• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, RTS planners better cater for large number of parking lots....not just for malaysians workg in spore, also for sporeans going to stay in JB and working/studying in spore.

Agree with that, if I do buy, I will drive a Malaysian car to the RTS station and come to Singapore for work...

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe what we need is more links into JB, rather than just depending on Woodlands and Tuas. Maybe even make bridges where only allowed people to walk on foot, at places where distance between JB and Singapore not too great. Long travellators?

Its less than 1km I believe so once upona time walking was allowed. I personally have walked from one checkpoint to the other to avoid jam, then hopped on the JB bus or taxi in town to get around, this was in the 1980s when I was a teen studying here.But now its illegal to walk.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its less than 1km I believe so once upona time walking was allowed. I personally have walked from one checkpoint to the other to avoid jam, then hopped on the JB bus or taxi in town to get around, this was in the 1980s when I was a teen studying here.But now its illegal to walk.

You mean 1998 or 1999? Tuas 2nd link was only opened in 1998. I remember the 2nd link is quite new.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia–Singapore_Second_Link

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with that, if I do buy, I will drive a Malaysian car to the RTS station and come to Singapore for work...

Still a no. of years away.....2019 at the earliest. If underground option is chosen, it could be 2020 or 2021... But definately a game changer in getting hundreds of thousannds of MY workers to work in the 'North Coast Innovation Corridor'. haha

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
projectsreviewnajibhusnib1-150x150.jpg

Najib: MRT project will proceed as planned
Posted on 3 September 2013

PUTRAJAYA (Sept 3, 2013): Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak has given assurance that work on the mass rapid transit (MRT) lines 1, 2 and 3 will proceed as planned, and that the government is still in negotiations to build a high-speed rail (HSR) link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

"There is no fixed timeline for the HSR project as it involves negotiations with the Singapore government and there are technical matters involved so we will come up with a schedule later on," he told a news conference at his office here yesterday, after the Fiscal Policy Committee (FPC) meeting which was chaired by the prime minister.

In its Economic Transformation Programme mid-year review last week, the Performance Management & Delivery Unit had said that the government was committed to fiscal reforms as well as the spacing out of public projects, especially those with low-multiplier effects and high import content to tackle the country's budget deficit and ease pressures on the shrinking current account surplus.

Najib said the FPC's assessment found that the external environment is increasingly challenging, thus the moderation in the current balance of payment, coupled with continued fiscal deficits pose medium-term risks to the economy.

"Hence, strengthening the fiscal position is vital to sustaining the resilience of the economy, as well as further enhancing public and investor confidence," he added.

Najib also said over the medium to longer term, the government will look at ways to enhance its competitiveness and further diversify its export markets.

"The above measures will not only address the immediate concerns of the economy and the government's financial position, but also strengthen public finances over the medium and long term," he said, adding that the FPC will continue to meet regularly to assess economic developments and the financial position of the government.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe those 3 MRT lines are for KL (currently works in progress), not Johor.

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry a bit of a silly question here but I got a bit confused. There are abbreviations such as HSR, RTS, MRT. Trying to make out the subtle differences.

HSR is high speed rail? This one will link Singapore-Johor-KL and will move super fast like the ones in Europe?

RTS - this one is supposed to connect Singapore and other parts within Iskandar Johor? But I know the plan has been scrapped. There is supposedly one near CG Danga Bay but now it's cancelled right?

MRT - not sure what this is... another train option to go from Singapore to KL?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry a bit of a silly question here but I got a bit confused. There are abbreviations such as HSR, RTS, MRT. Trying to make out the subtle differences.

HSR is high speed rail? This one will link Singapore-Johor-KL and will move super fast like the ones in Europe?

RTS - this one is supposed to connect Singapore and other parts within Iskandar Johor? But I know the plan has been scrapped. There is supposedly one near CG Danga Bay but now it's cancelled right?

MRT - not sure what this is... another train option to go from Singapore to KL?

HSR is correct.

RTS is the one from Singapore Woodlands to JB.

MRT is those MRT lines in KL.

Johor may have internal LRT connecting the tamans.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
TITLE: Tender process for KL-S'pore high-speed rail to begin in 2H 2014

By Melissa Goh
POSTED: 10 Sep 2013 10:02 PM
URL: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tender-process-for-kl-s/808910.html

Malaysia will begin the tender process for the proposed high-speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore in the second half of 2014. That is according to the CEO of Malaysia's Land Public Transport Commission, Mohd Nur Ismail.
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia will begin the tender process for the proposed high-speed rail link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore in the second half of 2014. That is according to the CEO of Malaysia's Land Public Transport Commission, Mohd Nur Ismail.

He added that negotiations to finalise plans with Singapore were currently on-going.

The proposed high speed rail will span 330 kilometres and shorten travel time between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore to 90 minutes.

Mr Nur Ismail was speaking on the sidelines of a regional rail conference in Kuala Lumpur.

He also said the project was not affected by government measures to consolidate its fiscal position.

"As of the current information, we don't expect it to be impacted by that. We are still looking at 2020 as the completion date," said Mr Nur Ismail.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak recently announced that the government will scale back or put on hold projects with high import content, given a weaker ringgit and a yawning fiscal deficit.