• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

RTS rapid transit system linking Johor and Singapore (MASTEEL)

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiaz....that's why the news say still need to confirm the jb location before next phase, somehow msia side found out there's this 20 blocks of PC in the way of their previous track alignment. Now samura, everything redo.
After looking at the map, the most logical alignment now has to be a new alignment along jalan lingkaran towards bukit chagar, but need to cross part of PC reclaimed land, not sure R&F will agree or not.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiaz....that's why the news say still need to confirm the jb location before next phase, somehow msia side found out there's this 20 blocks of PC in the way of their previous track alignment. Now samura, everything redo.
After looking at the map, the most logical alignment now has to be a new alignment along jalan lingkaran towards bukit chagar, but need to cross part of PC reclaimed land, not sure R&F will agree or not.
PC will agree only if it somehow benefited the residents in PC.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

One possibility is to do a 2 stop solution. One near the seaside KFC/New Hong Kong restaurant area, while the other stops at Bukit Chagar. The crowd can also be dispersed better. But a fair bit of land acquisition needs to be made between Stulang and Bukit Chagar. We are probably looking at late 2021-22 before RTS becomes reality. HSR probably around 2024-2025.

Another solution is to follow the current causeway alignment. This seems more likely, but the alignment is quite crooked, and not very efficient.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Save the $ and double the number of immigration booths. Most problems will be solved at a fraction of the cost and many times the speed.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
News just appeared on Asiaone website that Sg has agreed to jb increasing its train frequency to 26 a day....hubby was saying that maybe rts will be shelved with this happening instead of rts....

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doubt it will be shelved.
Too much invested already. Singapore already doing the MRT facing Johor.
They won't do it without anticipation that this will go through

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to shelf. Just delay indefinitely. PC is blocking the rail line. Some big shot sabotaged entire project by selling land in the way of the rail line.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to shelf. Just delay indefinitely. PC is blocking the rail line. Some big shot sabotaged entire project by selling land in the way of the rail line.

PC not blocking the rail line..... where there's a will, there's a way. They can go around it or the authority can always buy back some reclaimed land from RnF if needed.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
News just appeared on Asiaone website that Sg has agreed to jb increasing its train frequency to 26 a day....hubby was saying that maybe rts will be shelved with this happening instead of rts....
but transport to station is lacking or inconvenient

also 26 a day, must still need to see the scheduling to assess.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
but transport to station is lacking or inconvenient

also 26 a day, must still need to see the scheduling to assess.

The fee from sg to jb also quite steep at S$11 for adult and S$10 for child...think from jb to sg cheaper at a few ringgit, not so sure about that....guess the journey should be fastest compared to buses and cars...works out to about S$700 a mth in train fares for me and my 2 kids if we want to take it on a daily basis..

Can take bus 950 to Marsiling mrt or apparently 15min walk away then take mrt to their school and my workplace...hubby will have to fetch us at jb city square mall or we park there but parking charges quite high there...

Just wondering if feasible to take train for daily commute if it cuts short the waiting time and avoids the causeway jam...maybe have to try it someday...

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

PC needs rely on the RTS to sell it's project smoothly i think.
So it's in its best interest to assist and get it over with asap.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they are using this 26 a day to appease the people while they find a way how to bring the RTS round PC. This RTS is not Lego, not you say go around then go around. They may have to acquire some private land and additional engineering assessment to do this.
It used to be straight forward before this PC came about, just go direct to Tanjung puteri, then in future connect easily to jb mrt.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO, I don't think PC being in the way is a problem. Remember that Woodlands North station is somewhat to the east of PC. If the plan is for an underground system, can't they just run under PC in the same way the the underground Circle Line in Sg runs under very built up urban areas? And if the plan is to go above ground, there is no reason why overhead viaducts can't be built east of PC and then curve westward towards Bt Chagar (if that is indeed the JB terminating station). I mean think of BKK's BTS alignment which has overhead viaducts making sharp 90-degree turns at certain sections such as between Siam-Ratchadamri and Sala Daeng-Chong Nonsi stations. The viaduct runs interestingly close to existing buildings at these intersections.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing is quite certain here is that for the SG side, the RTS connecting station will be adjacent to the Woodlands North MRT station, located next to the Republic Poly, which is also the last station on the Thomson Line.
This line and station are all underground.
If the RTS is going ahead, the connecting station will be built adjacent to it.
However, for the connecting station, which has to incorporate the CIQ can be also underground or above ground if they decide to built the line above the Straits. (imagine Paya Lebar interchange station)
If the line runs under the Straits and the first station is at Bukit Chagar, then there might be a bit of problem here.
With the PC development underway, a possible route will be coming from SG towards the front of MCS Cyberport building and run parallel or along Jln Lingkaran Dalam then swing westwards towards Bukit Chagar.
But imagine the line running under the Straits and emerging on JB side at Bukit Chagar, it will be a very steep climb upwards.
Even if the Station is 3 storey deep at Bukit Chagar, the line gradient will be as steep if not steeper than the current road up the CIQ in JB which is technically impossible for train.
And if the line runs above the Straits, then the gradient will be a lot gentler but the noise will be a nuisance for the PC residents!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can ditch your Spore cars cos its super ultra overpriced. But you just cant ditch your Malaysia cars. My friend mentioned his 3 vans road tax and insurance all come to less than RM 2000. I cant believe it!

My car insurance & road tax in overpriced Singapore is RM 12,000 already

How many of u guys in this forum will ditch your car for the train .. Kee chiu !

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can ditch your Spore cars cos its super ultra overpriced. But you just cant ditch your Malaysia cars. My friend mentioned his 3 vans road tax and insurance all come to less than RM 2000. I cant believe it!

My car insurance & road tax in overpriced Singapore is RM 12,000 already

No choice as Malaysian car have one major defect although cheaper. I can't drive it into singapore!!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
No choice as Malaysian car have one major defect although cheaper. I can't drive it into singapore!!

If Malaysia educaton system and economy catches up more with Singapore and it makes sense to hav your kids educated in Malaysia and you work in Malaysia, there is no need for Singapore cars at all. Put it this way, once Malaysia becomes a developed nation, there is no need for the existence of Singapore.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Malaysia educaton system and economy catches up more with Singapore and it makes sense to hav your kids educated in Malaysia and you work in Malaysia, there is no need for Singapore cars at all. Put it this way, once Malaysia becomes a developed nation, there is no need for the existence of Singapore.

That will not happen. In fact, education in M'sia is going backwards, unless you're talking about paying something like 30k RM a year for international school.
singaporeans are indeed lucky to be citizens of such a beautiful and well run country. I'm sure deep down in your heart you still love your country just like I do mine although i always complain about it.