to apply for exemption. If they had applied they would have got it. This is not the guys who evaded NS.

Surely the Gahman knows this problem, why cant they put it right, allow these chaps back without any problems? Allow Tiongs and Ah Neh they prefer, i say hell to tis Gahman. The Dominic case, use it to promote SAF and its bond with NS, no! they rather show who's the Boss attitude, why cant they pay a compensation of today's mkt rate?

snowbird99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not too much to ask my friends and relatives to meet me at JB once every 10 years is it? There are so many malls and hotels literally right across the cross way.

My message to fellow NS defaulters is not to despair. So what the PAP ruling party does not allow you to return? Big deal. Just work around it. Those small-minded PAP ministers only know how to enrich themselves while trying to make other people's lives difficult with their dim witted policies. Let's not let them have any satisfaction.

Not matter how you cut and slice these things, getting access to Singapore is not paying homage to the country but having the freedom to visit friends and relatives that any other foreigner can. Who in his right mind goes to JB to visit friends and relatives from Singapore unless they have no choice. You might do it initially but your friends and families have better things to do than meet up with you and eventually start dropping out.

One must be a dimwit or gullible or mentally weak to be susceptible to brainwashing or fear brainwashing. Its phase that you go thru and vast majority would skip it if given the choice. If you can't get out of it, you might as well make it work for you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anything to do with details for exemption is sensitive and the procedures never given out. There was a time when our embassy in the US had a set of instructions on this on their website. It was helpful and then they took it away.

There is no tracking mechanism for people who migrate. The application for good conduct certificate is not a good indicator as successful applicants for migration approvals received from foreign countries and those that actually migrate are between the applicant and the new country and the Govt has no clue. So they end up being lumped together with those who evade NS registration at age 16.5 years of age.

All the govt has to do is put on the website the procedure to see exemption for those who migrated when they were young.

The sad part is that 1 out of 3 PR males ( children of foreigners who have become PR) opt out of NS and give up their PR status and study overseas and work overseas but they are free to travel in and out of Singapore at will. Many foreign families take up PR for the whole family but apply for dependents pass for their male kids. This means that can work in Singapore when they come of age and get an employment pass.

Really a fucked up country.

Surely the Gahman knows this problem, why cant they put it right, allow these chaps back without any problems? Allow Tiongs and Ah Neh they prefer, i say hell to tis Gahman. The Dominic case, use it to promote SAF and its bond with NS, no! they rather show who's the Boss attitude, why cant they pay a compensation of today's mkt rate?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met an ex-Sporean who left Spore when he was very young & eventually became an Australian. His family did all the right things, so he could visit Spore without being branded a deserter.

However in Australia he made the mistake of meeting and marrying a Sporean. She was a student & when she finished her studies she wanted to return to Spore. He followed her & he became my work colleague. The Spore authorities sent him a NS notice. If he wanted to live & work in Spore then he would have to serve NS.

The idiot actually agreed to serve NS:eek: He had to quit his well paying job to play soldier. Eventually as the romance wears out I predict that he will realise his mistake & even resent his wife for her decision to return to Spore. At least he can return to Australia, an option not available to other Sporeans.

I am one of the older Spore's sons i.e. lesser mortals. I have no illusions about how LKY exploited Spore & Sporeans. All my old friends & relatives have already left for greener pastures. Now with LHL things are getting worse for the son's of Spore.

I disagree that economics is not an issue. The more $$$ you can make in your lifetime the more options you have available. Just look at LKY & the billion$ many suspected that he accumulated. As the PAP would say, what's wrong with making money:confused: There is of course nothing wrong with making money but using your position to take advantage is I think unfair.

Other than money, there is a better climate, better opportunity, freedom, quality of life,... You can actually have a life outside of work :eek:

Yes economics is not the sole reason for emigration. The issue is complex but to simplify it is about push and pull. Push is for the disgruntled, the down-and-out, the queers, the rebels or the honest bee who cannot tahan all the plps here. It is sink or swim and certainly money is lower on their hierarchy than their sanity. Pull is for the well-heeled, the flavour-of-the-month talent, those who have the means and many choices to choose from where to live and raise their kids. Certainly there are many ex-sinkies from the latter group in this forum, so the final destination could be Kannada or Ozzylia or Sporeta, every place has its own draw at different stages in their life. After all, even the formerly lovable Nicole Seah bows to the might of the Sing dollar by bringing home a Thai boy.

So as a nation, for its long term survival, it is vitally important to reduce the drain by focusing on the push factors, mitigate them if you will, because we can keep those sinkies if we tried hard enough. As for immigrants and emigrants of the latter type, it may well be economic concerns but remember sg is a 400sqm country - there is probably a physical limit to the diversity and depth of jobs available here. We cannot outdo every other country in this aspects so it is natural that some will leave. Of course even lky cannot give us winter, but hey at least we have aircon.