• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S’porean businessman gunned down execution-style in popular Philippine resort town

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
www.straitstimes.com

S’porean businessman gunned down execution-style in popular Philippine resort town​

rdkilling14_3.jpg

Mr Chan Kim Tay (left) with his wife Marife, in an undated photo. PHOTO: PHILIPPINE NATIONAL POLICE
Raul Dancel and Mara Cepeda

UPDATED

3 HOURS AGO

Raul Dancel and Mara Cepeda
Facebook WhatsApp Twitter More
A Singaporean businessman was gunned down on Monday at a popular resort town in Batangas province, south of the Philippine capital Manila.
Mr Chan Kim Tay, 66, had just left his grocery shop at a public market in Lian town and was heading home at around 6pm when someone walked up to him and shot him in the head, Sergeant Arthur Rosales, the case officer, told The Straits Times.
Lian is about three hours south of Manila by car.
Mr Chan was taken to a hospital in nearby Nasugbu town, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Sgt Rosales said police were now checking security cameras near where Mr Chan was killed for clues as to the shooter’s identity.
He said investigators were looking into a couple of leads, including the likelihood that a domestic dispute might have led to Mr Chan’s killing, and that the Singaporean might have been killed by a hired gunman.
Mr Chan had been in the Philippines for about 30 years, said Sgt Rosales.
He was married to Mrs Marife Chan, 49, a Filipino. Their three children are 28, 17 and seven years old.
Sgt Rosales said Mrs Chan told investigators her husband did not have any enemy nor had he quarrelled with anyone.
Mr Chan kept mostly to himself as he never learnt to speak Tagalog, the local language, according to Sgt Rosales, citing witnesses.
Mr Chan was not the first Singaporean to have been killed this way while living in the Philippines.
In August 2015, Mr Stanley Jang, 36, who managed a computer company, was shot in the face by two men while he was working inside his cubicle in Paranaque city, just south of Manila.
His widow told police Mr Jang, who had been in the Philippines for about 10 years, had been receiving death threats over a business dispute before he was killed.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been to and worked in many countries and there is only one place I dare not walk on the streets, and yes its Manila.
In Manila I only drive from place to place and will only park in a place with good security.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to and worked in many countries and there is only one place I dare not walk on the streets, and yes its Manila.
In Manila I only drive from place to place and will only park in a place with good security.
Yep. Me too. I only dare walk around in Makati Green Belt. Elsewhere, it's no no.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe if you dress shabbily and carry a bucket of Jollibee fried chicken, they might leave you alone.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of story : You will fuck up your own life eventually if you live in a fucked-up cuntry like the Philippines.
U go to these countries to huat big big and think the local will let u huat big big...is sleepwalking into disaster

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I frankly don't see the appeal of pinoy-land at all. I was outstationed there often during my early working days and I find the food there appalling. It's just like Burmese food, 难看又难吃!

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
I frankly don't see the appeal of pinoy-land at all. I was outstationed there often during my early working days and I find the food there appalling. It's just like Burmese food, 难看又难吃!
Burma food got a heavy smell
Pinoy food not so bad, pinoy crispy pork Jin Hao jiak