• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rotan Caning - How Painful Huh???

PhuaCheeBye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_in_Singapore#Offences_punishable_by_caning

Offences punishable by caning in Singapore

Singaporean law allows caning to be ordered for over 30 offences, including hostage-taking / kidnapping, robbery, gang robbery with murder, drug abuse, vandalism, rioting, sexual abuse (molest), and unlawful possession of weapons. Caning is also a mandatory punishment for certain offences such as rape, drug trafficking, illegal money-lending, and for visiting foreigners who overstay their visa by more than 90 days (a measure designed to deter illegal immigrant workers).

The cane

A rattan cane four feet (1.2 metres) long and half an inch (1.27 cm) thick is used for prison and judicial canings. It is at about twice as thick as the canes used in the school and military contexts. The cane is soaked in water beforehand to make it more flexible and prevent it from splitting during use. The Prisons Department denies that canes are soaked in brine, but has said that the cane is treated with antiseptic before use to prevent infection.

image003.jpg

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_in_Singapore#Offences_punishable_by_caning

Offences punishable by caning in Singapore

Singaporean law allows caning to be ordered for over 30 offences, including hostage-taking / kidnapping, robbery, gang robbery with murder, drug abuse, vandalism, rioting, sexual abuse (molest), and unlawful possession of weapons. Caning is also a mandatory punishment for certain offences such as rape, drug trafficking, illegal money-lending, and for visiting foreigners who overstay their visa by more than 90 days (a measure designed to deter illegal immigrant workers).

The cane

A rattan cane four feet (1.2 metres) long and half an inch (1.27 cm) thick is used for prison and judicial canings. It is at about twice as thick as the canes used in the school and military contexts. The cane is soaked in water beforehand to make it more flexible and prevent it from splitting during use. The Prisons Department denies that canes are soaked in brine, but has said that the cane is treated with antiseptic before use to prevent infection.

What happens if the cane was soaked in brine

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the history of S'pore prisons, 2 chaps kena 48 strokes by mistake in the 80s. One was compensated. Not the other coz he had no $$$ to engage a lawyer.

Prison doctor is always around when session commences. SOP too. He is the only one who is authorised to stop the caning. No need to payback once doc declares inmate is unfit to carry on.

The ones that kpkb most when caned? Indians. SS/triad members are known to lan lan not scream. They want to maintain their 'face' and will endure all pain silently.

Indian as in those illegal immigrant not Singaporean indian :wink: yes those alien kpkb very loud . :wink:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All 48 strokes at one go? I tot there is a medic there to ascertain whether the caning can continue if that guy fainted or it gets too bloody?

I've seen the scars on the buttocks of my army cook before.

Last time got people say that if the mata wants to sabo you, he will dip the whip in horse urine and your buttock will rot after that.

" Last time got people say that if the mata wants to sabo you, he will dip the whip in horse urine and your buttock will rot after that "

It's a myth ... :wink:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's very, very painful. I witnessed it before. But, no one died from caning yet. Even the chap who kena 48 strokes all at one go.

48 strokes all at one go is very unlikely. Too much canning all at one go can kill a person no matter how strong or fit he is.
Depending on individual physical build and level of pain he can endure, an average person will not be able to take more than 3 strokes each day.
The total amount of strokes will need to be staggered and executed over a period of time.
The prison doctor will justify based on the actual situation and condition of the prisoner during the execution.

PhuaCheeBye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
48 strokes all at one go is very unlikely. Too much canning all at one go can kill a person no matter how strong or fit he is.
Depending on individual physical build and level of pain he can endure, an average person will not be able to take more than 3 strokes each day.
The total amount of strokes will need to be staggered and executed over a period of time.
The prison doctor will justify based on the actual situation and condition of the prisoner during the execution.

Phua Chee Bye says 1 stroke he will faint oredi ah !!! :*:

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
ROTAN CANING....Quite steam....Any brothers here has experience before? Share leh...cos I got a friend in jail now awaiting caning...:(

Don't know what to tell him when I next visit him in Changi Holiday Chalet...:confused:

http://www.corpun.com/singfeat.htm

View attachment 11255

Bro, sending my sympathy to your frd in holiday resort.

I do not not know what offence your frd is committing. But I have witnessed my frd who kana caned 3 strokes plus jail-time 2-weeks for vandalism plus property mischief.

I am not able to visit him cos I am not his immediate family member. Fyi, if got gang record is unable to go in, apwill be kana struck at the the interview room. But he have shown me me his cane marks after released, I can still remember the fresh mark, he told me after the 3 strokes, he have to lay face down for at least 4-5 days, literally he can't sleep during the night.

The first stroke he fell nothing, after the second stroke, the pain was electrified and intensified, he felt as though he kana electrocuted, the pain is at least 10 time. I can never imagine how painful that is.

All the best to your friend.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you get to see the face of the caner? The caner must be hunted by ex-cons like our ex-detainees go after military policemen.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro, it took place and victim was compensated. 70k I recall. He is known as see chap puayk Chong after his 48 strokes. Always in Geylang. Robbed gambling dens with 3 others. One also kena 48, the other two 36 strokes. SL brought this up in parliament some years ago when Jayakumar was still Law Minister.

Many are caned more than 3 strokes. Not staggered and not done over a period of time. No otang too.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No mask involved. Those who execute the caning are usually from SPEAR. Given allowance for this. Training needed.

Sorry ah ...what is SPEAR?

Special allowance as compensation for being humtum by ex-cons?

I am surprised to hear no news of ex-con gunning down police officers, prison guards etc. Are ex-cons so afraid of cheng hu nun?