• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad Strory of Singapore's Lost Sons.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a story that never made the papers or received a profile and it has been going for close to 50 years. And it will continue. This is not about males Singaporeans who are required by law to do their National Service and evaded it.

These are Singapore males that migrated with their families and would not have to do NS. They left well before the age of 11 years (and later 13yrs) to places like Australia, NZ, US, Canada and other overseas locations. They did not enjoy the privileges of citizenship after the threshold year for consideration for NS. Their mistake was not following procedures to apply for exemption that they were perfectly eligible to apply for.

These are the poor souls that fell victim to poor advice from Singapore Embassies and High Commissions at the new countries that they have gone to, CMPB Contact Centre staff that was outsourced years ago and parents who fell victims to poor advice from friends and relatives.

They cannot return to Singapore, they cannot apply for renunciation, they cannot meet their extended families and friends in Singapore and they cannot be posted by their companies to work in Singapore.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a story that never made the papers or received a profile and it has been going for close to 50 years. And it will continue. This is not about males Singaporeans who are required by law to do their National Service and evaded it.

These are Singapore males that migrated with their families and would not have to do NS. They left well before the age of 11 years (and later 13yrs) to places like Australia, NZ, US, Canada and other overseas locations. They did not enjoy the privileges of citizenship after the threshold year for consideration for NS. Their mistake was not following procedures to apply for exemption that they were perfectly eligible to apply for.

These are the poor souls that fell victim to poor advice from Singapore Embassies and High Commissions at the new countries that they have gone to, CMPB Contact Centre staff that was outsourced years ago and parents who fell victims to poor advice from friends and relatives.

They cannot return to Singapore, they cannot apply for renunciation, they cannot meet their extended families and friends in Singapore and they cannot be posted by their companies to work in Singapore.

Why would anyone in their sane mind brought up overseas below 11 years old, want to come back here to do National Service??? What sad sons? they are fortunate that they don't come back....I wouldn't if my parents took me out of here before National Slavery age.....

That was not a mistake.....are you going to say..it is a privilege to do N.S.??

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
An honour? To serve the country of one's heritage is. For some reason(s), your policy=makers don't seem to think so. One's CPF is more important!

Cheers!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would anyone in their sane mind brought up overseas below 11 years old, want to come back here to do National Service??? What sad sons? they are fortunate that they don't come back....I wouldn't if my parents took me out of here before National Slavery age.....

Yes no sane person would want to do NS if they could choose.
I think TS was referring to those who could never step into Singapore without being regarded as crininals due to this NS cockup.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
People served NS for the country not for the PAP you tw@t.
you are so blind by your hatred for the MIW.

are you anti Singapore or are you anti PAP?
if you are anti SIngapore then i say, fuck off to a foreign land now.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its sadder still when you compare them with the good lives of foreigners here who need not do NS and can get to travel freely with their extended families. The most often language I hear on the MRT is tagalog, on the child's playground is Indian (not local Tamil or Malayalam)and on the park is PRC Chinese.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The sons and daughters of foreigners however, have a far brighter future.

Their parents, once they have cleared certain criteria, are able to invest in our housing market. They can purchase our flats and later sell them at a profit. They can even rent out the flat and enjoy passive income - which will fund their kids through school.

The PAP govt in 2005 signed the CECA with India which gives over 1 billion Indian nationals free, unfettered and guaranteed access to our job market. The CECA is being enhanced even as we speak to allow for greater scope of cooperation. As a result, even commoners in India have come to revere and admire Old Man, and some have even named their babies after him, beyond the ability of the PAP govt to control.

Compared to our "lost Singapore" kids who cannot come home because of National Service, the kids of foreigners have a far brighter future awaiting them. And once they are done with Singapore, surely they will move on to greener pastures, armed with a Singapore passport and able to go anywhere in the world without nary a care.

Majulah!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP says sinkapore is theirs ...without them, sinkapore will collapse. So, is there a sinkapore without PAP?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sons and daughters of foreigners however, have a far brighter future.

Their parents, once they have cleared certain criteria, are able to invest in our housing market. They can purchase our flats and later sell them at a profit. They can even rent out the flat and enjoy passive income - which will fund their kids through school.

The PAP govt in 2005 signed the CECA with India which gives over 1 billion Indian nationals free, unfettered and guaranteed access to our job market. The CECA is being enhanced even as we speak to allow for greater scope of cooperation. As a result, even commoners in India have come to revere and admire Old Man, and some have even named their babies after him, beyond the ability of the PAP govt to control.

Compared to our "lost Singapore" kids who cannot come home because of National Service, the kids of foreigners have a far brighter future awaiting them. And once they are done with Singapore, surely they will move on to greener pastures, armed with a Singapore passport and able to go anywhere in the world without nary a care.

Majulah!

You snooze, you lose. If you could not leave before your child turns 11, you are probably rather average or a civil servant well taken care of by the state, which is not mutually exclusive by the way. Be smart and praise the PAP, frequently. God does not always deliver the good life in this world, but PAP does. A small price to pay if you ask me.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think TS was referring to those who could never step into Singapore without being regarded as crininals due to this NS cockup.

I have a friend who was labeled that......those who have 'guat hee' ( backbones), will never step back here...what's the big deal?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not hate the PAP...I detest them.....I think you weren't born yet, when we became self government, & then join the federation , sang the "Negara Ku" & then for the 1st time sang Majullah Singapura & recited the pledge when we became independent..served National Slavery & soon thereafter....through the years, have been 'fucked' by the bull shits & craps heaped by the PAP....National Slavery included, CPF etc..

I would stand proud & salute my Flag, which is Singapore flag...the allegiance is to the country...not to any political party & would not equate the flag for the flag of a POLITICAL PARTY...

The spermatozoa had not met the ovum for you, when all this happened, an opposition that became the main party, & from a colony we became a nation...

I am anti-PAP...nah!...I have listen to almost every speech that LKY has ever made for my family are die hard members....until...

Why should I leave here...I am son of the soil......will live till I see the ruling party demise...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, thanks Narong.

This is not the guys that are evading NS. These are chaps that migrated with their families when they were little kids and did not have to come back and serve NS. However their parents were either wrongly advised by various govt departments or friends and families with wrong information. So they did not formally apply for exemption which would have been readily given.

Unfortunately these folks cannot enter Singapore now.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got it wrong. Read the original post again. They do not need to serve NS as they left as genuine migrants when they were young. Their families however did not formally seek exemption. They are now cannot enter Singapore. Lack of transparency by the Govt has led to erroneous advice given by various departments.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, thanks Narong.

This is not the guys that are evading NS. These are chaps that migrated with their families when they were little kids and did not have to come back and serve NS. However their parents were either wrongly advised by various govt departments or friends and families with wrong information. So they did not formally apply for exemption which would have been readily given.

Unfortunately these folks cannot enter Singapore now.

You got it wrong. Read the original post again. They do not need to serve NS as they left as genuine migrants when they were young. Their families however did not formally seek exemption. They are now cannot enter Singapore. Lack of transparency by the Govt has led to erroneous advice given by various departments.

Pray tell how do you formally apply for exemption?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leave already of course cannot come back. You see ex North Koreans suka suka walk back across the border to see their kin? Do NS first then talk! No exceptions! Unless you more dignified than our ministers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a friend who was labeled that......those who have 'guat hee' ( backbones), will never step back here...what's the big deal?

Alor alor. Small place. No big deal. :rolleyes:

I know of families whose sons can't come back with their families to visit their ailing/aging elders.
Families having to gather at JB just because one son is labeled as criminal for something not of his doing.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of families whose sons can't come back with their families to visit their ailing/aging elders.
Families having to gather at JB just because one son is labeled as criminal for something not of his doing.

You are mistaken. Not doing something can have serious consequences. Fireman not putting out fire, policeman not catching thief, manpower minister sleeping on the job, and so on. Not turning up for ns is the same. Debating on the plight of ex-singaporeans, aka foreigners is not high on the agenda of singaporeans. Surely you can understand we have bigger problems like dealing with belligerant foreign invaders in our land.